Parking -Charleston

larstick

Need up date for parking in Charleston cruise port. What is the cost ? And is there a less expensive option available near by?

There are lots of city garages around the pier but I doubt they are any cheaper.

When we cruised out of Charleston, we stayed at the Spring Hill Suites. They let us leave our car there - covered parking - at no charge. We paid $89 per night which works out cheaper than port parking. We took a hotel suggested shuttle to the port for about $10 per person. The hotel was great. We stayed an extra night when we returned and they let us check in at 10 AM.

Need up date for parking in Charleston cruise port. What is the cost ? And is there a less expensive option available near by?

I personally would just park at the pier... IMHO it's much better to have your car when you get off the ship. There are several places that will let you leave your car... just stay away from North Charleston unless near the Convention Center.

There is a thread here that starts with "I live in Charleston that has a lot of good info.

carnival says to board the ship on may 26th starting at 7pm. whats the earliest that we can board. i wanna get settled and eat supper on the ship.

I'm not sure about the time... most likely you can count on getting aboard at least an hour before that time... at least every port I have left from it seems so.

You don't leave port til 10 pm.... heck why not have a real lowcountry meal before getting on. Lots of good food downtown and it is right in the middle of Spoleto so everyone is on there best behavior - lol!

Archived