The Mercury is still great!!!!

ekeberg

We are just back yesterday from a 8 night Pacific Northwest cruise on the Mercury and we had a wonderful time. She looked in great shape to me and the crew and staff were the best.

We were in a SV cabin on deck 10 and ate casual dining every night.

My granddaughter who is 3 went to the kids club everyday and loved it.

If anyone has any questions I will be glad to answer.

I'm looking forward to being on her again in October.

Lynn

We are just back yesterday from a 8 night Pacific Northwest cruise on the Mercury and we had a wonderful time. She looked in great shape to me and the crew and staff were the best.

Lynn

Hi Lynn:) so nice to hear:D

Who were the Cova and Martini Bar bartenders?

You never went to the Main Dining room? Well, I was

going to ask you about your wait staff in there but no

need now;)

She's one of my favorite. I just booked her for Jan 2010 for a chance to sail her one last time before she retires from the fleet.

Hi Rick, I booked her for this September:D and then again

in Dec 2009:)

I am going back to Alaska in September:)

Seeing Sitka for the first time so that should be neat:D

Sailing from Vancouver and ending in Seattle.

Then the 11 nighter to the Southern Caribbean.

You were correct~the pricing for the 10 and 11 nighters

were quite reasonable...even for a solo.

Nothing else is booked for 2009.....not sure what I am doing

yet.

hello ekeberg

We will be sailing on may 25 to alaska on Mercury.

Please tell me everything about the ship.

Is there a covered pool ?

How about price of drinks on board. I cannot find anything about that.

It is our first cruise so we are very excited. It is good to hear that the Mercury is in good shape.;)

Greetings from The Netherlands.

Math:)

My wife and I also had a wonderful time on the 8 night Pacific Northwest voyage. "Rat" it was great meeting you and sitting at the Captains table! We can hardly wait for our next Celebrity cruise. I can say the food and service were excllent! Sitting here at work, wishing I was back on board the beautiful Mercury.

Lynn

Lynn,

Glad you had a great time. We had the same on the 4/12 cruise, although Damien was a little disappointed that only six of us showed up for the connections party. Still it was great to be on the Mercury again.

Have fun in October (I'm already jealous ;) )

hello ekeberg

We will be sailing on may 25 to alaska on Mercury.

Please tell me everything about the ship.

Is there a covered pool ?

How about price of drinks on board. I cannot find anything about that.

It is our first cruise so we are very excited. It is good to hear that the Mercury is in good shape.;)

Greetings from The Netherlands.

Math:)

Hi Math, Mercury has 2 covered pools. One is complimentary,

located AFT of the buffet up on the Lido Deck. It has a rectractable

roof. On the Alaska cruises the roof stays closed;)

There is also the T-pool which is in the Spa Area and that

is also inside but there is a charge for it unless you are in

Suite or an Elite Member.

Hope you have a wonderful time. She is my favorite ship:)

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back and answer some questions, but the one thing I did bring back from the cruise which I did not want is a cold and it is over 90 here in the San Diego area so I cannot cuddle under a blanket and drink hot tea.

We never went into the Martini Bar, but did go into the Champagne bar every night. The bartender there was Edwardo and my daughter had a banana split martini one night that was great.

Damian was still the cruise director, but I do not know about the rest of the cruise staff.

The aft pool has salt water in it and was very warm each day. The cover was closed on that area the entire cruise and my daughter and granddaughter swam in it every afternoon and had the pool to themselves. They really loved it.

The drink prices are high, I think we paid $8.00 per glass of wine and around $10.00 for a martini. They do have drink specials everyday and they run $5.00. My daughter would order those each afternoon and she said they were good.

We went to Michaels Club one night and my husband did scotch flights. That bar is so nice and no one is ever in it. They do not allow cigar smoking anymore in there.

Casual dining was also great. Most people dressed very nice and there were linen tablecloths and napkins on all tables. It is much quieter than the dining room and we really enjoyed it.

The food was great and I gained 5 pounds so now I eating popcorn for dinner.

I still do not want to cook or even go to the grocery store.

I really miss being waited on and I miss those shrimp cocktails.

Lynn

Can you please describe the SV room? We are going on her to Hawaii and have a SV cabin also...wondering about the size of the balcony, noise, and bedding in the cabin? Anything you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Glad you loved her!

We spent a month on Mercury back in March. I also was very pleased with the ship and crew. I think a lot of the credit goes to hotel director -- Sonia. I think she is great and the quality and attitude is reflected in the crew. The dining room staff really appear to be a team.

redjoan,

The cabin is large with a great deal of closet and drawer space. The first bed you see is against the wall and is only a double. The person on the inside would have to climb over the other person to get in an out of bed.

There is a sliding door between that room and the next which has a sofa that makes into a queen size bed and also a pull down bed so the room can sleep 5.

The deck is very large has some cover. I think the decks on deck 10 are bigger than on the SV's on deck 8.

This is our third time in this cabin and the first time we did it with 4 people.

It worked well for privacy with the sliding door, but you cannot see the TV from the double bed.

The bathroom is normal size with just a shower.

Lynn

We spent a month on Mercury back in March. I also was very pleased with the ship and crew. I think a lot of the credit goes to hotel director -- Sonia. I think she is great and the quality and attitude is reflected in the crew. The dining room staff really appear to be a team.

Hi,:) you sailed her for 4 weeks straight?:D You lucky people!

Do you happen to know if Sonia will be on board in September?

I have never met her before but from your post I would like

to when I am on the ship again.

We'll be on Mercury the first of next year for the Panama Canal transit, L.A. to Ft. Lauderdale. First cruise on Celebrity. We are on the Sky deck in cabin 1226. All your comments have us looking forward to our trip on the Mercury.

Since it's always more interesting to give & get information here rather then contacting Celebrity, I'm hoping someone has the answers to a couple of questions. (1) Is there WiFi, or any internet connection, provided in Sky Suites? (2) The balcony looks big, but wondering about the long, HIGH sidewalls on either side of it. Is it like being in a tunnel? (3) You mentioned Michaels does not allow cigars anymore. Is there any bar, or any area at all, where one can have a drink and a cigar?

We'll be on Mercury the first of next year for the Panama Canal transit, L.A. to Ft. Lauderdale. First cruise on Celebrity. We are on the Sky deck in cabin 1226. All your comments have us looking forward to our trip on the Mercury.

Since it's always more interesting to give & get information here rather then contacting Celebrity, I'm hoping someone has the answers to a couple of questions. (1) Is there WiFi, or any internet connection, provided in Sky Suites? (2) The balcony looks big, but wondering about the long, HIGH sidewalls on either side of it. Is it like being in a tunnel? (3) You mentioned Michaels does not allow cigars anymore. Is there any bar, or any area at all, where one can have a drink and a cigar?

We had this cabin from 2/17-3/16, and really enjoyed it. There is plenty of closet space, as well as drawer space. There isn't WiFi, or internet connection. The balcony is very spacious, and you don't have the feeling of being in a tunnel at all.

You'll enjoy it for a Panama Canal cruise.

The drink prices are high, I think we paid $8.00 per glass of wine and around $10.00 for a martini. They do have drink specials everyday and they run $5.00. My daughter would order those each afternoon and she said they were good.

The martinis may be expensive, but they are BIG. One got me tipsy and two got me DRUNK!

Sorry to hear about your cold, Lynn. I hope you feel better soon.

Hi There,

I just came back from a stressful day at work and was so happy to read all of the above posts as I am sailing on the Mercury for the first time this July to Alaska and am so excited. After having read very mixed reviews, I was getting a bit ansy, but feel better now and can't wait. :D

Thanks all.

Archived