Laundry on Azamara Journey

bocaraton

Yes, there are actually several laundramats on the Journey. They are actually nice places with several machines, ironing boards, and even flat screen TVs (a great touch). I cannot remember exactly how many they have throughout the ship but I am sure somebody can add this detail. One thing we did like about the Azamara laundry rooms was that the dryers really did work and dried our load in one shot. On a recent Grand Princess cruise the darn dryers took 2 or 3 cycles to dry many loads, and since they had an equal number of dryers and washers this resulted in constant dryer shortages (bet you didn't know that guys understood this stuff).

Hank

The gym is free if you just want to use the machines and equipment. But if you want a trainer to work with you, there are charges. They also hold classes in the gym on a daily basis, and I think there is a fee for some of them, but since I didn't take any classes I can't be certain. I did use the treadmill and recumbant bike, though, without charge.

The thelassotherapy pool is not free, and you have to make arrangements at the spa to use it. You can buy a pass for a day or for the full length of the cruise. They will also give you complimentary use of the T-pool with the purchase of another spa service....so if you get a massage, after the massage you may go out to the pool area that day only.

If you are interested in a spa pass for the entire cruise, you should stop in at the spa right after you board. They sell a limited number of passes, and sometimes they go fast.

Yes, there are actually several laundramats on the Journey. They are actually nice places with several machines, ironing boards, and even flat screen TVs (a great touch). I cannot remember exactly how many they have throughout the ship but I am sure somebody can add this detail. One thing we did like about the Azamara laundry rooms was that the dryers really did work and dried our load in one shot. On a recent Grand Princess cruise the darn dryers took 2 or 3 cycles to dry many loads, and since they had an equal number of dryers and washers this resulted in constant dryer shortages (bet you didn't know that guys understood this stuff).

Hank

Plus the dryers are free....My DH does all our laundry as stairs are difficult for me and our washer is in the basement so I know guys understand laundry, he had a good time in the laundry room chatting with other passengers!

I remember shoving a stack of quarters into both washer and dryer.

The washers are equipped with automatic detergent dispensers. You simply have to push a button--as described in the instructions. Of course, the instructions on on the inside of the lid, which covers the button you are looking for. And then, you have to make sure the dispensor is full.

We sailed on the Quest 11/07 and used the self-laundry room. It is not free. Wash is $2.00 I believe but the dryers don't require quarters to operate. Soap is included in the wash by pressing the dispenser button. It's located in the same spot as the Journey. They are sister ships. Happy Sailing!

Archived