Whats Up With The Toilet Paper Shortage on Cruiselines?

wizard-of-roz

The girls in that video and their parents should be found and banned from cruising! That likely caused plumbing problems for folks down stream from them in the ship's vacuum system. (Not to mention the waste.) Amazing!

[quote name='Boytjie']No! The Yum Yum Man can not do TP inspections! The candied ginger will never taste the same again.[/quote]

Nonono... the Bum Bum Man does the inspections.

<ducks>

Yes, I am going to hell.

And of COURSE people are going to want to steal this fancy stuff...!

[SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]From a hilarious TP thread from a few years ago, remember?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Future Daily Programs on HAL:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]"11AM: Friends of Mr. Whipple meet in the Half Moon Room"[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Two men are occupying booths in a public restroom, when one calls to the other, [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]"There is no toilet paper over here, do you have any over there?" [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]The second man replies, "No, sorry, I don't seem to have any, either." [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]The first man then asks, "Well, do you have a magazine or newspaper?" [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]The second man says, "No, sorry!" [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]The first man pauses, then inquires, "Do you have change for a twenty?"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]Talking Toilet Paper[/B]

[URL="http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/gadgetbargains_1997_1979672"][IMG]http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/gadgetbargains_1994_4160680[/IMG][/URL][IMG]http://us.st1.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/Img/trans_1x1.gif[/IMG]

Talking Toilet Paper!

Pull the toilet paper and hear your message. This Talking Toilet Paper holder fits into all toilet paper roll holders and plays automatically when someone pulls the paper. You can even record and re-record your own message as many times as you want. Record any message that comes to mind and then change it regularly to keep everyone smiling. Some examples include: Man, you really need to eat more fiber!
Hey Dad, can I have a raise in my allowance?
We're trying to conserve paper, please use both sides. This is a great gift idea for birthdays, [COLOR=blue][B]sea cruises[/B][/COLOR], Christmas, Anniversaries, Weddings, and Showers!

[quote name='bepsf']
[SIZE=4][FONT=Garamond]Piano Bar Toilet Paper[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=Garamond][IMG]http://www.musicroom.com/images/catalogue/fullsize/AIMG11401.jpg[/IMG][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][FONT=Garamond][I](I think Ruth has some of this...)[/I][/FONT][/SIZE]
;)[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]She does. :D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#4169e1]Great memory, Brian. ;) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Too bad that marine toilet didn't suck that child in with the roll of toilet paper....;) :eek: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Now that would have been potty humor!:D [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=indigo][B]Those little "shtunks!" Mommy and Daddy must be so proud of them!!![/B][/COLOR]:(

[COLOR=indigo][B]There's no hope for people who have TP issues on these threads....I will take my concerns to a higher throne!!!!!! ;) [/B][/COLOR]

Funny I just found this thread. Yesterday we visited with several passengers on the world cruise while the Amsterdam was in New York. A couple who were our neighbors on the 2005 wc were complaining that on this world cruise the cabin steward never left a back up roll of toilet paper in the bathroom only the roll that was on the dispenser. After asking for weeks he finally left them one extra roll. Pretty amazing when you consider their balcony cabin on the world cruise goes for $800-$900 a day.

[COLOR=indigo][B]Thank you [U]Cruisins:[/U] Finally, some validation for my TP concerns.....I thought maybe I was being too wasteful or overusing or too (excuse the expression) anal about my wanting of more of the "white" stuff!!!!![/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='Bill S'][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]From a hilarious TP thread from a few years ago, remember?[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Future Daily Programs on HAL:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]"11AM: Friends of Mr. Whipple meet in the Half Moon Room"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][B]Thank you [U]Cruisins:[/U] Finally, some validation for my TP concerns.....I thought maybe I was being too wasteful or overusing or too (excuse the expression) anal about my wanting of more of the "white" stuff!!!!![/B][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Well now that you've brought it up.................My God, woman, what do you do with all that stuff?:eek: :eek: :eek: Make paper airplanes? Hold regular wine tasting parties in your lav? Teach TP napkin folding? Have you ever thought about adding some more ruffage to your daily intake?;) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][B]I was going to write a review of our Oosterdam cruise, this past week. But, it's all been said. [U]It's a great ship, with a wonderful crew![/U][/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][B]The entertainment, this past week, was the best I've ever seen on any cruise ship!!!!! We love Julie Barr and "Edge" they were the best!!!! The singers and dancers were especially good and the talent contest was amazing![/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][B]Now, to get to the [U]toilet paper[/U]. What's up with the "doling" it out only when the last roll is down to 4 squares and has been used up and you've been brought down to using the tissues and to "begging" houskeeping to cough up more!!!!!![/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][/COLOR]
[COLOR=indigo][B]WHAT'S UP WITH THIS? [/I][/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

The culprit is Julie Barr. 10,000 TP rolls were re-allocated to be used for her toilet-paper animal craft classes.

There were two of them. First, the second day out in the Windstar Cafe for a small fee. US$15, I believe.

The second was the fifth night out held shortly after "Late Night with Julie Barr - Adults Only" in the Explorer's Lounge. This cost 30 dam dollars.

All supplies provided.

[quote name='jhannah']The girls in that video and their parents should be found and banned from cruising! That likely caused plumbing problems for folks down stream from them in the ship's vacuum system. (Not to mention the waste.) Amazing![/quote]
Actually ....these guys did clog their toilet and still had the gall to post the video with titles describing what was happening (including the ship they were on). Wonder why they didn't post their cabin number too. :rolleyes:

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCkts4vvSa4[/URL]

Wonder whose coffee cup they used "bailing out" their toilet. :confused:

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][B]It got to the point, the first two days that we were literally pleading for more and, finally, by the 4th day, the steward would put in an extra roll. What's the deal? [/B][/COLOR]
[/QUOTE]
I have never seen this in my life. I did notice on one cruise that we were running low on tissues in the cabin, but that was because my cabin mate came down with bronchitis during the cruise and was going through boxes of them.

But toilet paper? No, never had to beg for more on any cruise ... any line ...

Maybe on this particular sailing a vital shipment didn't make it to the pier on time and thus they were short?

Blue skies ...

--rita

[quote name='chasetf']Actually ....these guys did clog their toilet and still had the gall to post the video with titles describing what was happening (including the ship they were on). [/quote] The poetic justice in this case was that the plumbers came and woke them up at three o'clock in the morning to fix it!

These videos will probably come to mind next time we're onboard a ship and there are toilet problems. "Aging ships" may not deserve all the blame they get for these issues.

Johnny Carson's writers decided to include a joke based on this quote in Carson's monologue. He said "You know what's disappearing from the supermarket shelves? Toilet paper. There's an acute shortage of toilet paper in the United States."
[URL]http://home.nycap.rr.com/useless/toilet_paper/[/URL]

Archived