Drunks screaming at 3 a.m. in cabin corridor

scopewest

Just got off the Elation, had a great time and will post a review shortly but I wanted to comment about the people in the cabins next to us. We had a Cat. 12 (great cabin) for the three of us. Next door I swear there were 12 people in that cabin. Okay, the cabin can't handle that many but it looked that way when the door was open, I guess they had a few visitors, going by the empty beer buckets in the corridor.

So one night I am woken up by the sound of someone screaming down the corridor to another passenger. This went on for about five minutes, and right when I was getting ready to grab the phone I heard the door bang shut and the noise stopped. It was three a.m. Luckily it only happened once.

There's no point to this story except to say please remember you're not at home when it comes to screaming and some of us are trying to sleep at night.

Just got off the Elation, had a great time and will post a review shortly but I wanted to comment about the people in the cabins next to us. We had a Cat. 12 (great cabin) for the three of us. Next door I swear there were 12 people in that cabin. Okay, the cabin can't handle that many but it looked that way when the door was open, I guess they had a few visitors, going by the empty beer buckets in the corridor.

So one night I am woken up by the sound of someone screaming down the corridor to another passenger. This went on for about five minutes, and right when I was getting ready to grab the phone I heard the door bang shut and the noise stopped. It was three a.m. Luckily it only happened once.

There's no point to this story except to say please remember you're not at home when it comes to screaming and some of us are trying to sleep at night.

Isn't that the truth... Some folks figure that no one else on the ship has any rights but them...

I encountered much the same thing on my voyage on the Inspiration, cat 12 cabin and a drunk groom in the corridor screaming at his newly wed wife for locking him out of the cabin...

When I was on the Majesty of the Seas there were a bunch of screaming kids outside my room one night. I immediately got on the phone and within a few minutes security had swept them out of the area. What's the worst that can happen if you call right away and by the time security comes they are gone, oh well, its securities job to patrol the ship. Maybe it means they will come around that area again to keep an eye on it. I won't stand to have my vacation ruined by anyone else.

Sorry that you had such a bad experience at such an hour of the morning. That would have pissed me off big time :(

Funny story,

A few years back on the Valor we were on our balcony waiting for sailaway and we were leaning against the railing and saw our neighbors doing the same so we said Hello.

Newlyweds ....the prototype of Barbie and Ken. Early 20s , He made Brad Pitt look like a bum , she looked like she walked out of a Playboy centerfold.

They were very nice and we chatted a bit.

Later on my wife and I joked "Man I bet we will be hearing them all week." *LOL*

The whole week ....nothing, not a sound , never !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We started thinking "whats wrong with them?" *LOL*

sounds like my group but I don't remember being on the Extasy. i know my sister and her husband always get into a huge fight every cruise we go on.

I think we had the cabin next to your sister last July on the Liberty.;)

They were really going at it, too...apparently he snuck out of the cabin after she fell asleep, and she wasn't happy with that at all:eek:

Garfield the Cat - "It's all about me!"

Sad, but true.

Many, many cruisers only care about themselves and give little thought to the rights of others.

Sad Indeed!

In all due respect you can't go on a cruise with 3,000 people and expect not to be bothered by something every now and then;) The op said it happened one night for 5 minutes.........

I certainly would have never brought it up for discussion on this board:rolleyes:

Take note of the cabin number that is causing the ruckus, and give them a ring at say 6.30 a.m. and again at 7.30, 8.30, 9.30. Just to let them know you care.:D

Excellent idea!! I don't think the cabin phones have caller ID, do they?

In all due respect you can't go on a cruise with 3,000 people and expect not to be bothered by something every now and then;) The op said it happened one night for 5 minutes.........

I certainly would have never brought it up for discussion on this board:rolleyes:

Noise at 3AM in the morning???

I'm sorry, but this is not something that I expect to happen "every now and then."

Dang OP.. we weren't on the ship! You heard us all the way from here??

We were fighting about Formal / vs Non Formal and Smoking..

It was just your friends at Cruise Critic in heated debate again!:D :eek:

Dang OP.. we weren't on the ship! You heard us all the way from here??

We were fighting about Formal / vs Non Formal and Smoking..

It was just your friends at Cruise Critic in heated debate again!:D :eek:

Now I wouldn't expect that:rolleyes: :p

Sorry that you had such a bad experience at such an hour of the morning. That would have pissed me off big time :(

Funny story,

A few years back on the Valor we were on our balcony waiting for sailaway and we were leaning against the railing and saw our neighbors doing the same so we said Hello.

Newlyweds ....the prototype of Barbie and Ken. Early 20s , He made Brad Pitt look like a bum , she looked like she walked out of a Playboy centerfold.

They were very nice and we chatted a bit.

Later on my wife and I joked "Man I bet we will be hearing them all week." *LOL*

The whole week ....nothing, not a sound , never !!!!!!!!!!!!!

We started thinking "whats wrong with them?" *LOL*

I'm not surprised. Did you ever undress a Ken doll? Nothing there.:rolleyes:

Archived