Cruise Insurance

briarjumper

I have a question about cruise insurance. What do you all recommend for the best company to use?The Carnival insurance seemed expensive at $129.00 to me any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

I have a question about cruise insurance. What do you all recommend for the best company to use?The Carnival insurance seemed expensive at $129.00 to me any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

I will not be the only one to mention checking out insuremytrip dot com. You will hear many different opinions, the largest reason I chose to purchase 'non carnival' insurance was that i wanted coverage for flights that were not arranged through carnival. But there many different policies.

AIG is one of the companies you will get a quote from with insuremytrip.com. And if you are purchasing insurance within a 10 or 15 day window (varies from co. to co.) of your initial deposit you can purchase Cancel for Any Reason policies. They cost a bit more, but would cover you if you had to cancel for non-normally covered reasons like a tree fell on your house or you suddenly had an unexpected expense come up or the people you were traveling with cancelled and you didn't want to go alone...or a good friend gets sick...or your dog.... The first time I bought travel insurance it was because I was worried about being called for jury duty. My husband pointed out to me that in our county the docket schedule is known....so that was a silly reason. Turned out that I came down with a terrible flu and got my money back when I had to cancel! Always buy insurance!

I know we can't really give out company names on the boards.

We have used a company for many years through our TA. We did have to make a claim about 4 years ago and the turn-a-round time was excellent. If you e-mail me I will give you the info. They were much cheaper then any of the cruise lines insurance and my TA has been dealing with them for many years.

rockee40@comcast.net

Cost of Insurance like in anything is usually the benefits you recive for it..

On any Policy make sure it is Primary.

Make sure the firm is rated well in your State/Country of Residence.

Make Sure YOU READ EVERYTHING!

Make a copy of all Phone Numbers and your Policy Number etc.. in a few locations.

Compare different policies for what you need now as well when on the trip/Cruise etc...

Ask your question and get your answers...EG:

Do you have a medical condition ? Is the policy covering pre conditions etc...

We always book a quality Policy and ALWAYS COMPARE.

We use this one as it gives you FREE Quotes and compares hundreds of policies and companies ..they I think have the largest DATA Base ..

You should bookmark this here

We buy the policies right after I book the cruise or trip. That way your covered even before you arrive and board the ship(s).:cool:

Try Accessamerica.com for your insurance. They are very reasonable $84. for 2 people and are great to work with. You have 10 days to examine your policy after purchase and can get a refund within that time if you don't like it.

We used the carnival insurance last march for a 4 day cruise and it was 49.00 a person and they do cover your airfare if you dont purchase through them. I know this for sure because I just called them about a future cruise and asked them about airfare. We also had a claim for a piece of luggage that was damaged and they covered it 100%. Had to do alot of work for the claim but was worth it. I would defintely recomend using carnivals insurance.

Just a little trick - when you go to insuremytripdotcom, plug in different amounts and find your top limit without changing price. For instance, plug in $3000, then $2500 and compare the prices. If no different, insure for the higher amount. Sometimes the price break would be at $2999....just keep playing with it.

I would use Carnivals insurance. Everytime! My experience::rolleyes:

Had to cancel due to BIL emergency surgery, found out form PVP that if insurance company didn't refund ALL of my money (minus insurance fee) Carnival would refund it since I bought my trip insurance thru them!

I did get a 100% refund!:D

Try Accessamerica.com for your insurance. They are very reasonable $84. for 2 people and are great to work with. You have 10 days to examine your policy after purchase and can get a refund within that time if you don't like it.

We also think Access is the best deal, and use it each time.

Call them toll free......their sales staff is very pro, will explain what they have, as well as send you info promptly.

Well worth having a policy when you are out of U.S.

Archived