Drunks screaming at 3 a.m. in cabin corridor

scopewest

This whole thread cracks me up. I can't believe there are so many people out there that won't open up their cabin door and yell....."Shut the .....(what ever word you want to interject) up.".....Been there and done this and guess what...they shut up....:eek: :eek:

Spring break cruise 2007...cabins next to us (two 1a's) belonged to four or five 20-something young men. Every...yes, EVERY night...no wait a minute...that would be morning, at 3 am they returned to their cabins and spent 20-60 minutes "drunk-loud" (i.e. shouting) about their escapades before retiring). First night...we assumed "boys will be boys" and just lived through the disruption, second and third night...told them to "shut the **** up, people are trying to sleep"...fourth thru seventh (yes, the entirety of the cruise) went to the pursers desk in a bathrobe to request assistance. Some people just "don't get it".

Oh boy! Sounds like the people we encountered on my second cruise (2007), who at 3 am were screaming in the hall at the top of their lungs (drunk as a skunk), profanity, knocking on doors. We had babies staying down from us that you totally know woke them up. And the last night of the cruise, hysteria from a room because SURPRISE! dad was drunk/mom was doing pills and daughter was screaming to grandparents about how she saw friends die from pills and blah blah.

They needed to be in rehab and NOT on a cruise.

Oh boy! Sounds like the people we encountered on my second cruise (2007), who at 3 am were screaming in the hall at the top of their lungs (drunk as a skunk), profanity, knocking on doors. We had babies staying down from us that you totally know woke them up. And the last night of the cruise, hysteria from a room because SURPRISE! dad was drunk/mom was doing pills and daughter was screaming to grandparents about how she saw friends die from pills and blah blah.

They needed to be in rehab and NOT on a cruise.

WeLL,

I don't condone that people accept totally that sort of behaviour,

but instead to be realistic

In a fish bowl its going to feel a bit crammed at times,

We own an accommodation business and we try to eliminate trouble with our bookings -

It helps us if other guests discreetly let us know when trouble is brewing

I think the best bet is to study hard which cruise best fits your requirements -

hope for the best and report any serious infringements as soon as possible. (so things don't get out of hand)

sometimes people complain too late and the issue gets more difficult to deal with than nipping it in the bud so to speak.

ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH....YAHOOOOOOOOO.....

YIPPIIIIIIIIEEEEE......

HOOOOOOT AND HOLLLLLLLEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR.........:eek:

Sorry...just had to do that it's 3:30 in the Am.......:p

Just kidding...and now I'll shut up.......;)

I did! I did! I did! Sorry about that but it was 3:00am and I was drunk in the hallway. Well one thing led to another and I couldn't find the rest room. :eek::rolleyes:

How the hell could you not find the rest room?

There are several of them on every floor. Some of them are quite ornate. You just push the button and the doors open, you step inside and they close giving you lots of privacy. You press the button for how many minutes you will need in there. You do your business, and by the time you are done, the doors open.

The odd thing is when the doors open you are usually on the Lido deck and you have to walk all the way back to where you were. *LOL*

But its certainly better than making pee pee on someones breakfast tray.:) :) :)

Take note of the cabin number that is causing the ruckus, and give them a ring at say 6.30 a.m. and again at 7.30, 8.30, 9.30. Just to let them know you care.:D

Good one but,only if the phones don't have caller id.

When were on the Liberty, the people in the cabin across the hall started yelling @ 2 am, on the 1st night. Thankfully it only happened the once.

LOL - that reminds me of something that happened years ago. we had a neighbor with a dog that would bark in the middle of the night. i was a bit chicken about a confrontation & it was before they had invented caller id. so, when the dog would bark, i would call their house & hang up when they answered. worked every time - i guess they heard the dog barking when they were woke up & would let it inside. problem solved.

I had the same thing happen. I called them a 3:00 A.M. and told them to shut it up or the dog was dead. They got rid of the dog. If I had known that it would be that easy, I would have called them a month earlier.

ARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHHH....YAHOOOOOOOOO.....

YIPPIIIIIIIIEEEEE......

HOOOOOOT AND HOLLLLLLLEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR.........:eek:

Sorry...just had to do that it's 3:30 in the Am.......:p

Just kidding...and now I'll shut up.......;)

Dang I heard you all the way on Long Island!

This thread is hilarious but by the time the OP gets around to posting a review, we're gonna forget what this was about to begin with. :D

Scopewest: our DD and SIL will be on the Elation in a couple of weeks (honeymoon cruise) so we're looking forward to your review.

My review is posted under Elation 4/19 - 4/24 cruise review.

