Carnival Dining Times

mcaron

Admittingly, I have not cruised Carnival very often, However if my Memory serves me correctly I was always able to get Confirmed Dining Times and request a Table size. Currently Booked for the Imagination in Sept, Just received my Confirmation in the mail for Cabins I booked back in February and it states " Dining on Request: 8:00 PM "...........I called Carnival about confirmed dining times and the agent told me that they Have never Confirmed Dining......I will Know what time I dine upon embarkation...and that they do not take table size requests.

Can anyone advise if this is in fact the policy or should I try another way to get my Dining time and table size request confirmed.

Thanks for your help.

As.

Can anyone advise if this is in fact the policy or should I try another way to get my Dining time and table size request confirmed.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, its the Policy.

Dining preferences (time, companions) may be requested at time of booking. No requests are guaranteed. By popular request, all our Dining Rooms are now Smoke-Free. Your table assignment will be confirmed at embarkation. Dining times are subject to change:

Main Seating

Breakfast (at Sea)* 7:45 AM

Lunch Noon

Dinner** 6:00 PM

Late Seating

Breakfast (at Sea)* 9:00 AM

Lunch 1:30 PM

Dinner** 8:15 PM

You can also enjoy a continental breakfast in your stateroom until 10:00 AM or a limited breakfast menu on deck. Lunch and dinner are also available bistro-style on the Lido Deck. Spirit-class and Conquest-class ships, as well as the Carnival Splendor, have the added convenience of a reservations-only supper club (nominal fee will apply).

*Breakfast times vary by ship; these times are provided as a general guideline. Please check your daily Capers for exact times.

**We will be transitioning from four sittings (5:45, 6:15, 8:00 or 8:30 PM) to two sittings (6:00 or 8:15 PM) for dinner fleet-wide by Summer 2008. Dining time will be confirmed at embarkation.

Admittingly, I have not cruised Carnival very often, However if my Memory serves me correctly I was always able to get Confirmed Dining Times and request a Table size. Currently Booked for the Imagination in Sept, Just received my Confirmation in the mail for Cabins I booked back in February and it states " Dining on Request: 8:00 PM "...........I called Carnival about confirmed dining times and the agent told me that they Have never Confirmed Dining......I will Know what time I dine upon embarkation...and that they do not take table size requests.

Thanks for your help.

I have never had them tell me they dont take table size requests. We always request a certain size. That is a new one for me. As for the time - I have been on request before and it alwways worked itself out.

Dining requests are taken, but not guaranteed. The only people who are guaranteed requested dining times are Platinum cruisers (10 or more cruises.). I'm not sure if they're also guaranteed the requested table size.

If you don't get the dining time and/or table size you requested, please see the Maitre' De on the day of embarkation. They will try to accomodate you then. When you get on the ship, look at the Capers. It will tell you what time and which dining room to go to for changes.

table size is requested by small, medium or large.

smll is 2-4 med is 4-6 large is 6-8 (10)

as for dining its usually early 5:45 o 6:15 or late 8:00 or 8:30 reall depending on where your cabin is located.

Our cabins are always on the aft and we always request 6:15 dining. Never got anything but.

but if you get onboard and find your assignment is not acceptable then visit the maitre de to get it changed

New cruiser a little confused. It has breakfast and lunch times listed here but I thought I read it was a set time frame and you could come and go throughout regardless of your dining time?

Thanks!

Kari

Breakfast and lunch are open seating as was already stated. Check the Capers each night for the next day's dining times. Breakfast changes depending on if it's a port day or a sea day. You may show up anytime within the time that the dining room is open.

The dining room is open for lunch on sea days, but may not be open on port days. The Capers will tell you.

Dinner is always at the scheduled times. That is at least until they expand "Anytime Dining."

Thanks for your help.

This may sound strange and is not meant to be a slam, but Carnival has confirmed your request. Unfortunately that is as far as they will go. It seems that most people who want late seating get it. Sometimes people who want early seating are moved due to demand. You should be OK. As far as table size they will do what they can, but you are likely going to have table mates.

Archived