"Future Cruise Consultants" on "O"?

Bollinge

Do they have "Future Cruise Consultants" on Oceania vessels, i.e., an on-board travel agent to flog you your next voyage?

If so, do they offer any worthwhile discounts or upgrades?

NO to both

They do not have anyone to book future cruises.... you can go to the computer lab or library and book your next cruise online...no charge

I do not think they need to flog the cruises ;)

The only discount I am aware of is the $200. coupon you receive after your cruise to use on a future cruise ...needs to be booked within 45 days from the end of your previous cruise

$200. coupon you receive after your cruise to use on a future cruise

Do you know if you can use that coupon towards a cruise you have already booked, but only paid a deposit on?

We just did what you asked.

We returned from Regatta's trans-Atlantic last month, told our agent about the certificate, shee-mailed Oceania, and we received the credit for our already booked Nautica New Zealand/Australia cruise next January.

Painless!

Do you know if you can use that coupon towards a cruise you have already booked, but only paid a deposit on?

I am sure your TA can tell you for sure.

My understanding is as long as it is before final payment & within the 45 days time frame from your last cruise...yes

check with your TA ...you have to mail the coupon into Oceania before you get the credit

Just wondering. We are booked on 32 day followed by 18 day on Nautica. Can we get the credit for the 2nd segment?

No you have to wait till you complete one cruise before you get the certificate & apply it before final payment on the 2nd (I think)

But just think you will have 2 certificates to apply on the next 2 cruises!:D

Does the $200 work for B2B?

The regulations for the certificate state (I'm reading from mine) that you must book the new cruise AFTER the cruise that you get the certificate for.

If you've already booked both segments of your b2b, you would not officially qualify, but you can always ask your TA to ask for a waiver.

All that they can say is no.......

It always amazes me that people would ask that type question here instead of picking up the phone or emailing their TA..

I will be happy to answer if your TA cannot..

Jancruz1

It always amazes me that people would ask that type question here instead of picking up the phone or emailing their TA..

I will be happy to answer if your TA cannot..

Jancruz1

See, now I'm surprised that you said that.

Their agent might be a very busy person. They may have to wait for a call back. They might think it's a silly question and they'd rather ask it here somewhat anonymously. They know that there will be experienced cruisers who might know the answer. And they know that there are experienced and professional agents --like you!!!-- who do know the answers.

That's what these boards are for!

Jana

Hi Jana,

As an agent, it is my responsibility to take care of my clients. I encourage them to contact me with any questions that they may have. It doesn't matter how busy I am, I always get back to them very promptly. Service and knowledge are of utmost importance in this business~

Shari

Yes, I was under the impression that we could ask questions here because there will usually be someone willing to give an answer. This will be our first Oceania cruise and are learning new things every day on these boards.

I had not heard about the $200 credit before this post Oceania isn't forthcoming with this information in their brochures, and just thought I would ask about it here because I have always gotten excellent responses from my previous queries.

I didn't mean to offend anyone and I apologize.

I am a little surprised that a travel agent would give such a brusk response, though.

Well, we will look forward to the $400 credits on a future O cruise.

Happy Sailing,

Joanne

I had not heard about the $200 credit before this post Oceania isn't forthcoming with this information in their brochures,

Joanne

Once you complete your first cruise with Oceania you become a member of the "Oceania Club"

The certificate is sort of a perk for members if you use it for the next cruise in the time frame alloted for booking.

I guess in the brochure it come under the heading of "special offers for members" ;)

Yes, I was under the impression that we could ask questions here because there will usually be someone willing to give an answer. This will be our first Oceania cruise and are learning new things every day on these boards.

I had not heard about the $200 credit before this post Oceania isn't forthcoming with this information in their brochures, and just thought I would ask about it here because I have always gotten excellent responses from my previous queries.

I am a little surprised that a travel agent would give such a brusk response, though.

Happy Sailing,

Joanne

I am sorry if you thought I was rude in my answer..I'm always curious why certain questions that are better answered by your agent are asked here..some questions can only be answered by your agent and this happens to be one of them..it all depends on your agent is the correct answer!

Jancruz1

Happy Sailing,

Joanne

I didn't think Jan was brusque at all but I was surprised at her response. I mean, I learned a lot from the various answers to that question, and I learn a lot from a lot of the answers to questions posted here, including answers from Jan!

And of course I know that an agent --a GOOD agent-- will take whatever time is needed to respond to questions. It still might mean a wait time though...

Jana

As an agent, it is my responsibility to take care of my clients. I encourage them to contact me with any questions that they may have. It doesn't matter how busy I am, I always get back to them very promptly. Service and knowledge are of utmost importance in this business

Spoken like a true sales person and I appreciate that coming from you, Sharicruz6.

But the real truth is that not all TA's are like you. Ours, for example, knows a lot and has been very helpful to get us going. But she may not know about this web site or doesn't have the time to watch and see a lot about the questions and answers that are being passed around by us, the travelers.

So. you must agree that to ask questions here is certainly not bad if other TA's are not like you. To get good and informative answers from previous or future travelers may even help you as well.

Jan, I don't think you were brusque or rude. I agree with you, a good TA should be there to answer your questions, and find out for you if she doesn't know.

But having been on these boards for quite a few years, I've just accepted that *everything* gets asked. Usually over and over again, although I haven't seen this one before.

Jan, I don't think you were brusque or rude. I agree with you, a good TA should be there to answer your questions, and find out for you if she doesn't know.

But having been on these boards for quite a few years, I've just accepted that *everything* gets asked. Usually over and over again, although I haven't seen this one before.

Thanks Wendy, I have been on the boards a long time and the folks that have been here with me know I am happy to answer any question..however this is a relationship question..the relationship that the TA has with the cruise line and how far that TA is willing to push to help the client..thats why I answered as I did..and the truth is if the agent is not willing to answer or help, time to look elsewhere..

Have a Happy Moms day to you Moms!! (and of course Dads also)

Jancruz1

Spoken like a true sales person and I appreciate that coming from you, Sharicruz6.

But the real truth is that not all TA's are like you. Ours, for example, knows a lot and has been very helpful to get us going. But she may not know about this web site or doesn't have the time to watch and see a lot about the questions and answers that are being passed around by us, the travelers.

So. you must agree that to ask questions here is certainly not bad if other TA's are not like you. To get good and informative answers from previous or future travelers may even help you as well.

Hi Lair Bear,

You are absolutely right~ I always appreciate any information I learn from the travelers on this board...

Shari

Thanks Wendy, I have been on the boards a long time and the folks that have been here with me know I am happy to answer any question..however this is a relationship question..the relationship that the TA has with the cruise line and how far that TA is willing to push to help the client..thats why I answered as I did..and the truth is if the agent is not willing to answer or help, time to look elsewhere..

Have a Happy Moms day to you Moms!! (and of course Dads also)

Jancruz1

I was looking at the original question, sorry for the confusion!

Archived