L shaped cabin vs aft balcony

gypsyrose

No, the cabins with the larger balconies are on the deck

above you. Your cabins are the standard size. The two will be the same with one major exception; 7447 will have a sofa but 7445 will not. In the space where the sofa would go you will have a table and either one or two chairs. You should have two chairs but sometimes they get moved.

Actually I already know that 7447, the cabing I have does not have a sofa. This is for access to the plumping for the 9A next to us. Don't know about 7445.

• 2 months later...
Here's a picture, sorry to disappoint but they all have the same depth. ;)

1240899512063250804S600x600Q85.jpg

2139099540059470545S600x600Q85.jpg

so im druding up this post again, i just booked cabin 8457 on the valor, looking at this top picture im trying to figure out if im right about which one it is ? is is the first large room all the way to the right in the photo? it looks larger than the room next to it? so im wondering if its not it and im getting excited over nothing....

I will be staying in an L shape room on my upcoming conquest voyage, rm 6481. If anyone has pictures of an L shape room, I know the balcony is huge. Drove past the conquest on my last visit to galveston. Also waht about opening the dividers between the balconies...I know they only open a certian number and to get there early. whcih aft rooms would be best (when booking two) to be able to open the dividers and not cover a door to your room.

Here's a pictures of an L Shaped Room.

FamilyCruise-CarnivalConquest-Ma-66.jpg

It's 6442 on the Conquest. Lorri (MY SIL) is standing in front of the bathroom with the balcony doors on the right hand side of the picture. There's a little 'hall' where the closets are when you come in the room and then the desk and TV stuff. There is no sofa. I liked the configuration of her room but she heards lots of noise from the lounge above them. In fact, she said it was she said it was like they were in her room.

so im druding up this post again, i just booked cabin 8457 on the valor, looking at this top picture im trying to figure out if im right about which one it is ? is is the first large room all the way to the right in the photo? it looks larger than the room next to it? so im wondering if its not it and im getting excited over nothing....

Cabin 8457 is the same size as cabin 8459. The balcony is wider than the others because it extends beyond cabin 8457 covering part of 8455. A solid steel bulkhead separates 8457 from 8455. Due to the location of the bulkhead you get to enjoy a larger balcony. :)

We had the L shaped cabin on the Valor 7434 which was sandwiched between two decks and it was very quiet. The cabin was different from others and the bed faced the windows, which I really liked. There was no sofa but no great loss there! The balcony was very long and had two chairs and a table. We didn't have a lounger and really didn't need one either. Here are the pictures of our cabin.

1676423264_ValorCruise041.jpg.9926c15fa97d7536483978de9de937ce.jpg

1790029917_ValorCruise040.jpg.1ea2bf6a0fc7bb399111adf0874d32e2.jpg

679308037_ValorCruise045.jpg.c65c456794bc526d2d8e965d9f268e16.jpg

1539209810_ValorCruise038.jpg.b5e41e01efb2d89a7b874880142199c9.jpg

1594618045_ValorCruise076.jpg.38fa02daba70ff4e0749fcec7e2a0e04.jpg

Cabin 8457 is the same size as cabin 8459. The balcony is wider than the others because it extends beyond cabin 8457 covering part of 8455. A solid steel bulkhead separates 8457 from 8455. Due to the location of the bulkhead you get to enjoy a larger balcony. :)

ha thats awesome...im oaky with the same size room, standard room works since i am barely in there...but sneaking in some extra balcony space on top of the extended balcony space sounds nice to me ...hopefully whatever the bulkhead is for doesnt cause alot of noise :eek: thanks for the info!

ha thats awesome...im oaky with the same size room, standard room works since i am barely in there...but sneaking in some extra balcony space on top of the extended balcony space sounds nice to me ...hopefully whatever the bulkhead is for doesnt cause alot of noise :eek: thanks for the info!

I'm with you as I just booked one of those two cabins !!:eek: :D

tximprov,

We are also booked in room 6481 for Spring Break. I would be very grateful for pics of that cabin when you return!!

Carole

PM me for an email address to send photos to.

I will be staying in an L shape room on my upcoming conquest voyage, rm 6481. If anyone has pictures of an L shape room, .

We had a "L" cabin on the triumph and loved it. It really isnt an odd shaped room it has a larger feel to it than regular balcony cabins. also there was an extra storage closet near the balcony door, great for suitcases. We would definitly book this cabin again .

No worries on the Questions:

- I've never had a problem with junk ending up on our balcony.

- Sometimes it will get warm, but no more so than on deck.

- Noise? Not enough to make me not book one.

- Privacy? Depends on the ship: Legend had nice and private balconies, yet the Freedom really didn't, my upstairs neighbour could see when I ventured out onto the far-back of my balcony when I went for my naked-butt-in-the-moonlight walks... err... umm... :o:o:p

:D

Anyhow, depending on the ship, upper decks may be offset, so that may be a consideration. But really, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Aft-wraps are great....

Actually, no!!! They're Terrible!!!! Terrible!!!! I'm not just saying that because we want them every time we cruise, no!!!! :D

No worries on the Questions:

- I've never had a problem with junk ending up on our balcony.

- Sometimes it will get warm, but no more so than on deck.

- Noise? Not enough to make me not book one.

- Privacy? Depends on the ship: Legend had nice and private balconies, yet the Freedom really didn't, my upstairs neighbour could see when I ventured out onto the far-back of my balcony when I went for my naked-butt-in-the-moonlight walks... err... umm...

Anyhow, depending on the ship, upper decks may be offset, so that may be a consideration. But really, I wouldn't worry about it at all. Aft-wraps are great....

Actually, no!!! They're Terrible!!!! Terrible!!!! I'm not just saying that because we want them every time we cruise, no!!!!

:eek: :eek: NAKED BUTT IN THE MOONLIGHT WALKS ! :eek: :D I JUST KNEW I LEAD A SHELTERED LIFE, I KNEW IT !! ;) :D

[quote name='hockeyluver']it took a while to find them but here are some pictures of our "L" cabin.
[URL]http://travel.webshots.com/album/568118718AbJOny?vhost=travel[/URL][/quote]
I just switched cruises from Destiny to the Triumph yesterday and have one of those "L" Shaped cabins on the other side #6459. Thanks for the Great Photos !!:D

[quote name='mr jailerman']I just switched cruises from Destiny to the Triumph yesterday and have one of those "L" Shaped cabins on the other side #6459. Thanks for the Great Photos !!:D[/QUOTE]

Your welcome, you are going to love it, our friends were actually quite jelous we had so much more room in the cabin and the balcony.

[quote name='robtx100']We had 7448 on the Conquest last year. It was one of the narrow ones with no sofa. The hallway was so narrow, the bathroom door did not open all the way. We did have an occasional drink umbrella and cigarette butt on the balcony. That being said, we loved being back there so much, we recently booked 4 afts on the Conquest for March 1st. I'm lucky enough to get 6485, which is next to the 9A, so hopefully will be more room.

Honeybear1974, are you going on the Conquest again? What date in March?[/quote]

Hi there, we are going on the March 1st 2009 sailing!

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='hockeyluver']Your welcome, you are going to love it, our friends were actually quite jelous we had so much more room in the cabin and the balcony.[/quote]
Did you hear noise from the stairwells at all ? Was Vibration an issue as those Cabin sit above the stern thrusters ? Thanks for the great info..:)

im excited about the wider balcony in 8457. I dont mind the room being the same size. my problem now is the 9A next to me is still available for my sailing and im tempted to upgrade to it :D although as of right now i dont know if all that deck space is needed for just 2 people :cool:

Archived