Charlie Palmer's new menu items

Martita B.

I just read in the new issue of Virtuoso Insight magazine that Charlie Palmer has added 150 NEW exotic menu items ~~ The new

culinary changes are now available in all venues across the Seabourn's fleet.:p

Martita B.

I just read in the new issue of Virtuoso Insight magazine that Charlie Palmer has added 150 NEW exotic menu items ~~ The new

culinary changes are now available in all venues across the Seabourn's fleet.:p

Martita B.

Thats great news Martita! Thanks! :D

Host Dan

A couple of items the article mentioned, Malossol caviar, seared beef carpaccio with sesame vinaigrette, jumbo prawn , butter-poached.

I particularly enjoy the food our Seabourn Chefs create and serve ~~ when they "verve" a 'lit from Charlie's menu.:p

Martita B.

Hi Martita,

Capt G-A sends his regards, as does Capt Toenis. Just back from 18 days on Spirit where Capt G-A left in Athens and Capt T joined. The Charlie Palmer menu is enhanced nicely. Good thing, as I had been going more and more to the classic menu when I couldn't find anything I liked. This time there was often multiple things I wanted, making it harder to choose.

However, Chef Willy does a fabulous menu in 2 and can show off his culinary talents there for those of us that want an occasional change.

L

Bob

Thanks! Next time I see you I'll give you a kiss on the cheek!:p

As I was pleased to read of new menu items I did want to share with CC Sailor's ~~

It's so hot in West Texas and I know Dallas must be steaming!:eek:

Martita B.

It seems as if we had many new items on the Pride as we sailed around SA. I think one of our cooking classes was the seared beef carpaccio. And I find that their jumbo prawns never are.I don't remember 'Lobster, Lobster, Lobster' for example. But mostly it was just tweaking the usual menu items. That's not wrong, just didn't seem too drastic. But then, we are often such creatures of habit and we don't want drastic on Seabourn. (At least I don't).

I am almost there. Four days to go.....SLEEPLESS :-)

As a firstcomer, I don´t mind, if I will have the new treats on the Pride. I haven´t tried the former ones, which I am sure they will be absolutely delightful.

I am a sweet tooth myself. Any suggestion about the most exquisite desserts on board?. What shouldn´t I miss?.

>"Any suggestion about the most exquisite desserts on board?. What shouldn't I miss?."

You can always order two desserts, so you shouldn't miss much. I enjoy the sorbets and cheese plates myself.

Any suggestion about the most exquisite desserts on board?. What shouldn´t I miss?.

The treo of dark, white and milk chocolate creme brulees with the white and dark chocolate ice cream bonbons on formal night are heavenly.

On lobster, lobster, lobster night, they had chocolate, chocolate, chocolate for dessert. A double triple!! YUM!!!! :D :D :D

Honestly, there is not a bad dessert on the menu, and always something for everyone! Cookies at the skybar can be habit forming, so beware...

L

Pastry Chef Josef on the Pride is truly a "dessert master!"

For a special occasion ask the Assn. Maitre'D to come and prepare Strawberries Madagascar tableside~~ (a couple of days notice) Best dessert I've ever eaten!:p

Have a great time!

Martita B.

keltic,

At the Galley Market luncheon after the Cruise Director introduces all the Chef's and the bar Staff it's fun to go back into the Galley and bring out the Pastry Chef to your table ~~~for his much deserved "thanks" and applause! I also invite my "Soup Man" to come as well......these hard working Chefs so appreciate being reconized ~~:p (I mention to the Maitre'D that I'm going back to bring them out ~~he enjoys it too) The smiles on their faces are unforgettable!

Martita B.

I never heard of Strawberries Madagascar, and went looking on Google. Nothing listed in Epicurious. is this similar to what you are referring?

>"Strawberries Madagascar: Warm fresh strawberry and green peppercorn syrup over vanilla ice cream"

Sounds intriguing.

Jane,

You're right! The desert is prepared flaming, tableside ~~the Assn. Maitre'D uses fresh strawberries and green peppercorns.......does not sound very appetizing but it's truly delicious and a masterpiece! We always request at least 2 day's in advance.

MB

Oh, I thought flaming had been forbidden in most ships due to risk of fire. I do miss my Bake Alaska in most lines, which was served beautifully with flares as the lights were off. Mount Vesubius was called in Costa.

The mixture of pepper and fruits sounds intriguing and really interesting.

Just one question. In case someone doesn´t want to dress for dinner, if the Veranda Café open for informal dinner, or I would have to order it in my cabin?.

Oh, I thought flaming had been forbidden in most ships due to risk of fire. I do miss my Bake Alaska in most lines, which was served beautifully with flares as the lights were off. Mount Vesubius was called in Costa.

The mixture of pepper and fruits sounds intriguing and really interesting.

Just one question. In case someone doesn´t want to dress for dinner, if the Veranda Café open for informal dinner, or I would have to order it in my cabin?.

No you may on most occasions dine in 2 (Veranda evening):)

No you may on most occasions dine in 2 (Veranda evening):)

At night, the Veranda, aka '2' can be booked ahead, because several of their themed nights are very popular. So, at the last minute, it might not be available. That being said, a phone call can determne if they can accommodate you on short notice. Some evenings, the Sky Bar is open for dinner, too. I have never seen that venue booked up, but it's quite popular. I am very fond of dinner in my suite, but always have the whole thing delivered at one time, I don't need the staff to make several trips. (Unless it's a special occasion, and I am still waiting for one of those.....)

Not to worry, you will be well take care of.

As Jane mentioned The Sky Grill dinners (weather permitting) are casual and very nice ~~steak and lobster on the grill! These dinners are listed in the daily Herald. Just call the pursers for a reservation. Open air dining in the evenings are always enjoyable.

Especially now with the new teak tables ands chairs.

Have a fabulous time on the beautiful white Pride Castle ~~

Bon Voyage:p

Martita B.

I will do my very best, Martita. For the moment I am trying to cope with flying. The worst part of cruises. Just with pill on board and a glass of wine makes me stay a bit quiter on the plane.

A bit of flying paranoid. Shame on me :-(

Some evenings, the Sky Bar is open for dinner, too. I have never seen that venue booked up, but it's quite popular.

On the Legend crossing in April the Sky Grill Dinners were a HUGE hit. I was waitlisted and never got to experience it yet! :mad: :( :rolleyes:

Matt

Your next sailing simply tell the Maitre'D to add your reservation for the Sky Grill dinners ~~he'll contact you and you'll be assured a table. I often host small tables (usually 6/8 guests) and the Officer's certainly enjoy being able to dine out in the fresh ocean air after working all day inside.

By the way, do try dining at The Pillars Hotel, Ft Laud. The restaurant, "The Secret Garden" is fabulous!:D

Martita B.

On the Legend crossing in April the Sky Grill Dinners were a HUGE hit. I was waitlisted and never got to experience it yet! :mad: :( :rolleyes:

I agree Matt, very popular. It was offered on one cruise, and a large group booked every seat before anyone else had a chance... :(

Host Dan

Archived