Atlantis Resort, Bahamas

brown28

Thanks for the kind responses. We will be there in Nov. Also, they don't question when you check in and out the same day? How do you all do that exactly? I would assume the Cs people know what folks are doing, so I shouldn't be nervous about the whole thing. They are still getting a full nights pay, so works out good for them IMO.

Just check in like a normal guest.... we usually leave our change of clothes in the room and then head over to the Atlantis......Then when ready to leave... check out just like a normal guest ! No worries....No stress... It's 5 o'clock somewhere, just point me to the bar !

Thanks for the kind responses. We will be there in Nov. Also, they don't question when you check in and out the same day? How do you all do that exactly? I would assume the Cs people know what folks are doing, so I shouldn't be nervous about the whole thing. They are still getting a full nights pay, so works out good for them IMO.

People do literally check in and out... CS LOVES it because you get no key to the room, just your pass for Atlantis and they don't have to clean the room.

We booked 3 rooms at the comfort suites in Oct, for 8 adults and 4 kids under 5. the rate was total with all charges $617. for all three rooms. That was for the 50+ discount. I booked em on line and they called me to confirm that I wanted passes early for Atlantis. If we bought day passes the total would be $1140. so this saves us $523. How cool is that?

We did it this same way years ago. And loved atlantis........it was soooo worth the money. When you look at the price of excursions off the ship it is a good deal at 51$ each, this way.

Now if only Oct would hurry up and get here :D

I have tried many sites to get a good deal in the comfort suites. The cheapest come to 394.00. That's for 2 adults 2 kids, 8 and 15.

I wish I could find the $200.00 deal Maybe because I am going Feb 21st 2009.

I have been checking out so many sites, it seems that you are going to lay out a lot of money to see this Atlantis.

I also checked out other resorts. No Atlantis passes and around $300,00

Anyone just go to the beach?

That's what I think I am going to do.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

Thanks

Jeane

I am planning on booking Comfort Inn for the Atlantis passes. I am not sure what the passes actually covers while at the Atlantis. Is it the same as if we were paying guest at the Atlantis hotel.

I am planning on booking Comfort Inn for the Atlantis passes. I am not sure what the passes actually covers while at the Atlantis. Is it the same as if we were paying guest at the Atlantis hotel.

Yes. The passes give you full access to the Atlantis as if you were staying there.

Note - make sure you book the Comfort Suites in Nassau/Paradise Island. I beleive there is a Comfort Inn in Nassau that DOES NOT give you access to Atlantis.

Yes. The passes give you full access to the Atlantis as if you were staying there.

Note - make sure you book the Comfort Suites in Nassau/Paradise Island. I beleive there is a Comfort Inn in Nassau that DOES NOT give you access to Atlantis.

I was able to book Comfort Suites Paradise Island for $157.50 with taxes $176.40 for Oct 11 and they will probably charge all the extras when we get there.

What do you do with all your clothes and things if the room is not ready. Do you wear swimsuit with a coverup off the ship and carry a change of clothes for after.

Would recommend wearing a watershoes while you are there.

I was able to book Comfort Suites Paradise Island for $157.50 with taxes $176.40 for Oct 11 and they will probably charge all the extras when we get there.

What do you do with all your clothes and things if the room is not ready. Do you wear swimsuit with a coverup off the ship and carry a change of clothes for after.

Would recommend wearing a watershoes while you are there.

I have not yes been to Atlantis - will be there for the first time on 8/29. All of the information I have I have received through the forums here -from people who have gone, and my own research (mostly info here).

We are planning on wearing our swimsuit with coverups / t-shirts. We will probably bring a light change of clothes (pair of shorts/t-shirt) and either leave on a beach chair around one of the pools or place in locker (I have read elsewhere that there are lockers available). As of now, we have no intention of actually going to the room at the Comfort Suites.

I have also read that watershoes are recommended as the ground can get very hot. I have also read that watershoes are permitted on the slides (would like to get some verification of that).

Hope this helps.

Wow, price varies alot depending on when your going, The day we are there (Thursday) AAA/50+ rate is 242, Yet on Monday of same week it is only$135, i wish we were there on the Monday, (crazy good price) That price was for 2 adults and 2 kids, in December.

A co-worker of mine is leaving next week to cruise to Nassau & has booked 2 rooms at CS Paradise Island. She was asking if I could find out what there is for a small child (2 or 3) to do at Aquaventure? I told I knew I had heard about the Lazy River. Any other ideas???

Thanks,

DJ

We were wanting to do all day at Atlantis in December, on the 30th. Lousy timing I guess, because as of that day, the CS is requiring a 3 night stay on any reservation made the 30th and after. I checked several sites online, got the same response.

Now, I am seeing that there isn't even just an "aquadventure" available through Carnival, they all include a dolphin encounter or swim. Hoping that changes in the next couple months.

Suggestions?

hmm. I tried yet again, same thing. 3 day minimum. Perhaps you made them long enough ago before they started the minimum?

