Roll Call Question

Lil Starr

:confused: This may seem like a true dumb question, but does anyone really even bother going to the Roll Call boards? I was just wondering because I will be going on the Elation on Aug.18, and I was wondering if anyone else was doing it.:o

:confused: This may seem like a true dumb question, but does anyone really even bother going to the Roll Call boards? I was just wondering because I will be going on the Elation on Aug.18, and I was wondering if anyone else was doing it.:o

I'm sailing on June 2nd on the Miracle and we have a huge roll call going of about 90 people. This includes all the family members. John Heald just got us a place to hold our first "Meet & Greet" and then we're doing a cabin crawl.

If there is no roll call for your cruise date yet, why not start one and see who replies?

Certainly they do! It's hit and miss. Some sailings have a ton of Cruise Critic members on board... some nearly none...

We are sailing on the NCL Jewel next April and already have a very active roll call going. We did the same with the Carnival Freedom when we sailed earlier this year, and got to meet quite a few of the people on roll call after boarding the ship.:)

We had a roll call for 3/19 on HAL.s Noordam with several posters. Posts exceded 1200 before the cruise. Our M&G was well attended even though the weather was terrible. Also had a cabin crawl which was nice ending in the big suite with refreshments provided by our host. :) Met a lot of great cruisers. Will be on the Fantasy 8/9. While there is a roll call started there is not much interest at this time. :( Guess it just depends on the group. Personally, I highly recommend roll calls as a means to get to know "so to speak" other cruisers prior to the cruise.The Noordam roll call was not only a good place for information, but also a bunch of good natured funny conversation.:cool: My suggestion, go for it and see what happens:D .

Some are VERY active, some, not so much. Have been on one with 157 people posting regularly. Barb & I and one other couple showed for the meet & greet. Never met another soul from the RC.

One from 04, still gets an occasional post and we all met on the ship every day to discuss who was doing or had done what. A great group.

Another roll call from last year still gets posts now. We had a multiple of events and get togethers on board. [RCL] That roll call now has about 6,350 posts with about 65,000 views. I'd call that active, hyperactive even?? It was a great cruise. There were many double diamond members [guaranteed dinner seatings] in the group so we had a large section of the dining room just for us. And the Captain came and spoke at our Meet & Greet.

On that roll call, there was a discussion about dining at the Captain's table. Jokingly, I said, "Why would I want to dine with the hired help?" On the cruise we were having a drink on the grand promenade when the Captain and his wife walked by. She stopped and and told her husband I was the guy that didn't want to eat with the help. We had a good laugh.

Roll calls can be fun, and they can never develop at all.

Dan

Always! It's one of my favorite parts of cruising. It's so fun to have a group of people as excited as you are about the cruise. Great way to pass the time until sailing and then meet up on board for fun. Have made many new friends all over the world.

One of my Roll Calls from 2005 is still active. :)

Took part in Roll Calls for our last two Cruises . As previously stated some work out better than others . Both of ours worked out well and we are still in contact with Friends we made at the Meet & Greets.

GO FOR IT !!!!!!

I love the roll calls. I think it's a wonderful opportunity to meet new friends before a cruise...By all means, DH & I had a blast alone on our last 2 cruises but we think it would be an added 'bonus' to hang out with new friends ..Roll calls allow us to get to know each other a lil' better before the cruise..It's all a personal preference...

On our last cruises when we'd meet someone on the ship, it was always nice to pass them on the ship later and actually recognize someone. Roll call and meet & greets will allow us to have a better connection with a few fellow cruisers:)

I'm currently booked on 4 cruises. The roll calls for the two Alaska cruises are very quiet. The one for Feb 2010 is going gangbusters (although I'm not participating as much as I could be :D ). For the one for my March 09 cruise, we are aiming for 10,000 posts before we sail! Will likely get there, too.

I've met some very nice people through the roll calls and keep in touch with some to this day.

on the roll calls. On our 5/5/07 Glory sailing we had about 15 couples, we became such good friends and had such fun on the roll call and on the cruise we're planning a "reunion" cruise together next year!

On other roll calls I haven't had nearly the success. Just depends on the chemistry I guess, but still fun and I still participate.:)

I just got the best advice for cabin selection on my roll call and upgraded because of it. I find my past two roll calls to have totally different "personalities". My next cruise isn't for another 330 days and the roll call already has over 100 posts.

Archived