Son would like to take a friend!

Pugs

I have two cabin, my two son's were to be in one, however older son can not make it, by the way my cabins are side by side. Son would like to take a friend. Both are 16 , now what do I need , friends passport, and what? I need to also change the name. How hard is all of this? What does friends mom need to give me as far as docs. ?

First of all, bless you! I don't think I could take on the responsibility for another kid in foreign ports. No matter how good they are. Our kids beg everytime, but I am just a nervous nellie about that. You will need a notarized letter of consent for child to travel with you, Passport OR Birth certificate, and a notarized letter authorizing you to sign for medical care for their child in their absence.

There have been a few posts on this in the past months... seems to me I remember reading that you have to have a notarized statement signed by both parents that he has permission, plus a passport/birth certificate... I'm sure the Carnival people could tell you... many people do this, so it can't be that hard! Plus the $50 name change fee, of course.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Yest it can be done! We just went through this same problem... All you need is to call your TA or PVP they will charge you the 50 bucks, and other than that our TA said all we need was a notarized letter from the friends parents giving us permission to take him on the cruise and out of the country. Hope that helps

You need a notorized letter from the parents allowing their child to travel with you. We are also taking one of my sons good friends with us also and that is what they told me when I booked the cruise and questioned what I needed to have. Both the boys are 14.

Do I keep these letters with me or turn them in to Carnival, is this letters I get from some where or does the mom and dad write them . Is it some form letter you get from Carnival?

You can make the letters yourself, and you keep them with you. The medical one is a precaution just in case. Not required, But I would want you to have it if you had my kid. You will show them the Parental consent and then keep it. It just needs to say they give permission for their kid to go, then list all the places visiting and ship sailing on.

You can make the letters yourself, and you keep them with you. The medical one is a precaution just in case. Not required, But I would want you to have it if you had my kid. You will show them the Parental consent and then keep it. It just needs to say they give permission for their kid to go, then list all the places visiting and ship sailing on.

Yes I would want to have that medical one for sure, I will add him to the insurance also. Places visiting, I didn't think of that.

Thank you.

Thanks to all of you, you have put my mine at ease.

I have two cabin, my two son's were to be in one, however older son can not make it, by the way my cabins are side by side. Son would like to take a friend. Both are 16 , now what do I need , friends passport, and what? I need to also change the name. How hard is all of this? What does friends mom need to give me as far as docs. ?

How long til you sail? No charge to change names if you are outside the penalty period.

You will probably have to book the friend and one parent in one room and son and other parent in the other room. That's just for "booking purposes", they won't care if you switch once on board.

Also, don't forget about on board charges. Since he's too young to have a credit card, he'll either need cash for his account or be linked to yours.

Birth cert and state issued photo id for anyone 16 or over (of course passport would be great). As for parent letter, Carnival has one they can email you.

I am not really worried about these boys getting into trouble, I know boys will be boys, kids will be kids. I am a teacher I see this everyday, my son and is friend are both into baseball and sports,oh yea they like girls and talk about pretty girls, the norm boy stuff, they both know better, they have a good head !!!!

I was more worried about what I need to do as fars as docs and legal forms?

I will keep my eye on these two, you can count on that!

Pugs - There are certain things you will need to be aware of before you cruise. We just came back from the Glory with my DW's friend.

First of all, yes, the passport is and will be the most important.

We also received a letter from CCL with a form we had to complete and have signed by us and her parents because she had a different last name. This was basically stating that we did have custody of her and we were responsible for her actions onboard.

As a precautionary thing we also had a letter drawn up, by me which was advised by a legal representive that she was in our custody and we were responsible for her for any medical issues that arise and that we were her guardians and could make medical decisions in the instance where her parents could not be reached. This paper was also notorized to make sure it was a legal document and no questions could be asked if this situation could arise. I am very very cautious about this type of stuff, maybe too much but I would rather have it then not.

You also want to make sure you have a copy of her medical insurance card just in case.