We just returned from the Fascination and wanted to let everyone know DO NOT book an outside cabin under the galley. We knew there might be some noise but this was incredible. The very loud banging went on until 2:30 and started up again at 5am and this was every night. It sounded like someone was hitting our window with a baseball bat. The people next door also complained of the excessive noise and saw one drunk sleeping on the floor in the hallway. Mixed in were the loud people yelling at family members in the hallway almost all night. Mothers yelling at teenagers at all hours. These kind of people have zero respect for others and should stay home. We were on deck 7, middle of the ship.

We just returned from the Fascination and wanted to let everyone know DO NOT book an outside cabin under the galley. We knew there might be some noise but this was incredible. The very loud banging went on until 2:30 and started up again at 5am and this was every night. It sounded like someone was hitting our window with a baseball bat. The people next door also complained of the excessive noise and saw one drunk sleeping on the floor in the hallway. Mixed in were the loud people yelling at family members in the hallway almost all night. Mothers yelling at teenagers at all hours. These kind of people have zero respect for others and should stay home. We were on deck 7, middle of the ship.

You booked a cabin directly under the galley and are complaining about the noise? :confused:

If you read the post you will see that we expected some noise however this was excessive. We had someone from the pursers desk come to our cabin to listen. They agreed it was unusual to be that loud and were not sure what was making the banging sound. We were given a discount on a future cruise as it was so loud. I was just trying to be nice and let people know that sometimes the noise can be loud enough that it prevents sleep so to avoid this don't book this area on the Fascination.

Open the door and yell at them to shut up saying other people are asleep:D it's very affective. I do this nightly at school because those who see college as a party feel the need to laugh and yell down the halls. Usually I get about 2 or 3 other sleeping people open there doors and echo "what she said HUSH":p

I was just trying to be nice and let people know that sometimes the noise can be loud enough that it prevents sleep so to avoid this don't book this area on the Fascination.

Thank for the heads up. I have heard other simular posts from folks who had a cabin under the Lido Deck, and heard scraping and clunking of chairs each morning and evening from the deck hands stacking and un-stacking deck chairs.

never cruise at spring break if you can help it.

seems these posts come out once a year...at the same time.:(

True but it wasn't spring break for our cruise. And I didn't notice an excessive amount of children on board. I just made the comment because I know CC'ers are a polite group of people who would never scream, and I wanted them to know it might happen to them on their cruise.

I must be lucky as hell. I hope my luck continues. I don't recall ever having to deal with excessive noise and we've actually taken 2 spring break cruises. It would definitely bother me if it was something going on every night, there is NO doubt about that.

Keeping my fingers crossed that my luck holds (for the remainder of my cruising life)

We just did a spring break cruise in March. NEVER again! There was actually a group of "young adults" that targeted the family that nightly told them to shut up. The lovely children would tie napkins to the door handles to remember which cabins to go to! Security was totally ineffective.

Then to top it all off -- all these young ladies have the nerve to wear bikinis around us middle-aged women who haven't been able to wear one in 20 years!

Talk about no respect!!

Then to top it all off -- all these young ladies have the nerve to wear bikinis around us middle-aged women who haven't been able to wear one in 20 years!

Talk about no respect!!

LOL!!!!

On our last cruise on the Conquest, I was awakened at 2 am by some teenager banging on the door directly across the hall from us, shouting for whoever was in that cabin to let her in because she needed to brush her teeth. I was not one bit happy. I had tummy trouble that night and had finally managed to fall asleep and some inconsiderate dumbass had to wake me up! UGH!!!

Some people don't use their brains at all. :rolleyes:

ETA....and yes, it was a spring break cruise. Never again!

On our last cruise on the Conquest, I was awakened at 2 am by some teenager banging on the door directly across the hall from us, shouting for whoever was in that cabin to let her in because she needed to brush her teeth. I was not one bit happy. I had tummy trouble that night and had finally managed to fall asleep and some inconsiderate dumbass had to wake me up! UGH!!!

Some people don't use their brains at all. :rolleyes:

ETA....and yes, it was a spring break cruise. Never again!

(pssst...teenagers don't have brains, do they???);)

Noise at 3AM...

And the majority of CC posters just shrug it off!

SAD... SAD INDEED!

That's because they know it's not something you can prevent, you can only react after the fact. And they also know that on a cruise ship with an abundance of alcohol and people on vacation, this kind of thing will happen whether or not they consider it unacceptable. So they don't sweat something they can't control. Doesn't mean they like it or that they won't do anything about it once it happens. They just don't see the point in getting all up in arms over it when reading about it on a cruise message forum.

I read an interview with a lady who had recently turned 100 and something. They asked her why she felt she had lived so long. She said, "because I don't let things stress me out."

Archived