Pink, Yellow, and Blue Cupcakes with Sprinkles

ilovhywd

I knew I'd get your attention!!

Well, I was in my favorite store yesterday after work (Chico's), and I was looking for some new, cool summer tops, as it's getting hot here in Florida and I have a 4-day cruise starting on Sunday for Mother's Day. So I'm trying on the tops and thinking how much better they would look if I could get rid of some belly and some hips.

I walked out of the dressing room to look for additional items to try on, and lo and behold they had set up a table with mini cupcakes with pink, yellow, and blue icing with sprinkles. WELL! I automatically went over to take one (or two or three) and then I stopped in my tracks! How could I be desiring CUPCAKES! after looking so critically at my shape 30 seconds before! I think most of you could identify with these two strong, opposing thoughts.

So for maybe the first time in a long while, I mustered up the willpower to walk away. I felt bad about missing out on the cupcakes for a few minutes and then the feeling went away. I laughingly told the saleslady that this food table was very counter-productive to what we're trying to accomplish by shopping in this store.

I've been reading some of the tips on this thread and have gotten some very good ideas. Thank you for all of your tips and for letting me share this story!

Ilene

congratulations on stepping away from the cupcakes. It can be so difficult to do.

I'll have to remember your story the next time I want to go to the bakery next door to where I work ... this week they had a sale on baklava!! Jan

I know what you mean. Our unit had a carry in contest. One day was appetizers, one day was main course and today was dessert. I missed the first two days, but today there was a table full of yummy deserts. I did take one bite of one of the deserts but that was it. Thank goodness I had my WW cookie or I might have been really in trouble! Of coarse later in the afternoon I was rummaging through the drawer full of duck sauce and salt and pepper trying to find a cracker or something! I just keep asking myself if the food is worth the fat, and keep my mind on my goal.

If it makes you feel ANY better, look at it like this...

Those cupcakes were most likely store bought, dry and flavorless! That's what I do when I see something like that!

Archived