when to book shore tours?

I have been on two previous cruises but never booked a shore tour through p&o. I am aware you can book once onboard but with limited availabilty, so how early can you actually book, is it a case of waiting until the blue folder arrives. Thanks guys any help would be appreciated regards aussiescouser:D

With Princess you can book your shore tours via 'cruise personaliser - computor system.' Easy, Don't think P&O have it, but then I have not been on a P&O ship since 1970 and they did not have computors then.:confused:

Cheers..Les:confused:

I am sailing on Pacific Sun June 22 out of Auckland. Paid the remainder of my fare 2 weeks ago and while with the t/a got him to book shore tours by ringing p&o direct, not a problem as long as you have the tour name and code.Nothing to stop you doing this yourself once you have your booking number, otherwise you have to wait for your tickets, around 3-4 weeks before sailing, and try to book off the tour sheet they send which may be too late for the popular tours. I have booked Aquarium tour in Noumea and may do petite train in p.m myself or walk up town , and in Vila have booked Ekasup cultural in a.m and then go to town in p.m

I also booked a P&O tour over the phone prior to the tickets arriving.

Obviously they won't do this too early, but once the shore tours have been organised for that particular cruise, they just add the cost to your cruisecard:)

Chez

xx

I also recommend ringing P&O direct and booking your tours even before your tickets arrive. Our blue folder arrived a month before departure. I phoned straight away to book the 9am Esakup Cultural tour in Vila and it was already fully booked. We did the 10.45am tour which great but the earlier tour would have allowed us more time in the afternoon.

Having missed out on our preferred tours on Pacific Sun a couple of years ago - the next time we cruised I emailed P & O for list of tours and then booked them via the Internet. Problem solved.

Roy

Archived