Drunks screaming at 3 a.m. in cabin corridor

scopewest

Noise at 3AM in the morning???

I'm sorry, but this is not something that I expect to happen "every now and then."

Don't be sorry. I guess I am just different. If I go on a ship with 3,000 plus passengers, or stay in a hotel in Vegas, or at a AI........I go in knowing that I will come across things that are unpleasant. Yes even at 3:00 in the morning. (That's about the time we are headed back to our room sometimes lol and I could tell you some stories:D ) I think peoples expectations are way too high if they think everyone lives their lives the same way they do;) I would chalk it up to them having too much fun and drink and not realizing they were as loud as they were. Now if they were fighting then no reason not to call and it seems like someone beat her to it so problem solved.;) Not really sure what the big deal is......

Don't be sorry. I guess I am just different. If I go on a ship with 3,000 plus passengers, or stay in a hotel in Vegas, or at a AI........I go in knowing that I will come across things that are unpleasant. Yes even at 3:00 in the morning. (That's about the time we are headed back to our room sometimes lol and I could tell you some stories:D ) I think peoples expectations are way too high if they think everyone lives their lives the same way they do;) I would chalk it up to them having too much fun and drink and not realizing they were as loud as they were. Now if they were fighting then no reason not to call and it seems like someone beat her to it so problem solved.;) Not really sure what the big deal is......

Sorry, but at 3AM, I EXPECT to be able to sleep without being awaken by noise in the corridors!

And yes, if there is noise outside the cabin at 3AM, it is a BIG DEAL.

I have paid to enjoy my cruise - not have it interrupted by some drunken fools!

Sorry, but at 3AM, I EXPECT to be able to sleep without being awaken by noise in the corridors!

Then you would be the one that would call security.........

I would roll over and go back to sleep:D

Take note of the cabin number that is causing the ruckus, and give them a ring at say 6.30 a.m. and again at 7.30, 8.30, 9.30. Just to let them know you care.:D

LOL - that reminds me of something that happened years ago. we had a neighbor with a dog that would bark in the middle of the night. i was a bit chicken about a confrontation & it was before they had invented caller id. so, when the dog would bark, i would call their house & hang up when they answered. worked every time - i guess they heard the dog barking when they were woke up & would let it inside. problem solved.

We had the same thing happen on our CTN - screaming and slamming doors in the halls all night long. It wasn't the same people -just a new batch of drunks every few minutes. I blamed it on being midship - we haven't had that problem on either cruise where our room was all the way forward.

We did have a huge domestic spat in the room next to us one night on our cruise last fall. We could hear every word through the walls it was so loud, and the walls aren't that thin! Don't know what happened but she was screaming that she was going to leave him and was going to call the bridge right this second and make the captain stop the ship to let her off - LOL. Not sure where she was going to get off at since we were at sea! We had seen them in the halls a few times - the looked like an ordinary couple around 60 years old or so , but man, was she po'd about something!!!

Actually I went right back to sleep, it's DH who has trouble getting back to sleep if he's woken up at that hour by some outside noise. We had noticed they seemed to be more "party oriented" than we were, and we never heard noise inside our cabin from inside their cabin. It was just in the hallway that one morning.

And yes we did hear noise during the day of feet running, people talking loudly, but it was during the day, not the middle of the night.

I must say the Ken & Barbie comments are hysterical.

Just got off the Elation, had a great time and will post a review shortly but I wanted to comment about the people in the cabins next to us. We had a Cat. 12 (great cabin) for the three of us. Next door I swear there were 12 people in that cabin. Okay, the cabin can't handle that many but it looked that way when the door was open, I guess they had a few visitors, going by the empty beer buckets in the corridor.

So one night I am woken up by the sound of someone screaming down the corridor to another passenger. This went on for about five minutes, and right when I was getting ready to grab the phone I heard the door bang shut and the noise stopped. It was three a.m. Luckily it only happened once.

There's no point to this story except to say please remember you're not at home when it comes to screaming and some of us are trying to sleep at night.

Something like this happened last June on our HM cruise on the Conquest. One night DH and I hear a woman screaming at the top of her lungs, mad at possibly a boyfriend or something.... it lasted about 20-30 minutes..not too much of a big deal bc we really weren't trying to go to bed. THEN the next night the same thing was happening---more screaming (we even heard a bang-like pounding on a table or something). The first night we let it go...sometimes it happens... but two nights in a row, that is a little much. So DH called security. We didn't hear anymore screaming or arguing for the next two nights of the cruise. The weird thing was that we only heard one voice screaming.

