Where to buy Bonine?

I'm from Laval (on the north shore of Montreal) in Québec, Canada.

After a quick verification, I did not see any Bonine in my local drugstore.

Anybody know if I can purchase Bonine with no doctor prescription, in New York the day I will board.

It will be my 3rd cruise but 1st from New York and I am a little concern about the rocky water of the ocean around New York.

Thank you in advance.

The generic form of Bonine is meclizine. I was able to buy it on line - about $6 (US) for 100 pills - much cheaper than over the counter. Pretty much any drugstore in NY should sell it.

You can buy bonine almost all over the U.S. in CVS, Walgreen's, Rite Aid, Wal Mart, K Mart, Target, grocery stores........... anywhere you find over the counter medications.

I'm from Laval (on the north shore of Montreal) in Québec, Canada.

After a quick verification, I did not see any Bonine in my local drugstore.

Anybody know if I can purchase Bonine with no doctor prescription, in New York the day I will board.

It will be my 3rd cruise but 1st from New York and I am a little concern about the rocky water of the ocean around New York.

Thank you in advance.

Hi there Princessmontreal or as they say in Laval-Bon Jour comme se vas?:D I'm practicing my Francais for when I make visits up your way. Have a condo up in Mt. Tremblant - so we're almost neighbors.:)

Anyway- re: Bonnie if you do not have access to any of the bricks-n-mortar stores listed above - try drugstore.com, or a CA on-line /mail pharmacy. I agree Bonnie preferable (generic fine) seems like it has less of the drowsiness side-effects. Good Luck

I get the Meclizine, it is the former prescription needed medicication, that no longer needs a prescription. It is way cheaper than Bonine, but the same ingredients. When I bought it at Walgreens, they kept it behind the pharmacy counter, so I had to ask for it.

I buy Bonine at Walgreens and Wal-Mart. I grab it off of the counter but have heard from people in other states that they have to ask the pharmacist for it. Works pretty good, but it does make me very drowsy! :rolleyes:

I've never used Bonine but I've heard from a number of people that if you take Bonine before bed each night you get the benefits, without the possible drowsy side effects.

Bonine (meclizine) is a different chemical make up than Dramamine, and so is supposed to cause less drowsiness. I think there is also a new version of Dramamine that contains meclizine. But, I agree with others, that you can buy the generic of meclizine on the internet and it is very inexpensive.

Archived