Boston cruise pier?

I am booked for a departure out of Boston next Sept. Could I get some information about the cruise pier there, please? Does RCI have priority boarding there? About how far is it from the airport and from downtown? I need to determine in which area to get a hotel.

i left on a Jewel cruise out of Boston on 9/11.

i flew in the morning on my cruise so i can't really give you details about a hotel.

the actual distance from the Black Falcon Cruise Ship Terminal from Logan Intnerational Airport is about 2 miles. the cab fare including tip and after having to pay $4.50 toll for the tunnel was $18.

the embarkation process was quick and easy and it started at around 11 am. as for priority boarding i am assuming you mean for diamond members or suite passengers? if thats when you mean, then yes, i saw that there.

hope some of that info helps.

I am booked for a departure out of Boston next Sept. Could I get some information about the cruise pier there, please? Does RCI have priority boarding there? About how far is it from the airport and from downtown? I need to determine in which area to get a hotel.

We are also going in September - 9/22/04. We live in Boston, so here is info:

as mentioned, airport is very close. Pier is about 7-10 min by taxi from down town - Quincy Market area. So, if you prefer to stay in downtown - there is a lot of good hotels. In Downtown everything is in walking distance.

Thanks for the quick replies! I thought the airport was very close to the cruise pier. I've pretty well done the tourist things in Boston, so we'll probably stay at the airport. Glad to know about priority boarding. We experienced it for the first time last month. It really is nice to be in the first group aboard and not have to wait in a long line. Isabella, here's hoping we actually GO on the itinerary in Sept. and not have to go elsewhere because of hurricanes!! I know it's risky, but that itinerary is too good to pass up!!

As everyone has said, nothing is very far. We did the 9/11 sailing on the Jewel, and a friend stayed at the Logan Hyatt and said it was very nice. We didn't have priority boarding (lowly gold members here) but they checked you in by deck, so it only took us 10 minutes from the time they started checking in people until we were on the ship. And it's a beautiful ship!!! We got in line outside the terminal at 11 am, and we were in the Windjammer by 11:30 (after dropping off our carryons).

Nanatravel - did you say that the Hyatt Harborside has a shuttle to the Black Falcon Pier? Or did I misunderstand.

Also, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced place nearby to have dinner or a snack?

Thanks.

Archived