hope i didn't make a mistake....

i've been nagging my husband to go on another cruise instead of doing a land vacation and he finally agreed to do one more cruise. so i've been reading about the big one day sale for may 13th. today i had an e-mail, not from rccl but it had all the same info about the sale and had numerous sail dates listed, and stated if i called today i could go on a prioity waitlist by giving the details of the cruise i was interested in which i did right away. i ended up being called right back and everything happened so fast and i was so excited and before you knew it i gave my credit card number over for the deposit and was booked on the november 2009 sailing of the explorer out of cape liberty, nj. the perks were $200 on board credit, pre-paid grats., and half the deposit due now. all of it sounded on the up and up to me until i received my e-mail detailing the rules and regulations and the one that set my ever cautious husband off was the line that stated that the trip was to be paid in full on or before sept. 11, 2008, 14 months before the cruise. i don't know if this was a typo or what. i called back and the recording said business hours were over which totally got my husband going. i hope i did the right thing by booking this trip. right now i'm not feeling all that excited anymore.

I just checked the Royal website and there is no indication that the cruise would have to be paid in full that far in advance . I would be shocked if that was not a mistake and if it is not , I would challenge that charge with my credit card company .

i've been nagging my husband to go on another cruise instead of doing a land vacation and he finally agreed to do one more cruise. so i've been reading about the big one day sale for may 13th. today i had an e-mail, not from rccl but it had all the same info about the sale and had numerous sail dates listed, and stated if i called today i could go on a prioity waitlist by giving the details of the cruise i was interested in which i did right away. i ended up being called right back and everything happened so fast and i was so excited and before you knew it i gave my credit card number over for the deposit and was booked on the november 2009 sailing of the explorer out of cape liberty, nj. the perks were $200 on board credit, pre-paid grats., and half the deposit due now. all of it sounded on the up and up to me until i received my e-mail detailing the rules and regulations and the one that set my ever cautious husband off was the line that stated that the trip was to be paid in full on or before sept. 11, 2008, 14 months before the cruise. i don't know if this was a typo or what. i called back and the recording said business hours were over which totally got my husband going. i hope i did the right thing by booking this trip. right now i'm not feeling all that excited anymore.

Were the terms and conditions spelled out in the email. I would call them ASAP and find out what's up with that.

A November 29th cruise for 2009........final payment would be September 11, 2009........it was a typo for sure, nothing to worry about, just call in the morning to clear it up.

Jimbo:)

You'd better call RCI asap, and make sure this is legit. Here is what was in their e-mail:

The One Day WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit Offer .......... All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on May 13, 2008 by 11:59 p.m. Local Time to qualify for the promotion.

If they specifically state the booking and deposit must be made/paid on 5/13, sounds strange that they would allow it today. Was the deposit seem to be half of what a normal deposit would be?

Hope the prior posters are right about the typo.

ocean waves -

Let us know how things turn out. Although, I am sure it will all be okay in the end, I completely understand your anxiety !!

Jackie

October 25, 2009 Freedom of the Seas (Halloween Cruise !!!)

You'd better call RCI asap, and make sure this is legit. Here is what was in their e-mail:

The One Day WOW Sale Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit Offer .......... All bookings must be made and the required deposit must be paid on May 13, 2008 by 11:59 p.m. Local Time to qualify for the promotion.

If they specifically state the booking and deposit must be made/paid on 5/13, sounds strange that they would allow it today. Was the deposit seem to be half of what a normal deposit would be?

Hope the prior posters are right about the typo.

I'd agree with most that the year was likely a typo, but as Crosboro said, It does seem very strange that you were able to book today ahead of the sale getting the sale perks and benefits.

Did you get an actual booking number? If not, perhaps tomorrow you will hear more details from them. Even so, I'd call and bug them first thing to make sure the booking is legit etc...then go to the RCCL site with the booking number to be sure it is really there and for the dates and cabin you requested/expected. Better to find out tomorrow morning if there are issues than to not know for a while.

Best of luck on getting it all in line and then you can just enjoy your cruise.

It's probably just a typo but there is a 11/30/08 12 night also and Sept 11. 08 final pmt would make sense for that but not for the one in 2009.

Based on your comment "not from rccl", did you book with a TA or direct? It sounds to me as though you went through a TA who was advertising the WOW sale in advance. Your reference to the pre-paid gratuities also tells me you went through a TA and not direct. If this is the case, the rules will be what the TA established for the sale, not necessarily what RCL will do with direct bookings.

I hope that it was just a typo as other posts have said but the notations in your original post really makes me wonder. Good luck!!

The email the OP received was NOT from RCI, so they may not discuss the booking with her.

Oveanwaves, I hope it is a typo, but call first thing in the morning and if it is not a typo, cancel your booking, hopefully there is no fee for canceling. Then call RCI and book directly with them. At some later date you can alays transfer it to a Travel Agent, but you do not have to do that if you do now want to.

Good Luck,

Annieeee

thanks for all the replys. i called first thing this morning and yes it was a typo, final payment is going to be sept. 11th, 2009, whew!!!! i was pretty worried about that. i also called rccl to make sure everything was on the up and up and they said it was. i did go thru another travel agent who must have been able to do the sale the day before but my deposit wasn't posted until today. i even ended up with a hump cabin. i'm excited now but 18 months is a long time to wait to go.:eek: oh well that doen't matter so much because at least i'm going!

Archived