Review of Legend - Portugal to Monte Carlo

Proper Lady

As already stated by Bearparents, the first week of the Legend had a few mishaps that were handled so well that it is our opinion that most new guests went right ahead and booked another cruise! The cruise also had rainy weather for most of the two weeks and still at the end of the day, you came off wishing it was just starting again. We had never been on the Legend and the staff we met (and there were so many, many wonderful people), are so totally professional and personable and really try to accommodate any and all needs. The shows of Marla Sanders and Eric De Gray were just so entertaining and they each go out of their way to get to know the guests on a personal level. Wilhelm Steinbrunner, the hotel manager makes you laugh and is full of energy and enthusiasm - Einar Westad, the staff captain with his dry wit and kind manner, Nadia Meersman, Kerstin Tashchke, Daniel, Kevin, Andrea, Bogdun, Ryan, S.abestian, on and on and on - the staff on Seabourn makes the ship what it is Service, service and more service. If there could be any improvement it would be for us anyway, that the tours be upgraded quite a bit. Yes, you can surely hire your own guide and indeed, many do this, but some tours are absolutely the best you can imagine and others, well, they leave a lot to be desired. Also, I wish the gym had an eliptical trainer or two in there, but that is just a personal wish and the new spa/gym promises to be over the top in that regard and we just hope they will put a few more modern things in the existing gyms. Food was as you would expect on this ship and we had all dinners in the dining room since we enjoy being there after breakfast and most lunches in the Verandah. Attended ll hosted dinners and 4 on our own. These are lively, (mostly) events and you get to meet people from all over the world, The first week, there were 35 couples from South Africa, many of whom were repeat guests of Seabourn. Dress was all over the place, and far too much is made of this, each group does their own interpretation of what they deem appropriate, and somehow it all works. Wear what you like and just enjoy yourself. We were off the ship in Monte Carlo by 8:l5 and can only say that when things go wrong (and they do) at a hotel, i.e., your room is not ready, not available, etc., most top-rated hotels will NOT go to the lengths to which Seabourn did and does to make it right. They really know how to please their guests. Rene'

Glad you had such a good cruise Proper Lady and I suppose it was fortunate that I wasnt onboard, as I seem to "attract" mishaps! :o Well only to myself really........we had Wilhelm Steinbrunner as our Hot Man on the Pride and I agree he is wonderful......hope he goes back to the Pride for our next cruise! The Crew has to be the best part of Seabourn....I cant comment at all on the gym equipment.....have never even ~glanced~ inside that place! ;)

Actually, for the size of the ship, the gyms are really very well-equipped. About 10 or so years ago, they used to allot half of the space to create an aerobics area, which basically went empty and unused. A few years ago, after a major dry dock, the aerobics area was gone, replaced by gym equipment. This was a very welcome change, and puts the triplets' gyms at the top of the list for comparable ships, considering their small size.

Archived