Formal nights on an Alaska cruise

Last week we booked an inside passage Alaska cruise on the Golden Princess. I absolutely love dressing up on the formal nights. I'd like to rent a tux for my hubby on this trip. My question is, do people dress up on formal nights on Alaska cruises as much as they do on other itineraries? On my recent cruise to the Mexican Riviera on the Dawn Princess I was thrilled to see so many people go all out on formal night.

Thanks in advance!

Formal nights in Alaska are like any other formal nights on Princess. You will see that the vast majority will be in tuxes and dark suits so I would rent a tux for hubby.

The two men in our party wore tuxes both nights, and certainly the majority of the men on the Diamond wore a tux or a dark suit. It was cool enough for a waist coat or formal vest as well.

Early June in Alaska was not, however, the place for a white dinner jacket.

It's my experience that people do dress up more in Alaska. I noticed on my recent Caribbean trip that people didn't so much ... and I didn't either. Just too darn hot to want to go through all that effort -- and a lot of people wore more tropical stuff, less dressy. Maybe it was just that particular cruise though.

I dress up on both itineraries:)

The heat? Its comfortable on the ship:D (In my opinion)

and I bring formal clothes whether its Alaska or the Caribbean;)

I am going to Alaska in September and plan on dressing up

on both formal nights!:)

I was out last night and saw 2 dresses...I just couldn't decide

so I left them both on the rack:rolleyes:

Was on the Coral Princess last August. The fashions ranged from very formal long gowns and dinner jackets to clothing that might be too casual for your local MacDonald's. Most couples were dressed in what I might call "Sunday Best" with the women a bit dressier.

attachment.php?attachmentid=78480&d=1210031305

A Boston Legal moment, scotch on the baloney, coming out of Ketchikan last June.

We have a 10 day down to Panama this Dec. I'll probably take the dinner jacket as well.

I agree with Lois, the ship is always cool enough for formal wear.

I think just by saying "Formal" that should say it all. Whether it's the caribbean or Alaska if it says formal then most people will dress for it:) We've been on 2 Alaska cruises and going back for our 3rd and always see people dressed formal. Even on NCL, I was pleasantly surprised on our first cruise to see so many dressed so nice:)

Have a great time, you will love it!

Happy cruising, Pam

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2140672600102338296gaHXmI?vhost=good-times

Archived