How does the Oceania Regatta

Caroldoll

I think you are talking apples & oranges.

They are different lines & different size ships etc

I have not sailed Silverseas .....but Oceania has no formal nights it is more casual dress code but still a little dressy. No shorts & T's for dinner in the dinning rooms you may get away with it in the buffet but most people dress better for dinner.

If you have more specific questions I am sure it would be easier to answer.

The Owners Suites and Vista Suites are First Class on Oceania.

If you are used to room, great service and amenities I don't think you'll be disappointed. The only problem is they only have 10 of these and they sell out the first day of booking. We will only cruise in one of these Suites and have had problems even getting the same suite for b-b cruises booked the first morning of booking. All that said, I think you'll love these accommodations and the rest of Oceania.:)

We love Silversea, but agree that for us, it is too formal- DH would prefer to never wear another tux again. We love Oceania too. If Silversea is a 10, I would rate Oceania 8.5. On Silversea service is flawless- your wine glass is never empty, and you can't carry a plate at breakfast - a waiter will take it for you. On Oceania service is about what you would expect from a nice restaurant on land. We think food on O is almost as good as S, which is saying something.

We enjoyed the other passengers on both lines- nearly all interesting adults, not there to party- no silly games offered (although team trivia has a large following)

As Orchestrapal pointed out, the higher level cabins go quickly, and the concierge and balcony level cabins are quite a bit smaller than Silversea's, though still quite comfortable.

DW & I have sailed on Oceania and Silversea, as well as Seabourn. From our experience, the food and service on O & SS were the same, but not as good as Seabourn. Because of the formal nights and strict smoking policy, we decided that O would be the cruise line on which we exclusively sail. Right size, right age group, great food & service.

Orchestrapal is right regarding OS & VS. One must book them when the itineraries are first released. We were very lucky to secure an OS for three sailings in 2009. Looking forward to each one.

We just took Silverseas and LOVED them.

I have always loved the "R" ships for their size , but Silverseas is only about 250 passengers to about 400 crew.. hello..talk about service !!

Now, you are also talking all inclusive ( Silverseas) all bars open 24-7 no signing "chits" or gratuities..

There were no formal nights dress is like Oceania..if you want to..ok..but no tuxes

we had a blast.

say, I am a bit disappointed as to the comments about the virtual impossibility of getting the OS. I have encountered this on Crystal and yes--I wait for the day the cruises are released. I thought it would be easier on Oceania as they have more of the larger suites. I guess I will have to stick with Silverseas for what I have booked and then really get with it to get the suite I want on Oceania. Thanks for all your help.

Claudia! I'm so happy to see you!

We will finally be on Oceania at the same time, isn't that awesome? Unfortunately, we'll be on different ships and in different parts of Europe.

Guess we'll have to meet in the Valley :rolleyes:

Jana

say, I am a bit disappointed as to the comments about the virtual impossibility of getting the OS. I have encountered this on Crystal and yes--I wait for the day the cruises are released. I thought it would be easier on Oceania as they have more of the larger suites. I guess I will have to stick with Silverseas for what I have booked and then really get with it to get the suite I want on Oceania. Thanks for all your help.

Don't give up so easily on getting an owner's suite. I just took a quick look and there were a number of 2009 Oceania cruises that still had one or more owner's suites available. Hope this helps.

Dave

Don't give up on the owner's suite. We were on the April 4, Insignia Med cruise in a Penthouse. Three weeks before the cruise, we were offered Owner's suite. Possibly if you get on the wait list, it could happen. Have a great cruise--we loved Oceania.

We just took Silverseas and LOVED them.

I have always loved the "R" ships for their size , but Silverseas is only about 250 passengers to about 400 crew.. hello..talk about service !!

Now, you are also talking all inclusive ( Silverseas) all bars open 24-7 no signing "chits" or gratuities..

There were no formal nights dress is like Oceania..if you want to..ok..but no tuxes

we had a blast.

Claudia,

I'm puzzled. Your description of your ship having about 250 passengers to about 400 crew doesn't match any Silversea ship I know of. What ship were you on? Maybe service was so good, it seemed like there were 400 crew members onboard. :D Also, I've never seen a Silversea cruise where the "dress is like Oceania." Usually, they have many more formal and informal nights than casual nights. Was your cruise a special charter?

Dave

Claudia,

I'm puzzled. Your description of your ship having about 250 passengers to about 400 crew doesn't match any Silversea ship I know of. What ship were you on? Maybe service was so good, it seemed like there were 400 crew members onboard. :D Also, I've never seen a Silversea cruise where the "dress is like Oceania." Usually, they have many more formal and informal nights than casual nights. Was your cruise a special charter?

Dave

Many people dream. :)

I am new to the these boards but not to CC or cruising.

We are looking into sailing in an owners suite and would love

to hear which deck you veterans would reccomend. I usually

would choose the higher one but as I am not familiar with the

Regatta, I don't know what factors come into play.

Also, we are in our med 60"s, am I correct that passengers will

be more or less in the older age groups ?

Thanks for any light you can shed

Was in an Owner's suite on Regatta in March and was in a Medallion suite on Silver Whisper 2 years ago. The OS is in the rear of the ship. We were on deck 6 (lowest level of suites). Room was beautiful but at speed (16knts and faster), it was noisey and had some level of vibration. It was annoying to me. I would have opted for the 8th floor knowing what I know now. It also doesn't have a closing door between the bedroom and the sitting area, which the Medallion and/or Silver Suite on the SW does have. The nicer suites on SW were in the middle of the ship too. I like not having to pay for drinks on SW but liked the food better on Regatta. They were similar experiences overall.

Mark

Archived