When should I order the Balcony Breakfast?

sharp_cruiser

I do not believe there are limits on the number of Balcony Breakfasts, as I believe there are on Ulimate Balcony Dining (they only do a certain number each night, is my understanding). And, I don't think you can pre-reserve one either. When you get on board, look in the book on the desk. I believe it's ordered through room service. We just did it in Tahiti and it was most enjoyable. I remember when we were in Alaska, I saw a lot of people having the UBB on the day of Glacier Bay. It looked fun.

the night before, just fill it out as to what you want and hang it on the door, they will be there with it and a small bottle of champange. Two of them will bring it as its a big order with lots of food. Its a nice touch in Tracy Arm, but a bit cool on the balcony. You can always have it sit up in the room and then just go back and forth to your food and the balcony. There is a hot dish that you would want to eat right away. Its worth the $32 they charge, you are there for vacation and treat yourself. buck

the night before, just fill it out as to what you want and hang it on the door, they will be there with it and a small bottle of champange. Two of them will bring it as its a big order with lots of food. Its a nice touch in Tracy Arm, but a bit cool on the balcony. You can always have it sit up in the room and then just go back and forth to your food and the balcony. There is a hot dish that you would want to eat right away. Its worth the $32 they charge, you are there for vacation and treat yourself. buck

What kind of food do they usually serve? I will be on the Diamond. You are soo right about treating ourselves on vacation! :)

We did the balcony breakfast on our Western Caribbean cruise in February and were very disappointed. You get lox, quiche, a small salad w/a piece of crab meat on it, juice coffee, & sweet rolls. We substituted Eggs Benedict for the lox and requested sausage & tea. I received some push back from the person taking the order, who did not speak very good English, on my substitutions.

The Eggs benedict was dried out, the piece of crab had seen better days, we never received the sausage or tea. We would have been better off requesting continental breakfast (all you can get in a standard balcony room) and gone up to the buffet for the other stuff.

My DH, who loves breakfast out, was extremely disappointed. We were used to Celebrity's full breakfast menu for all cabins and the food came hot & fresh & free.

We did the balcony breakfast on our Western Caribbean cruise in February and were very disappointed. You get lox, quiche, a small salad w/a piece of crab meat on it, juice coffee, & sweet rolls. We substituted Eggs Benedict for the lox and requested sausage & tea. I received some push back from the person taking the order, who did not speak very good English, on my substitutions.

The Eggs benedict was dried out, the piece of crab had seen better days, we never received the sausage or tea. We would have been better off requesting continental breakfast (all you can get in a standard balcony room) and gone up to the buffet for the other stuff.

My DH, who loves breakfast out, was extremely disappointed. We were used to Celebrity's full breakfast menu for all cabins and the food came hot & fresh & free.

This is the first time I think I have read where someone thought the Balcony Breakfast wasn't what it should be. Maybe the kitchen was having a real bad morning? I hope you called and talked to someone about the food being so disappointing? If it was as bad as you say, I would have definitely voiced a complaint.

I know, it is tough not being able to order a full breakfast to be delivered from room service like other lines allow. I really miss that option on Princess since they have done away with it.

On our last cruise (not Princess -- sorry! :p ) our butler told us he would bring eggs benedict if that's what we wanted, but he really didn't recommend it. As a graduate of culinary school, he was quite emphatic that the hollandaise simply wouldn't be "proper" in the time it took to get it to our cabin. Perhaps this was part of the problem?

Archived