Whats Up With The Toilet Paper Shortage on Cruiselines?

wizard-of-roz

I was going to write a review of our Oosterdam cruise, this past week. But, it's all been said. It's a great ship, with a wonderful crew!

The entertainment, this past week, was the best I've ever seen on any cruise ship!!!!! We love Julie Barr and "Edge" they were the best!!!! The singers and dancers were especially good and the talent contest was amazing!

Now, to get to the toilet paper. What's up with the "doling" it out only when the last roll is down to 4 squares and has been used up and you've been brought down to using the tissues and to "begging" houskeeping to cough up more!!!!!!

It got to the point, the first two days that we were literally pleading for more and, finally, by the 4th day, the steward would put in an extra roll. What's the deal? We rarely use the bathrooms around the ship and try to use our cabin bathroom, only! We're not toilet paper horders or over abusers! I just don't care to share germs with thousands of others!!!!!!

WHAT'S UP WITH THIS? Am I alone? And, do I need a 12 sheet program or something?

The Steward, at one point, would be seen, literally, jumping into another cabin, when he would see us exiting ours! We're not demanding people...toilet paper is one of those things we all use!!!!

We've noticed on our other cruises, as well (on different lines), toilet paper is like gold? Do we start bringing our own?

Next thing, I'll notice; "Toilet paper sur-charge!"

I kept looking for the smiley faces to see if you were kidding but you appear to be serious. I have to say we have never had any problem being supplied all the toilet tissue we needed.

Don't bring your own. It would mess up the vacuum system. Only the marine paper supplied by the ship can be used.

The child in me delights when seeing a TP thread, cause you never know where it's going to go....:D

My inside sources tell me that Carnival's annual TP costs is in excess of

$11,047,623.07. Of this, 50% of it never makes it into the ships plumbing systems ( and they do check) so they came to the painful conclusion that passengers are helping themselves.

Given the world -wide toilet paper shortage, save a tree and all that, Carnival will soon announce allowing passengers to BYOT, provided the T meets marine plumbing standards.

A Toilet Paper Inspection Person (TPIP aka the Yum Yum Man) will be onhand, during boarding, to personally inspect, approve or decline all BYOT. Paper not meeting specifications will be confiscated and held for passenger diembarkation. TP holding charges may apply, at the discretion of the Hotel Manager.

Never noticed a problem. There's always been an extra roll or two on a spindle under the sink or someplace similar, regardless of the ship. I was last on HAL last October; I guess things could have changed since then.

Next thing, I'll notice; "Toilet paper sur-charge!"

Don't give 'em any ideas! :eek:

There was a similar shortage on the Rotterdam in January. Seems there were lots (and lots, and lots) of things that were ordered, but not delivered for our sailing. TP was one of them. It never got to "crisis" stage, thankfully.

I know what you mean, though. If I don't have a spare roll on that holder I start to get a little nervous.

Now, to get to the toilet paper. What's up with the "doling" it out only when the last roll is down to 4 squares and has been used up and you've been brought down to using the tissues and to "begging" houskeeping to cough up more!!!!!!

It sounds like a fluke. I've never had a problem running out of toilet paper. Maybe their delivery didn't arrive in time and they were running low. Or maybe one of the crew members has a side-business selling toilet paper on the islands. 8-)

OTOH, it's very light and packs well if you take out the tube. You might as well toss a couple of rolls in your bag next time.

Terry

That's crazy. I'm sure hoarders will stash some in their luggage to take home. But why not ration just those who seem to be going through it in short order?

If your steward is hesitant to bring you more TP, start using the washcloths and leaving them in the floor. I'll bet you'll have another roll or two in a New York minute!

If your steward is hesitant to bring you more TP, start using the washcloths and leaving them in the floor. I'll bet you'll have another toll or two in a New York minute!

Ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

That's crazy. I'm sure hoarders will stash some in their luggage to take home. But why not ration just those who seem to be going through it in short order?

If your steward is hesitant to bring you more TP, start using the washcloths and leaving them in the floor. I'll bet you'll have another roll or two in a New York minute!

That is too funny!!!:D :D

The child in me delights when seeing a TP thread, cause you never know where it's going to go....:D

My inside sources tell me that Carnival's annual TP costs is in excess of

$11,047,623.07. Of this, 50% of it never makes it into the ships plumbing systems ( and they do check) so they came to the painful conclusion that passengers are helping themselves.

Given the world -wide toilet paper shortage, save a tree and all that, Carnival will soon announce allowing passengers to BYOT, provided the T meets marine plumbing standards.

A Toilet Paper Inspection Person (TPIP aka the Yum Yum Man) will be onhand, during boarding, to personally inspect, approve or decline all BYOT. Paper not meeting specifications will be confiscated and held for passenger diembarkation. TP holding charges may apply, at the discretion of the Hotel Manager.

Next it will be posts like

"Does Anybody Know Where I can Get Toilet Paper In Ft. Lauderdale close to the ship"?

Then they will wrap themselves like a mummy in toilet paper to smuggle it on.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ! Okay, okay.....you guys have me peeeeing in my desk chair (where's the paper now?)

I'm serious....I'm really serious!!!! This was a TP ordeal that had to be addressed.....

Oh! Never mind, it won't matter what I say now....The whole thread is either so hilariously funny or so disgusting nothing will be taken seriously!

I can see I'll just have to MOVE ON!!!!!! :eek:

Archived