duty free store -port canveral

I do not believe that any RC cruise terminal in the 48 contiguous United States has any shopping, including alcohol.

I think you're right, but I do remember purchasing from duty free before boarding the Sovereign on my first cruise in Miami........................ many years ago. Purchases were brought to the ship and had to be picked before departure.

I am not a seasoned traveler but you would think that there would be duty free shops in Port Canaveral for our foreign visitors. Of course this is just my opinion and not necessarily those who seen to know what they are talking about. :eek:

I am not a seasoned traveler but you would think that there would be duty free shops in Port Canaveral for our foreign visitors. Of course this is just my opinion and not necessarily those who seen to know what they are talking about. :eek:

Why would foreign visitors be able to buy duty free in this country?

Nope no duty free shops at any of the piers that I've sailed from on the mainland.

Even in San Juan, people are reporting that they now scan you after you've checked in and confiscate any liquor purchases made in the duty free shop as well. This is fine if you are just buying liquor to take home, but most people buying liquor at the duty free stores precruise are buying it to consume on the cruise.

I don't know that is why I asked. Why are there duty free shops in our airports?

The airport shops are not limited to foreign visitors. Anyone who is traveling can purchase in them. The only point of my question was, if there are shops at the ports, why would they be available to only one group of traveelers and not another?

The airport shops are not limited to foreign visitors. Anyone who is traveling can purchase in them. The only point of my question was, if there are shops at the ports, why would they be available to only one group of traveelers and not another?

I am curious too because when I brought my Connecticut relatives to the airport in New Orleans, pre Hurricane Katrina, we went into one of the shops to buy some items for them to take home. The clerk asked if they were foreigners because she noticed the last name on their boarding passes (last name Sterpka - Slovenia origin). My cousin said "no" and asked why. The clerk said if their passports or other documents showed they were not U.S. Citizens they could get their merchandise at "duty-free" prices. Something that always stayed with me like a nagging little nat. :eek:

Archived