Drunks screaming at 3 a.m. in cabin corridor

scopewest

We cruised last year with a new-to-Carnival family. They were in an IS on the Lido, and asked for an early wake up call. Someone went down the hallways early in the morning knocking on the doors, and having never sailed Carnival, the husband thought it was the wake up call. With no window or clock in the room, he aslo did not realize it was 3 AM! He got up, showered, and went out to Lido to get some coffee and breakfast - only to be greeted by pitch black outside! He could not fall back to sleep but did enjoy a beautiful sunrise that morning, and we all has a great story to tell now!

We cruised last year with a new-to-Carnival family. They were in an IS on the Lido, and asked for an early wake up call. Someone went down the hallways early in the morning knocking on the doors, and having never sailed Carnival, the husband thought it was the wake up call. With no window or clock in the room, he aslo did not realize it was 3 AM! He got up, showered, and went out to Lido to get some coffee and breakfast - only to be greeted by pitch black outside! He could not fall back to sleep but did enjoy a beautiful sunrise that morning, and we all has a great story to tell now!

No wristwatch or travel alarm clock to glance at BEFORE going through all that trouble? WoW!!

While you paid to enjoy your cruise, the drunk guy in the hall is thinking and doing the same thing - enjoying his cruise. It is permissible to think that he feels your sleeping is interupting his good time.

Okay, the last sentence of this post is a joke, right? *LOL*

Although I suppose it is "permissible" to think just about anything, no matter how illogical an unrealistic.....

never cruise at spring break if you can help it.

(

Yup...Did that once. Because our kids are grown, it just didn't occur to us to think about spring break. We consider it our worst cruise ever (and we still had a good time!).

Yup...Did that once. Because our kids are grown, it just didn't occur to us to think about spring break. We consider it our worst cruise ever (and we still had a good time!).

It's the attitude that makes or breaks a cruise, and sounds like you had the right attitude on that one..

Lighten up people. This is a funny thread. The Ken comment was just hilarious.

The first time we cruised there was a cabin of young guys on the side of us. One night, musta been about 3:00 a.m. or so, they just were SO loud and wouldn't shut up or settle down.

I got up from the bed, and pounded my fist on the wall four times and shouted, "Shut the F&*K UP NOW!" They shut up. I said "thank you" and went back to bed. They were quiet for the rest of the cruise. Sometimes all it takes is just a little diplomacy.

Take note of the cabin number that is causing the ruckus, and give them a ring at say 6.30 a.m. and again at 7.30, 8.30, 9.30. Just to let them know you care.:D

Excellent idea!! I don't think the cabin phones have caller ID, do they?

I'm not surprised. Did you ever undress a Ken doll? Nothing there.:rolleyes:

This is a funny thread. The best "advice" to those truly concerned is that if there is no caller ID in your room, then there isn't any in theirs either. I read one post where the person just SAID they were Security or Pursor's desk so they didn't have to admit they were their neighbors.

Pretty smart trick for those of us who DON'T want to go out & confront the drunks at 3:00 am....

_

Lighten up people. This is a funny thread. The Ken comment was just hilarious.

The first time we cruised there was a cabin of young guys on the side of us. One night, musta been about 3:00 a.m. or so, they just were SO loud and wouldn't shut up or settle down.

I got up from the bed, and pounded my fist on the wall four times and shouted, "Shut the F&*K UP NOW!" They shut up. I said "thank you" and went back to bed. They were quiet for the rest of the cruise. Sometimes all it takes is just a little diplomacy.

LOL, love it!!! Probably wouldn't work for me as I don't feel my voice is authoritative enough. I'd probably just sound like a shrew and they would shout right back at me and continue on with the party.

That's because they know it's not something you can prevent, you can only react after the fact. And they also know that on a cruise ship with an abundance of alcohol and people on vacation, this kind of thing will happen whether or not they consider it unacceptable. So they don't sweat something they can't control. Doesn't mean they like it or that they won't do anything about it once it happens. They just don't see the point in getting all up in arms over it when reading about it on a cruise message forum.

I read an interview with a lady who had recently turned 100 and something. They asked her why she felt she had lived so long. She said, "because I don't let things stress me out."

Exactly!!!

Now let's party:D

LOL, love it!!! Probably wouldn't work for me as I don't feel my voice is authoritative enough. I'd probably just sound like a shrew and they would shout right back at me and continue on with the party.

LOL! Come on start practicing your Dr. Phil voice, have some fun with them. I bet I could do a Dr. Laura--I can sound like a real b*tch when I want to.:D

And next time I will keep my pants on too... :p

Why? I didn't read any complaints about your pantless state.. Your moons were not waking anyone up... now they may have prevented sleep for those who gazed but that's fodder for another thread.

Archived