Looking for specifics in a Miami hotel...

Izziebella

I need to have as many as possible of the following points when choosing our precruise night hotel...

1) short trip from the airport

2) short trip to the pier

3) close proximaty to a water taxi stand

4) accessable liquor store close to the hotel

5) free breakfast

6) clean rooms

7) cheap rates

I think that's all I need. Do any of you have a suggestion for the perfect hotal that can accomodate any or all of the above list?

Holiday Inn Bayside

Cheap rates...... depends on what you consider cheap. You will not get a hotel in downtown Miami cheap.

No free breakfast. Nice Cuban place across the street at Bayside. Nice breakfast for $6 compared to $15 at the hotel.

All of your other demands can be met by the hotel.

We lucked out and got the Hyatt Summerfield near the airport on hotwire for $92 and that was during spring break, there were plenty of stores withing walking distance and they have a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port. It also has a free deluxe continental breakfast.

I agree with Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

http://*****.com/3g8fh9

1. 5 minute taxi ride to hotel

2. 20 minutes from airport

3. Bayside Marina is across the street

4. Liquor store is 3 blocks away

5. Breakfast across the street at Bayside Marketplace Latin American Cafe

6. Clean Rooms

7. Prices are probably the cheapest for downtown

This is where I stay whenever cruising out of Miami.

Judy

We are staying at LaQuinta Inn Miami Airport East. Rate is $99 for a Saturday night on the web. I got a $89 government rate. They have free shuttle from airport and to port. 1 mile from Airport I think Port is about 5 miles. I was told shuttle was free to port.....I will have to check on this still. Bennegins next door. Free Continental Breakfast Buffet. We stayed in a LaQuinta in Jacksonville last April and it was great. They had a pool and I was able to hang for a hour or so before we left for port.

Depends on when your cruise is. I couldn't get a room at the LaQuinta Airport East Miami for our January 2009 cruise. So I'm booked at the Holiday Inne at Bayside for 239.00 plus 17% tax. Is that cheap? I don't think so. And I'm from CT where EVERTHING is expensive.

Depends on when your cruise is. I couldn't get a room at the LaQuinta Airport East Miami for our January 2009 cruise. So I'm booked at the Holiday Inne at Bayside for 239.00 plus 17% tax. Is that cheap? I don't think so. And I'm from CT where EVERTHING is expensive.

u can get it for now $203..i ll be miami on the 10th..

We sat down at the Latin restaurant for a quick brew right after we checked into Intercontinental pre-cruise in December. Service was rude, place not too clean, but prices were good with tables overlooking the bay. After experiencing that service, we ate at the hotel instead for breakfast the morning of our cruise. Breakfast was pricey at the hotel, but it was all you can eat with excellent food and service. There is also a Chili's, Hooter's, and Bubba Gump's at the Bayside Marketplace where the Latin place is. The marketplace is a great place to spend a day before your cruise.

There are also several liquor stores, Starbucks, big Walgreens (lots of snacks and beverages here) within walking distance in the downtown area of Miami from where we stayed at Intercontinental (in addition to Bayside Marketplace). We took taxis from the airport to hotel and then hotel to pier without breaking the bank.

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/

http://www.baysidemarketplace.com/html/mallattractions.asp

I bid on Priceline and got Intercontinental hotel downtown for $89 plus taxes for our one night pre-cruise stay. Hope this helps.

In April I got the HI Bayside for $169 by booking directly with their site and using AAA. I thought that was a fairly good rate because they honored my request of two rooms next to each other and on a high floor facing the port.:D

u can get it for now $203..i ll be miami on the 10th..

I also found that price online BUT, They charge you for the room now, and IF you cancel the room for any reason, you lose your deposit, which is the 203.00. So I booked directly through the Holiday Inn and they have a 48 hour cancelation policy. SO I'll keep checking with LaQuinta through the summer and see if something opens up for my January date.

There were a few mentions of the cuban breakfast at Bayshore. What types of things are on the menu? Is everything hot/spicy?

Cuban coffee is ...... interesting. VERY strong. They come around in lunch wagons and serve it in little cups. Worth a try if you like really strong coffee. Gotta put in sugar to cut the taste and I use some cream. I dont use sugar for regular coffee. Its about 20 times stronger than regular coffee, a real rush of caffeine, hahahahhahaha

PS Im sure they will also serve regular coffee as well.

I bid on Priceline and got Intercontinental hotel downtown for $89 plus taxes for our one night pre-cruise stay. Hope this helps.

Intercontinental...$89...WOW. That's a beautiful hotel and so convenient to Bayshore. Thanks for the info.

Archived