If you would like to see a copy of what i had drawn up, post it here and we can make arrangements to have that sent to you via e-mail

Pugs - There are certain things you will need to be aware of before you cruise. We just came back from the Glory with my DW's friend.

We also received a letter from CCL with a form we had to complete and have signed by us and her parents because she had a different last name. This was basically stating that we did have custody of her and we were responsible for her actions onboard.

As a precautionary thing we also had a letter drawn up, by me which was advised by a legal representive that she was in our custody and we were responsible for her for any medical issues that arise and that we were her guardians and could make medical decisions in the instance where her parents could not be reached. This paper was also notorized to make sure it was a legal document and no questions could be asked if this situation could arise. I am very very cautious about this type of stuff, maybe too much but I would rather have it then not.

You also want to make sure you have a copy of her medical insurance card just in case.

If you would like to see a copy of what i had drawn up, post it here and we can make arrangements to have that sent to you via e-mail

Of course we have no idea if the friend has a pasport, but he does not need one. Certified birth cert and state issued photo id will do just fine. Passport would be better in case of out of country emergency, but is not mandatory to sail.

Of course we have no idea if the friend has a pasport, but he does not need one. Certified birth cert and state issued photo id will do just fine. Passport would be better in case of out of country emergency, but is not mandatory to sail.

Jason - It may not be a bad idea for him to get one. They have a real quick turn-a-around now on them after you apply.

I personally would feel better if I took someone and they had it.

I am not really worried about these boys getting into trouble, I know boys will be boys, kids will be kids. I am a teacher I see this everyday, my son and is friend are both into baseball and sports,oh yea they like girls and talk about pretty girls, the norm boy stuff, they both know better, they have a good head !!!!

I was more worried about what I need to do as fars as docs and legal forms?

I will keep my eye on these two, you can count on that!

Pugs, you need a notarize, consent letter from the parents. (I've done this twice. I have never been asked for it) Better safe than sorry.

Health insurance information.

Relax, and have fun!

SO... after getting all the requisite documents, permissions, paperwork..... look at the responsibility you are taking on.

You will be responsible for all aspects of this child and his actions can and will directly affect you and your family. We do not know how well you know this 16 yr old..... but make sure you do and have agreements with the parents for who is responsible for any emergencies, problems, misbehavior..... etc.

It is a lot of responsibility and I know I would think long and hard .... and make sure all bases are covered before accepting it.

Good luck... have a great trip. :)

Yest it can be done! We just went through this same problem... All you need is to call your TA or PVP they will charge you the 50 bucks, and other than that our TA said all we need was a notarized letter from the friends parents giving us permission to take him on the cruise and out of the country. Hope that helps

Also get a medical power of attorney so that you can consent to any medical care that might be needed, such as sewing up a cut lip.

I would love to see a copy, please e-mail it to me, click on Pugs, and you will have my e-mail address..

Of course you can black out the names if you would like. Thank you very much.

I will be taking 2 of my daughters friends in July. This is the letter I am using, I tried to post the link but it would not let me so I copied and pasted. I am going to make a few changes to it but it gives me an idea of what I need.

CONSENT FOR MINOR CHILDREN TO TRAVEL

Date:_____________________

I (we):______________________________________________________________

authorize my/our minor child(ren):___________________________________________

to travel to:_________________________________ on:_________________________

aboard Airline/Flight Number:________________________________________

and/or Cruise Ship:_____________________________________________ with:

____________________________________________________________. Their expected

date of return is _______________________.

In addition, I (we) authorize:______________________________________ to consent

to any necessary routine or emergency medical treatment during the aforementioned trip.

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Signed:_________________________________ (Parent)

Address:________________________________________

Telephone:______________________________________

Sworn to and signed before me, a Notary Public,

this _______ day of _______________, 20____

Notary Public Signature and Seal

I would love to see a copy, please e-mail it to me, click on Pugs, and you will have my e-mail address..

Of course you can black out the names if you would like. Thank you very much.

Pugs - its' on it's way. The subject will say

"PUGS -CC Member - LETTER of Guardianship"

Give me a few minutes.

EDITED - PUGS, you should have it!!!!!

Archived