restaurants

LEJ

For those who have been on previous Insignia cruises, which restaurants did you like best? How was the room service selection? (Thinking about using room service on busy mornings.)

We returned from a cruise in April on the Insignia. The food was very good. I preferred Polo of the two speciality restaurants. I had a filet one night and it was excellent. The second night, I had prime rib and it was very good also. At Toscana, I had veal one night and it was probably close to the best I had ever had. Loved everything about it. Waves grill hamburgers were excellent. Hard to resist. The Pepin recipe free range chicken in the main dinning room was my personal favorite. I had it twice. We thought Oceania's food was much better than we expected. If you can't find something you like, you really are picky. Also, at breakfast, great fresh fruit, cooked to order omelets. Also, I am a picky coffee drinker and the coffee was very good.

Food is so subjective

What I may like you might not . ..let's just say you will not go hungry unless you choose to.

The service in all the dining venues were very good.

I have never tried the room service menu so cannot comment on that but dining room from breakfast seems less busy that the Terrace

My favourite was the Lamb in Polo!

LEJ-

Did you know that the Menu's (a sample one for the Grand Dining Room and the actual menu's for the specialty restaurants where the menu is static) are posted on the Oceania web sight? WWW.Oceaniacruises.com

That should give you a far better barometer of which restaurant you will prefer than anything we can offer.

We're always hesitant to discuss the Room Service on Oceania, as it is very limited, unless you have booked a suite.

Wherever you choose to breakfast, however, do try the Baby Lamb Chops. They are always on the breakfast menu (both in the Buffet and the GDR). You will find them succulent and delicious.......particularly with the stewed figs ;-)

It is not your usual breakfast fare, but try it, you're on vacation!

Have a Wonderful Cruise!

Stan & Jim

If you are in Category A and below, your Room Service breakfast is limited to a Continental Style breakfast; i.e. juice, coffee or tea, pastries, fruit, etc. You put the hang card in the slot on your door before going to bed with the time you want delivery. The Room Service folks call you when they are ready to deliver and the food arrives on time. (The call is a good extra wake-up call.)

If you are above Category A, I imagine you have a more extensive Room Service Breakfast menu.

Room Service for lunch and dinner is decent. We especially liked the French Onion Soup, Club Sandwich and Cheesecake.

Archived