Whats Up With The Toilet Paper Shortage on Cruiselines?

wizard-of-roz

If your steward is hesitant to bring you more TP, start using the washcloths and leaving them in the floor. I'll bet you'll have another roll or two in a New York minute!

They have a similar problem on Costa Cruise Lines -- Cruising Italian Style:

"So I go back toa my room,

an there'sa no sheet on my bed.

I calla the manager ana tell him I wanna sheet.

He tells me to go to the toilet.

So I say you no understand, I wanna sheet on the bed.

He say you better not sheet on the bed, you sonna ma b*tch.

I donna even know the man, ana he call me sonna ma b*tch." :D

That's crazy. I'm sure hoarders will stash some in their luggage to take home. But why not ration just those who seem to be going through it in short order?

If your steward is hesitant to bring you more TP, start using the washcloths and leaving them in the floor. I'll bet you'll have another roll or two in a New York minute!

Ahhh, toilet paper, my favorite subject! You could also hope that they come in 2 and 3 ply sheets, so you could split them in halves and thirds and they'd last oh, so much longer!

(Sorry to hijack the thread, but...)Hey Jhannah, remember me? Grandmother of triplets from Allen Texas from the Disney Cruise in January! How are you and Sarah and son-in-law and grandchildren? Are you planning on cruising again sometime soon? We're thinking about Celebrity's Solstice next January or maybe HAL in October or November.

Okay, back to the ever so important subject of T.P. I hear that on the new Celebrity ship, Solstice, it's made of silk!

Not to pry into anyone's personal behavior's but who would steal TP? And, a better question. If you can afford to go on a cruise, why can't you afford to purchase TP?

Ah! Ha! Goes back to my original statement.....TP will be surcharged and is a product that will be admired/enhanced and worshipped!!!!!!! :o

STOP, STOP, I have been splitting my sides laughing reading this thread. I can't laugh any more today so will have to not read this thread again till tomorrow. Seriously, I have never had lack of TP on any ship, let alone HAL!!!! There is ALWAYS extra there.:D :D :D

Not to pry into anyone's personal behavior's but who would steal TP? And, a better question. If you can afford to go on a cruise, why can't you afford to purchase TP?

Those same people who smuggle on liquor will have empty suitcases when leaving. Plenty of room to fill up with TP.:rolleyes:

Not to pry into anyone's personal behavior's but who would steal TP? And, a better question. If you can afford to go on a cruise, why can't you afford to purchase TP? :o

You know what they say about if it's not nailed down, well then......

2784.jpg

[quote name='mamaofami'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Those same people who smuggle on liquor will have empty suitcases when leaving. Plenty of room to fill up with TP.[/SIZE][/FONT]:rolleyes:[/quote]

I don't want to pack the stuff I have to. I can't imagine doing this but some people are really cheap.

[quote name='Piscescruiser']Hey Jhannah, remember me? Grandmother of triplets from Allen Texas from the Disney Cruise in January![/quote] Absolutely! Good to see you. DW and I will be on the Eurodam in July. Looking forward to it.

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][B][COLOR=#4b0082]......Now, to get to the [U]toilet paper[/U]. What's up with the "doling" it out only when the last roll is down to 4 squares and has been used up and you've been brought down to using the tissues and to "begging" houskeeping to cough up more!!!!!![/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=indigo][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]WHAT'S UP WITH THIS? Am I alone? And, do I need a 12 sheet program or something?......[/B][/COLOR][/quote]
Here is one of the potential reasons cruise lines may be experiencing TP shortages. Guess the kids are having too much fun. :eek:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMvrWdF5q6I&feature=related[/URL]

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][B]I was going to write a review of our Oosterdam cruise, this past week. But, it's all been said. [U]It's a great ship, with a wonderful crew![/U][/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]The entertainment, this past week, was the best I've ever seen on any cruise ship!!!!! We love Julie Barr and "Edge" they were the best!!!! The singers and dancers were especially good and the talent contest was amazing![/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Now, to get to the [U]toilet paper[/U]. What's up with the "doling" it out only when the last roll is down to 4 squares and has been used up and you've been brought down to using the tissues and to "begging" houskeeping to cough up more!!!!!![/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]It got to the point, the first two days that we were literally pleading for more and, finally, by the 4th day, the steward would put in an extra roll. What's the deal? We rarely use the bathrooms around the ship and try to use our cabin bathroom, only! We're not toilet paper horders or over abusers! I just don't care to share germs with thousands of others!!!!!![/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]WHAT'S UP WITH THIS? Am I alone? And, do I need a 12 sheet program or something?[/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]The Steward, at one point, would be seen, literally, jumping into another cabin, when he would see us exiting ours! We're not demanding people...toilet paper is one of those things we all use!!!! [/B][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][B]We've noticed on our other cruises, as well (on different lines), toilet paper is like gold? Do we start bringing our own?[/B][/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=#4b0082]Next thing, I'll notice; [I]"Toilet paper sur-charge!"[/I][/COLOR][/B][/quote]
[B][I][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]That is the last place that cruise lines need to cut!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B][I][SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/B]

[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="4"]Formal Night Toilet Paper
[IMG]http://www.killerinnovations.com/Images/BT.JPG[/IMG]

Deluxe Suite Toilet Paper
[IMG]http://www.popgadget.net/images/luxury_toilet_paper.jpg[/IMG]

Holiday Toilet Paper
[IMG]http://www.mtmtrade.com/images/thumbnail/00163.jpg[/IMG]

Piano Bar Toilet Paper
[IMG]http://www.musicroom.com/images/catalogue/fullsize/AIMG11401.jpg[/IMG]
[I](I think Ruth has some of this...)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
;)

[quote name='chasetf']Here is one of the potential reasons cruise lines may be experiencing TP shortages. Guess the kids are having too much fun. :eek:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMvrWdF5q6I&feature=related[/URL][/quote]

That most certainly looks like a cruise ship toilet to me. No doubt mom and dad took the video. :rolleyes:

[quote name='hammybee']
A Toilet Paper Inspection Person (TPIP aka the Yum Yum Man) will be onhand, during boarding, to personally inspect, approve or decline all BYOT. Paper not meeting specifications will be confiscated and held for passenger diembarkation. TP holding charges may apply, at the discretion of the Hotel Manager.[/quote]

No! The Yum Yum Man can not do TP inspections! The candied ginger will never taste the same again.

Archived