Cheap cigarettes?

UtterCaro

Princess doesnt let you buy them and keep them ?:eek: they hold it like liquor?

I wonder why ..

all other cruiselines do,, wow, im glad i read this, so I make sure i bring enough with us in august.

I was lucky as I read this before my cruise a few weeks ago. I can't think of a reason they hold the cigs as to my knowledge they are the only one that does it. I was on the CB.

I ended up buying them in St. Thomas for about $19 compared with $24 on ship.

wow, im glad i read this, so I make sure i bring enough with us in august.

Yes, I think you should bring enough. You can buy them by the pack at the bar but they are $4 a pack AND they do not have all brands in the ship store.

yes, they do carry them, but you can't buy them and smoke them on board. They hold them 'til the end of the cruise. You are better off buying them in one of the ports if you want to smoke cheaply while cruising.

We are doing a Panama Canal cruise in a few moths, can cigs be bought by the carton at their ports along the way. If I bought a carton at a port, would the ship take them away when I go back on board?

We are doing a Panama Canal cruise in a few moths, can cigs be bought by the carton at their ports along the way. If I bought a carton at a port, would the ship take them away when I go back on board?

No. It's just the ones bought on the ship.

Princess doesnt let you buy them and keep them ?:eek: they hold it like liquor?

I wonder why ..

all other cruiselines do,, wow, im glad i read this, so I make sure i bring enough with us in august.

I bought some in St Kitts for about $17 a carton. No problem getting them on the ship...but I didn't buy any in St Thomas and ran out that night - it IS $4 a pack (and selection is very limited) on board the ship.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but you can only bring in a certain numbers of cartons through US Customs. I believe it was three cartons - if purchased in St. Thomas - and an additional one from another location. I hope someone out there can adjust my memory if I am incorrect! :eek:

I don't remember the exact numbers, but you can only bring in a certain numbers of cartons through US Customs. I believe it was three cartons - if purchased in St. Thomas - and an additional one from another location. I hope someone out there can adjust my memory if I am incorrect! :eek:

I think the duty is 200 cigarettes if not stopping in a US port. double if you do. Ive always brought back more in my luggage and they have never once batted an eye.

I think the duty is 200 cigarettes if not stopping in a US port. double if you do. Ive always brought back more in my luggage and they have never once batted an eye.

I still can't find the information on this. In fact, even on board you won't find it anywhere. I looked on all our disembarkation paperwork from last month and just can't find it. I do know not to ask the people who work on the ship in the shops - they don't know and on one trip gave us incorrect information. I believe I read the guidelines in St. Thomas. Hmmm.:eek:

Customs allows 3 cartons from St. Thomas and one carton from all non-US ports of call. I've never had a customs officer check. I purchased 3 cartons of cigarettes, 2 summers back, on the Grand Princess and took them back to my room. New rule perhaps?

Just a word of caution....if you buy them on the islands they are a lot cheaper, but a lot of the brand names are NOT U.S. made. You can really tell the difference!

Yes you can...I bought Benson and Hedges (shorts)...wish they sold that here. They were very good.

Archived