Sigh. DH not gonna be happy :(

There are certain periods where 3-night minimum reservations are required. I believe Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve are three of those periods (judging from posts elsewhere in this forum). There may be more.

I would imagine that is also why the excursion is not available through the cruise line - reserving capacity for registered hotel guests.

Hi all... thank you so much for all the valuable information I've learned from these threads! I'm cruising August 4th for the first time, with husband and 2 teens 16, and 17. I've read so much about Atlantis I'd love to take them there, and yet, I'm very cautious about booking through the Comfort Suites... I've read on here that if the weather is rough on 4 night cruises, they will bypass the private island and head straight for Nassau. The problem is that if they change their itinerary for some reason, and we arrive a day early for my reservation at CS then I am going to be out of luck on my room correct? I'm wondering if the day passes even at $105 a piece might be safer?... for my family than taking the risk, when our day in Nassau might change. But.. then I read where you might not be able to get passes in the Atlantis lobby due to unavailibility. Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated!

I've read on here that if the weather is rough on 4 night cruises, they will bypass the private island and head straight for Nassau. The problem is that if they change their itinerary for some reason, and we arrive a day early for my reservation at CS then I am going to be out of luck on my room correct? I'm wondering if the day passes even at $105 a piece might be safer?... for my family than taking the risk, when our day in Nassau might change. But.. then I read where you might not be able to get passes in the Atlantis lobby due to unavailibility. Any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated!

What was the price of the room at CS, including taxes, surcharges, and extra adults in room fee (16 & 17 are an additional $40 each I believe)? If you add all that up, it may not be that much less than day passes (although you run the risk of passes not being available). It also may not be much different than a room at Atlantis directly - and they may have different cancellation policies.

The cancellation policy at CS is 32 hrs prior to the arrival date. So for us arriving on 8/29, I need to cancel by 4pm on the 27th in the event something changes. I run the same risk, as if anything changes with the itinerary, I may not know until it is too late to cancel, but am willing to take the chance as the room for four of us (2 kids - 9 & 6, so the surcharges are not as great) is under $200.

Thanks Ed... Online I cannot find anywhere that will give me a room at CS for under $286.00 plus the surcharges, so it's going to be at least $300.00 plus... I think day passes for us, as we will all be charged as adults will probably be the smartest way to go... I just wish I knew the BEST way to know if they will be available or not. I have not said a WORD to my kids just in case I'm not able to get tickets! :) I've told them we are walking around the island and hitting a beach and doing some shopping. My son is very excited to go on his first cruise, and yet he's less than thrilled at checking out the "historical" part of Nassau. But at the same time... spending roughly 800 dollars through the cruise line, to guarantee me tickets to Atlantis... I'm simply too practical for that! :rolleyes:

Thanks Ed... Online I cannot find anywhere that will give me a room at CS for under $286.00 plus the surcharges, so it's going to be at least $300.00 plus... I think day passes for us, as we will all be charged as adults will probably be the smartest way to go... I just wish I knew the BEST way to know if they will be available or not. I have not said a WORD to my kids just in case I'm not able to get tickets! :) I've told them we are walking around the island and hitting a beach and doing some shopping. My son is very excited to go on his first cruise, and yet he's less than thrilled at checking out the "historical" part of Nassau. But at the same time... spending roughly 800 dollars through the cruise line, to guarantee me tickets to Atlantis... I'm simply too practical for that! :rolleyes:

That is the reason they are so expensive... The cruise line buys so many from Atlantis up front. As for missing the private island... if you come a day early do you stay the extra day? I'm not sure but you might want to check it out. It may be you get two days in Nassau.

As for missing the private island... if you come a day early do you stay the extra day? I'm not sure but you might want to check it out. It may be you get two days in Nassau.

I called RC this morning and the rep told me that if they redirect the itinerary that they try to make the private island the next day. But... you are right, if the weather is terrible, she said that the stay will actually be 2 1/2 days in Nassau.

I forgot to ask her if there was WiFi on the ship. It would be great if I had internet access, as I could plan accordingly very easily with that.

well ladies and gents I just returned home from my three day cruise to the bahamas. My wife and I visited The Atlantis resort and it is magical. The place is to big and wonderful. But if you are on a budget you can blow it fast. My wife and I had two cheese burgers and two waters for 33.00 bucks. Yep get ready to shell out money because this place is not cheap. I was originally going to go to breeze but the cab driver had a deal that I could not pass up. Let just say I purchased the wrist bands for less than the advertised prices on the ship and in the resort. The wrist bands provided me to total access to the property. My wife and I went to water park which was wonderful and we saw the aquarium in the hotels and also I did a little gambling. We also rented the jet ski's for a hour. I was charged 100.00 for both of us to use one jet ski. My best advise is to walk up and down the beach and start haggling with the operators they want to rent the wave runners out. I just kept telling them (operators) that the guy over there is giving me a better deal are you going to match it or what. I will guarantee that you will get a good deal. Over all the day was very good a lot of walking because you want to see everything but totally worth time.:D

Archived