Spirit in Venice June 7th

dalliowner

Has anybody joining this cruise heard from Seabourn what berth the Spirit will dock at ? Looking at the Italian port website it states Berth 25 San Basilio but have not had confirmation from Seabourn:D

Has anybody joining this cruise heard from Seabourn what berth the Spirit will dock at ? Looking at the Italian port website it states Berth 25 San Basilio but have not had confirmation from Seabourn:D

that is where it always is. easy for transfers from airport, station or down town.:D

Hate to tell you, but last year the Spirit was not able to dock in San Basilio every time. On July 14, it docked at the commercial port at Porto Marghera. Needless to say, shuttle buses were provided all day to the Piazzale Roma vaporetto station. I know, I was on board.

So don't say "always." Check the specifics for your cruise.

Hate to tell you, but last year the Spirit was not able to dock in San Basilio every time. On July 14, it docked at the commercial port at Porto Marghera. Needless to say, shuttle buses were provided all day to the Piazzale Roma vaporetto station. I know, I was on board.

So don't say "always." Check the specifics for your cruise.

That was only because of the carnival.

That was only because of the carnival.

No, it wasn't. Last year the carnival was in March (always the days before Ash Wednesday - remember Mardi Gras).

On July 14, it was a convergence of the Biennale d'Arte and the festival of the Redemer in la Giudecca (held the third Sunday of July and the couple of days preceding). For that festival, they tie pontoon boats across the Canale de la Giudecca, from Dorsoduro to the Church of the Redemer and you can actually walk across from one side to the other. There are exhibits, fairs, fireworks, etc for a couple of days.

The pontoon boats also block some of the access to San Basilio. While SB might be able to secure San Basilio 99% of the time, don't assume it will on the cruise you are on. If space or access is limited, the big boats (mooring fees are according to tonnage) might get the spots. So, as I said, don't say "always."

Archived