Passport city of issuance????

gfsmith

Some passports have the issuing city listed and some say US Dept. of State. Mine says New Orleans, LA and my sister's says U.S. Dept. of State. See what's on yours and just list like it's shown.

I forgot what to put here on my funpass someone please remind me thanks in advance.

Look on the envelope, where it was mailed from. I do not think it is listed on your Passport at least it was not on mine.

Have a wonderful cruise

Look on the envelope, where it was mailed from. I do not think it is listed on your Passport at least it was not on mine.

Have a wonderful cruise

As mentioned above, if no city is listed putting US Dep of St is good enough for the fun pass.

I doubt most people keep the envelope.

As mentioned above, if no city is listed putting US Dep of St is good enough for the fun pass.

I doubt most people keep the envelope.

Isn't that odd, if US Dep of St is good enough then why does Carnival even ask that question? Wait, do not even bother to answer that LOL.

As far a saving the envelope, I did but then I filled out my Funpass the day I received my Passport, very lame, yes I know.

If it doesn't have city of issuance, it will have something that says authority. Below that will be something like National Passport Center, or US Dept of State, or Miami Passport Agency. Just enter that.

It used to be that you could complete the funpass and leave the entire passport page blank. Not sure if that's changed or not, but I've done it several times. I don't think it matters because they're gonna look at your passport anyways when you check in.

I forgot what to put here on my funpass someone please remind me thanks in advance.

There was nothing on my passport as to city of ussuance. I called CCL before finishing my Funpass and they told me to just put Department of State. We;ve already sailed after that so it wasn't an issue.

I am glad I am not the only one that wondered about this. I debated what to put, Charleston, SC where the post mark was from, Trenton, Florida where I applied or Department of State which is the only thing I could find on the passport. I finally decided to put Department of State and after talking to my PVP, I chose the right one. I guess they have so many processing places now that Department of State covers all of them this way. Just glad I finally have a passport!

Put the city of issuance!

Within the past two or three years passports have changed. The issuing authority used to specify a city, now they all simply say US Department of State. This is what causes the confusion.

If your passport has a city put it down, if it doesn't put down US Dept. of State.

Having been hassled by the TSA (but not the Border Patrol) if your passport is older and still has the city, sometimes they won't recognize it. Word of advice, if you have one of those older passports (mine expires Feb 2009) don't show it to the TSA at the airport unless you want to be strip searched.

Having been hassled by the TSA (but not the Border Patrol) if your passport is older and still has the city, sometimes they won't recognize it. Word of advice, if you have one of those older passports (mine expires Feb 2009) don't show it to the TSA at the airport unless you want to be strip searched.

You don't really mean this do you?

TSA is not going to strip search you or even search you at all because of a valid US passport. If you are searched by TSA you can rest assured that it had nothing to do with a valid US passport.

You don't really mean this do you?

TSA is not going to strip search you or even search you at all because of a valid US passport. If you are searched by TSA you can rest assured that it had nothing to do with a valid US passport.

I really do mean this, TSA pulled me aside because my passport looked a bit different because it was issued at a consulate. If I would not have been able to produce two other forms of valid government issued ID, they were going to strip search me. This was on May 3 at the Salt Lake International airport. I'm just glad I had my DL handy.

I really do mean this, TSA pulled me aside because my passport looked a bit different because it was issued at a consulate. If I would not have been able to produce two other forms of valid government issued ID, they were going to strip search me. This was on May 3 at the Salt Lake International airport. I'm just glad I had my DL handy.

Ok, I'm not going to debate that you were pulled aside simply because your passport "looked a bit different," as I was not there, but I will say that I disagree with your advice to not ever show your older passport to the TSA. I have an older one with a city of issuance on it and I use it all the time as ID to fly and I have never once been questioned over it, much less have I ever been asked for additional ID at peril of a strip search. In the last year, I've flown multiple times per week, so I do not believe your experience is common enough to justify telling people to "never show their older passport to the TSA." Secondly, as I fly occasionally to foreign countries which require a passport, I wouldn't be able to take your advice if I wanted to because I'm always asked for it several times before boarding.

Lastly, how many people even have 2 other forms of valid gov't issued ID on them? I have a driver's license, but not an additional piece of ID. If what you are saying is common, there would be lines of people being strip searched at every check point.

Ok, I'm not going to debate that you were pulled aside simply because your passport "looked a bit different," as I was not there, but I will say that I disagree with your advice to not ever show your older passport to the TSA. I have an older one with a city of issuance on it and I use it all the time as ID to fly and I have never once been questioned over it, much less have I ever been asked for additional ID at peril of a strip search. In the last year, I've flown multiple times per week, so I do not believe your experience is common enough to justify telling people to "never show their older passport to the TSA." Secondly, as I fly occasionally to foreign countries which require a passport, I wouldn't be able to take your advice if I wanted to because I'm always asked for it several times before boarding.

Lastly, how many people even have 2 other forms of valid gov't issued ID on them? I have a driver's license, but not an additional piece of ID. If what you are saying is common, there would be lines of people being strip searched at every check point.

I'm not saying it's common, all I am saying is that's what happened to me.

Archived