I'm not surprised. Did you ever undress a Ken doll? Nothing there.:rolleyes:

That's the funniest thing I've read in a while!! :D

My motto is that you do whatever you want on YOUR cruise, as long as whatever YOU do doesn't interfere with me or my family. Although, I will say we've put up with a lot from other guests. It takes a lot to bother us.

I agree with you OP. That's exactly what I would have done.

Should you expect to sleep ...yes (I would), but while it is an annoyance I don't think that CC'er shrug it off, rather they have the attitude that they are not going to let it ruin their vacation. You cannot control everyone all the time - it is impossible and cruiselines would have to have a security staff that labored in the 100's to keep that kind of control and who would want that? Then who is the barometer for what is acceptable or not?

While you paid to enjoy your cruise, the drunk guy in the hall is thinking and doing the same thing - enjoying his cruise. It is permissible to think that he feels your sleeping is interupting his good time.

Also.. I am not sure why you needed to flame Venture, he was only making a joke, on this, I will have to put on my Team Venture shirt....

While you paid to enjoy your cruise, the drunk guy in the hall is thinking and doing the same thing - enjoying his cruise. It is permissible to think that he feels your sleeping is interupting his good time.

So the drunk guy has every right to keep everyone on the floor awake simply because he paid for his cruise?

We were on the Elation in Nov. '06. We had our first and last inside cabin and there was a family which had 2 cabins, one beside ours and one across the hall. The parents stayed in the OV cabin and put their 3 boys (ages 5-10?) in the cabin next to us. The first 2 mornings at around 6 a.m. we were awakened by the kids playing ball in the corridor or pounding on the cabin door screaming "Let me in". On the second morning my DH got up and opened our door to find the boys staring him in the face. He said "Shhhh! People are sleeping." That helped a lot, although we did still have SOME noise throughout the cruise. The first morning it happened there were some other guests around who were not as nice to them and it did not help at all. One woman was pounding on the parents' door, but they would not open it.

We were on the Elation in Nov. '06. We had our first and last inside cabin and there was a family which had 2 cabins, one beside ours and one across the hall. The parents stayed in the OV cabin and put their 3 boys (ages 5-10?) in the cabin next to us. The first 2 mornings at around 6 a.m. we were awakened by the kids playing ball in the corridor or pounding on the cabin door screaming "Let me in". On the second morning my DH got up and opened our door to find the boys staring him in the face. He said "Shhhh! People are sleeping." That helped a lot, although we did still have SOME noise throughout the cruise. The first morning it happened there were some other guests around who were not as nice to them and it did not help at all. One woman was pounding on the parents' door, but they would not open it.

Guess they do not enforce the 25 or older in every Stateroom :mad:

I can't remember, but how do you call a Stateroom? By dialing the room number? Next time that happens, call them and keep calling them until they answer. But of course they can take the phone off the hook so then call the Pursers desk.

Just got off the Elation, had a great time and will post a review shortly but I wanted to comment about the people in the cabins next to us. We had a Cat. 12 (great cabin) for the three of us. Next door I swear there were 12 people in that cabin. Okay, the cabin can't handle that many but it looked that way when the door was open, I guess they had a few visitors, going by the empty beer buckets in the corridor.

So one night I am woken up by the sound of someone screaming down the corridor to another passenger. This went on for about five minutes, and right when I was getting ready to grab the phone I heard the door bang shut and the noise stopped. It was three a.m. Luckily it only happened once.

There's no point to this story except to say please remember you're not at home when it comes to screaming and some of us are trying to sleep at night.

I see it a lot on the last sea day. People are parting like its 1999.

I haven't had this problem with noise but if it were to happen I think I would reward the person causing me to lose my sleep. I get cranky if someone disrupts my sleep, cruise or not.

I would wake the room causing the problem with early 6 am wake up call from room service. Just fill out the room service card by ordering some prune juice and milk from room service and hang it on their door.

Dave

So tell me... who p***** in your wheaties this morning?! :rolleyes:

I did! I did! I did! Sorry about that but it was 3:00am and I was drunk in the hallway. Well one thing led to another and I couldn't find the rest room. :eek::rolleyes:

I did! I did! I did! Sorry about that but it was 3:00am and I was drunk in the hallway. Well one thing led to another and I couldn't find the rest room. :eek::rolleyes:

Now, THAT's the funniest thing I've read on this board in a looooong time!!! LMAO!

Archived