Mercury - Just back from Alaska

Iggipolka

Ok..let's see here:

We did have rough seas several times during the sailing. From San Francisco all the way up to the Inside Passage, the seas were noticeable. They were calm when we were sailing the inside passage and only got rough again when we sailed from Sitka to Vancouver.

Neither of us saw the acupuncturist because we have a wonderful one at home. It was $50 a visit, which is completely reasonable.

There is a hair dryer in the T-pool locker room as well as shampoo in the showers there. There are two showers in the locker room, neither of them all that fantastic. One of them just dribbled water, the other one I never could get warm enough. I like a really hot shower, so you may have a different experience.

The T-pool was easy to get to from our stateroom and it didn't feel like we were walking from one end of the ship to the other. It was a quick walk down the deck 12 stateroom hallway, down one flight of stairs, across the pool area and into the spa. Maybe a 2 minute walk. We loved it being on Deck 12 and found it convenient to the buffet area, the pool and the spa.

:D

I have written a review and submitted it to CC. Once it is posted, I'll let you know. I don't have the menu's, so I cannot scan a copy of them for you. However, I can tell you that the food was excellent.

Hi iggi:D I can't wait to read it!

Are you going to post over on the fashion forum? I think some

of the gals want to know about "The Dress":)

Thanks Iggy,

Everything sounds good except rough seas and what can you do about that? ha How did your husband win a free treatment? Or maybe that was someone else's review. Sorry.

What food was really memorable? I am a real foodie. On previous trips I've asked for old menus and my room stewards got them for me (my son was in culinary school and I wanted him to see them). I'm interested to know any new plates.

Did you have first or second dinner seating? I think at this point I'll have to take what they give me. I've enjoyed second seating more on other cruises, but our port times are so early and so short that I'm leaning toward early seating. I want to do the formal tea even if it spoils my dinner.

Thanks again.

Iggi, what a wonderful review:) thanks for all the details!

Glad you both had such a fantastic time:D

Who was your wait staff? Waiter, Asst, and Maitr'd?

Do you recall?

By chance, do you know if Juro was on board? (he is a bartender)

from Croatia. He usually works in Cova or the Martini Bar.

Iggi, what a wonderful review:) thanks for all the details!

Glad you both had such a fantastic time:D

Who was your wait staff? Waiter, Asst, and Maitr'd?

Do you recall?

By chance, do you know if Juro was on board? (he is a bartender)

from Croatia. He usually works in Cova or the Martini Bar.

We did have an absolutely fantastic time. I was trying to remember the names of our wait staff and I just can't! They were all wonderful. We had the cutest young Asst Waiter. He was just adorable.

Juro was working in the Cova and was super nice. He made the best lattes and after I got one the first day, every time he saw me he would ask me if I wanted one! It got to the point where he saw me enter the Cova and nearly yell across the room "Hi Miss! Would you like a latte?" *giggle*

Archived