Complimentary Upgrade

Big Al B.

We booked the Zaandam to Hawaii for October 2009 today (yes, we plan ahead :D) We selected a cat AA balcony. Our TA said that HAL told her they were giving us a complimentary upgrade to an A or S, but we would not know our cabin until later. According to her, we are guarenteed the cabins we chose at booking, so this looks like a win-win situation to me. Has anyone ever had any experience with this and if so, how did it work? Thanks.

We booked the Zaandam to Hawaii for October 2009 today (yes, we plan ahead :D) We selected a cat AA balcony. Our TA said that HAL told her they were giving us a complimentary upgrade to an A or S, but we would not know our cabin until later. According to her, we are guarenteed the cabins we chose at booking, so this looks like a win-win situation to me. Has anyone ever had any experience with this and if so, how did it work? Thanks.

I would confirm that again. I have heard about the guarenteed upgrades for a better category, but you lose your original booked cabin. I would put in another phone call or email.

I think I'll do that. Good thing if the guarentee is for at least a one cat upgrade, on the Zaandam the only categories above AA are A and S from what I see. The A's are same as AA only one deck higher and a tad more astern. Still sounds good to me, but I will check it out. Lord knows we have time :p.

I think I'll do that. Good thing if the guarentee is for at least a one cat upgrade, on the Zaandam the only categories above AA are A and S from what I see. The A's are same as AA only one deck higher and a tad more astern. Still sounds good to me, but I will check it out. Lord knows we have time :p.

There is also the PS category for possible upgrade.

As the A category is better than the AA, and S is better than AA or A, I wouldn't have any qualms about accepting this offer. At minimum, it would appear to me, you are moving generally closer to the middle of the ship, or worst case, you could get an aft or forward S Suite, which gives you lots more benefits.

WARNING WARNING WARNING If you get a suite, you may never go back to a standard veranda cabin!!!

I agree, it is a win-win.

I just got my invoices from the TA yesterday and it shows us in the AA cabin we had picked out, so I guess we are in a win/win situation. If we get the upgrade, great, if not, great :). I still might email my TA to see if she knows any other details.

Archived