Just got room assignment . . .questions now

LakerMom

I am traveling on the Holiday the week of July 28. I just received my two room assignments 6B #M181 and 6B#M35.

This is my first cruise so now I need to find out where these rooms are and if they are considered good.

Go to the carnival website and click on fun ships, choose holiday and you can access the deck plans to see your room location there. We will be sailing on Holiday next month :)

I have no idea if our rooms are good or not.

I am traveling on the Holiday the week of July 28. I just received my two room assignments 6B #M181 and 6B#M35.

This is my first cruise so now I need to find out where these rooms are and if they are considered good.

Well, your rooms are Ocean View cabins on the starboard side of the Main deck. M35 is in the forward part of the ship and M181 is in the aft. Why did you get rooms so far apart?

I think they are good rooms individually but if you are traveling with friend and/or family they are just far apart.

Well, your rooms are Ocean View cabins on the starboard side of the Main deck. M35 is in the forward part of the ship and M181 is in the aft. Why did you get rooms so far apart?

I think they are good rooms individually but if you are traveling with friend and/or family they are just far apart.

We did not book a guaranteed room. I was told by the Carnival agent that booked our trip that it would cost me an extra $100 per person to book rooms together. Since we are traveling with my kids and they are older, I didn't think it would be that big of a deal if our rooms were together or not. I'm just happy that we are at least on the same floor.

I went to the Carnival Website and pulled up the rooms. I found them. Then I saw the description of the rooms says this:

OCEAN VIEWIncludes stateroom categories: 5A, 6A, 6B (obstructed view), 6D. Category 5A staterooms(not pictured) feature two portholes instead of a picture window.

orange_arrow.gifView larger

Does this mean our 6B #181 and 6B #M35 will both have obstructed views since they are category 6B?

We did not book a guaranteed room. I was told by the Carnival agent that booked our trip that it would cost me an extra $100 per person to book rooms together. Since we are traveling with my kids and they are older, I didn't think it would be that big of a deal if our rooms were together or not. I'm just happy that we are at least on the same floor.

I'm confused. Did you book your trip awhile back and just now found out the room assignments? If so, it appears that you DID book a guarantee. Otherwise you would have picked your own rooms at the time of booking. You say your kids are older? As in teenagers/adults?

I guess since they are older (at least one 25yo????) that's okay and it's just down the hall, but I'm not sure the Carnival Rep told you correctly. I've never had to pay extra to book a specific room.

At any rate, both should be nice quiet rooms, not right by the elevators and you have no public rooms above or below you.

This makes no sense.... you just are getting your stateroom assignment ??? If you just booked the cruise you would have either been given stateroom assignments at time of booking or booked either an OV Guarantee, 6A guarantee (and got an upgrade) or a 6B guarantee (w/out an upgrade)....if you did the "guarantee" in any category stateroom, you would have probably just gotten the stateroom assignments.

Both staterooms are Category 6B... other than inside staterooms on that deck, this is the only category stateroom on that deck..... whoever you booked with that said in order to get you two staterooms side by side was going to cost extra was just incorrect.... There has to be more to this story !

I'm confused. Did you book your trip awhile back and just now found out the room assignments? If so, it appears that you DID book a guarantee. Otherwise you would have picked your own rooms at the time of booking. You say your kids are older? As in teenagers/adults?

We booked our rooms back in early November along with a group. Up until today our reservations on the Carnival site always said TBD. We were told we would get an Ocean View room but they would not guarantee where the room would be on the ship (maybe I'm the one confused. This is my first cruise.) My kids are 21, 19 and 15.

We booked our rooms back in early November along with a group. Up until today our reservations on the Carnival site always said TBD. We were told we would get an Ocean View room but they would not guarantee where the room would be on the ship (maybe I'm the one confused. This is my first cruise.) My kids are 21, 19 and 15.

That could explain some things. If all 3 of your kids are going into one cabin, it will have to be M35. I just looked at the deck plans and it is the only cabin of the 2 that has 3 beds. M181 is just the 2 singles that can be pushed together to make a king.

You booked a guarantee cabin then, and not an assigned cabin.

We have 6 rooms right next to each other, which we chose, and didn't pay any extra fee. You must have a guaranteed room or you would have been given the choice to pick it out yourself or been give the cabin number right away. Your cabins should be just fine, but may be obstructed view.

We have 6 rooms right next to each other, which we chose, and didn't pay any extra fee. You must have a guaranteed room or you would have been given the choice to pick it out yourself or been give the cabin number right away. Your cabins should be just fine, but may be obstructed view.

So when they say obstructed view . . . how obstructed is it?

Being a group booking that answers part of this story and actually makes sense, except, now this gets interesting....3 children in a room at age 21, 19 and 15....and not being next door to parents or across the hall and on the complete other end of the ship ??? Sure does conflict with CCL's policy regrading passengers under the age of 21 sailing requirements.

Perhaps when the OP booked the rooms the only ones side by side in approx the same cat were a little higher priced and thus the extra $100.

I think the only way she could have gotten staterooms side by side was if she was willing to go to a higher deck.....

If they told you that it would cost extra to book cabins together and you are saying you just got your cabin assignments, it sounds to me like they booked guarantees for you .... even if you werent aware of it.

I guess we will never know what exactly you booked to get cabins this far apart and from what you said.

OP's first cruise.... just go have a GREAT TIME !!! :D

All these answers were beginning to scare me like we did something wrong. I am just going with what the Carnival rep told us. I was not the person that put this trip together. I just called the Carnival rep to book. I was told we would be guaranteed two ocean view rooms but it would cost $100 per person more to book the rooms together because then I could select the rooms.

All these answers going back and forth were beginning to scare me.

I think I will take your advice and have a GREAT TIME and if I run into problems with my kids in one room and us in another, we will make a change then. My kids have always proven to be respectful and responsible. I had no reason to question there would be any problems.

Thanks for all your input!

You may want to call CCL and ask why they placed your children so far away from you given the ages of the minors, and possibly see if they can get them closer if not next door to you.... probably won't happen this late in the game, but it just makes no sense why they would do this given the ages of the 2 minor children and CCL's policies. I am sure they are good children and not questioning that at all.....

I am sure it will all work out....

Archived