Charlie Palmer's new menu items

Martita B.

Oh, I thought flaming had been forbidden in most ships due to risk of fire.

There will probably be a night in which the chefs will make a flambee spectacle up on deck. They also prepared a special flambee dessert for me in the dining room. Although fire could be a concern, the Restaurant has a very sensitive and powerful sprinkler system as someone else can attest.;) Hopefully CP's new menu contains a few new flaming desserts.

On the Legend crossing in April the Sky Grill Dinners were a HUGE hit. I was waitlisted and never got to experience it yet! :mad: :( :rolleyes:

The hotel manager may add an additional Sky Grill dinner if enough people ask (weather permitting). How many were offered on the crossing?

johnny

Dan

Upon boarding the Pride in Dec. make a request to Felipe (Maitre'D) that you would like to make Sky Grill reservations. The Sky Bar dining is a high light in the Caribbean ~~especially during Dec. You may even experience viewing a green flash ! One year Geir-Arne kept us on our toers and we saw 2 flashes!

MB

Dan

Upon boarding the Pride in Dec. make a request to Felipe (Maitre'D) that you would like to make Sky Grill reservations. The Sky Bar dining is a high light in the Caribbean ~~especially during Dec. You may even experience viewing a green flash ! One year Geir-Arne kept us on our toers and we saw 2 flashes!

MB

Martha,

Thanks for the suggestion.. Will do!

I've seen the "green flash" many times, and am always awestruck by it! :)

Host Dan

I agree Matt, very popular. It was offered on one cruise, and a large group booked every seat before anyone else had a chance... :(

Host Dan

I think/know Sky Bar dining will be very popular with new seating arrangement at times when it`s warm enough to enjoy in comfort. It has to be a grill bar to avoid any confusion with 2 :)

I think/know Sky Bar dining will be very popular with new seating arrangement at times when it`s warm enough to enjoy in comfort. It has to be a grill bar to avoid any confusion with 2 :)

Unlike some others on this board, we are not too keen on this new dining option. The waiters start setting up for the Sky Bar grill rather early in the evening, when we still enjoy the sunset, the atmosphere and the remaining people around the Sky Bar. We're not in a hurry to get ready for dinner. Most of the times we're the last to leave the deck, or at least my husband is, when I sometimes chose to attend a party.

But this is just an opinion, I know some others feel the same way. We think these quiet hours just before sunset are the nicest to enjoy the peace and quietness!

Marja

>"The waiters start setting up for the Sky Bar grill rather early in the evening, when we still enjoy the sunset, the atmosphere and the remaining people around the Sky Bar."

I agree with you, Marja. It's also annoying when the lunch set up starts so early, too.

Jane

>"The waiters start setting up for the Sky Bar grill rather early in the evening, when we still enjoy the sunset, the atmosphere and the remaining people around the Sky Bar."

I agree with you, Marja. It's also annoying when the lunch set up starts so early, too.

Jane

work is the curse of the drinking classes. :)

Hi Paul,

I don't think the other lady is CeeJay11! That's Carol isn't it? And this was another lady. But you're right, it could have been her.

Marja

I contacted Carol (Ceejay11) and indeed, it is her! She said the photo must have been taken on the 2006 November crossing...

Host Dan

I contacted Carol (Ceejay11) and indeed, it is her! She said the photo must have been taken on the 2006 November crossing...

Host Dan

This is so funny, because I know for a fact it isn't Carol! This picture was taken on the Legend Christmas cruise (2007-2008) and Carol was not on it!

But like I said, it could have been her.

Have a wonderful weekend all!

Marja

Archived