L shaped cabin vs aft balcony

gypsyrose

I am thinking about booking the Splendor in March or August 2010. I want to book an L shape for my ds and I. What is the best one to book?? I have never had one but love the long balcony. ANyone have pictures of the Spledor L shaped cabins?? I tried webshots but no luck.

Thanks!!

Here you go...this is 6440.

2652217000103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2636938820103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2300288860103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

2851919570103832821S425x425Q85.jpg

Carnival's site says the room is a twin/king configuration so it appears you can have it with two beds. Best I can figure is they'd push the beds out and put the nighstands in between the two beds. But that's just a guess. I wouldn't think it would be too crowded.

As for noise, I didn't notice it as much on Splendor as we did in the same cabin on Victory. And even on that ship, it was just when we pulled in or out of port and not that bad. In fact, when pulling into port, it was kind of a nice wakeup call to make sure we were up and didn't miss our excursions.

As for sunsets, when the ship is headed back north, you'd be on the correct side.

I am in 6440 on the Splendor with a friend can the beds be seprated and will it be too crowed also noise problems at all???? and is this the side of the ship for sunsets

Thanks in advance

depends on when you are sailing- you will get sunsets either coming or going.

Carnival's site says the room is a twin/king configuration so it appears you can have it with two beds. Best I can figure is they'd push the beds out and put the nighstands in between the two beds. But that's just a guess. I wouldn't think it would be too crowded..

2811041530062547426ZKLaOw_th.jpg

there is a night stand on either side of the bed- one side can not be removed as that will put the bed too close to the bathroom door and youwont be able to open it.

Taking out the other nightstand and putting it in the middle of the two beds will take away the precious floor space you already have.

Can the partitions for the balconies be removed on the afts? We are looking at 3 cabins on Valor. We either want all aft cabins, or 1 9A & 2 afts, and we were curious if the partitions could be removed for us to share.

Can the partitions for the balconies be removed on the afts? We are looking at 3 cabins on Valor. We either want all aft cabins, or 1 9A & 2 afts, and we were curious if the partitions could be removed for us to share.

If you take the 9A and the two next to it--yes it can. but taking the three afts==no- the middle cabins have a metal partition down the back of the ship.

One the side-- you have to be careful on what cabins you get-- if the partition door opens to the balcony door then the partition can not be opened.

above the N

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2599247250040287513fNRHmm

If you take the 9A and the two next to it--yes it can. but taking the three afts==no- the middle cabins have a metal partition down the back of the ship.

One the side-- you have to be careful on what cabins you get-- if the partition door opens to the balcony door then the partition can not be opened.

above the N

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2599247250040287513fNRHmm

The cabins we are looking at are #7440 (9A) & 7442, 7444 (both 8G)

Thanks!

From what I was told this week, you had to have 3 people in the aft balconies other than the two in the middle, on the Liberty. CCL would only book us in the 2 - 8G cabins on deck 6 that did not have stars on them. This was for spring 2011 if that makes a difference. Is this standard?

From what I was told this week, you had to have 3 people in the aft balconies other than the two in the middle, on the Liberty. CCL would only book us in the 2 - 8G cabins on deck 6 that did not have stars on them. This was for spring 2011 if that makes a difference. Is this standard?

if its high peak sailing time yes-- if sailing in a triple and there is only two you take the chance that you can be moved if the space is needed.

if its high peak sailing time yes-- if sailing in a triple and there is only two you take the chance that you can be moved if the space is needed.

Thanks, I guess that makes sense since it is so far away and with the early booking the price was actually pretty good to start with.

Empress deck was not an option for us and I did not want to be under the pool deck so that left deck 6.

for spring 2011???? I would keep watching those. Sounds like someone took group space.

for spring 2011???? I would keep watching those. Sounds like someone took group space.

They were not booked but we are traveling with our 3 teenage daughters and the empress deck on the Liberty does not have any inside cabins close enough to the aft for them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm booked on the Valor 3/7/10 room 7447 and I was curious and maybe someone who has stayed in an aft can tell me.. Do you see dolphins playing in the wake of the ship? Silly question I know, but after taking a sunset cruise in Hawaii and having a blast watching the dolphins play, I'm kinda hoping to see dolphins from our balcony. Anyone have such luck????

I'm booked on the Valor 3/7/10 room 7447 and I was curious and maybe someone who has stayed in an aft can tell me.. Do you see dolphins playing in the wake of the ship? Silly question I know, but after taking a sunset cruise in Hawaii and having a blast watching the dolphins play, I'm kinda hoping to see dolphins from our balcony. Anyone have such luck????

Hawaii and the caribbean are two different places.

In all my aft cabins i Have yet to see dolphins.

Looking at those pictures of the cabin & balcony I am *so excited* for the L-shaped cabin I booked for march! One day I hope to get a nice aft wrap. Being as how we are going during spring break, I doubt the upgrade fairy will offer us anything at a bargain. Even the extended balcony is a treat for us though - I've only cruised in inside cabins before on carnival.

This is slightly off subject, but sooo many good informants I thought I'd give it a try. We're on Triumph for x-mas week in 6438 aft and wondered if this is one of those smaller cabins since its near the middle of upper deck aft. My concern is the deminsions of the cabin. I usually try to get our beds configured so as Not to have DH in snoring distance! NO REALLY! HA! He even agrees, so we're trying to see if the beds could go end to end and then the sofa oposite them, even if it blocks storage. Anyone got a clue? Thanks Diane

Archived