Aqua or Aft must decide today

bahi

Have the Aft c1 booked for Solstice 11/30 sailing but still considering the Aqua if the balcony is not any larger. Anyone out their think it will be the bigger balcony aft?? I've looked at the pictures at the shipyard and I can't tell.

Thank You for any info

MB

I usually do afts, but have an Aqua booked for next year for Equinox. Nobody seems to know for sure about the afts on Solstice, but people who have looked at the pictures seem skeptical they are going to be much bigger than the side balconies. Aqua seems to have some great perks at a very reasonable cost so I want to cash in on them before they become more expensive.

I'm several hours late in seeing this thread, so you may have already made your decision, but my recommendation is Aqua Class. I've stared at the under-construction pictures of Solstice long and hard, and I do NOT see any increase in balcony size on the aft cabins, unlike so many other ships. The only extended balconies I can see seem to be the hump cabins on the angle, and you can get those in Aqua Class (if any are left). But don't sue me if I'm wrong! It's all just guessing right now.

I also booked Aqua Class, as I think right now it offers some significant benefits for an amazing bargain.

Crusted Rack of Lamb in Blu for Aqua Class. I am not Aqua and I hope I can find it somewhere on the ship. X makes incredible Rack of Lamb.

Or you could just pay the premium to dine in Blu as a specialty restaurant! :) I must say I'm looking forward to that rack of lamb as well...

I wonder why I didn't know that was an option (to dine in Blu as a specialty restaurant). Is it true?

Yes, it is true! Blu will be considered a specialty restaurant, and WILL be open to non AQ pax for an additional fee (rumored to be $30), by reservation, provided space is available. I've read that there will be at least a few seats left open for non-AQ pax...and there will usually be seats available due to AQ pax eating in other venues. We expect to eat a good half of our dinners in the other specialty restaurants, and since AQ pax get priority specialty restaurant reservations, I'm sure there will frequently be space available.

After looking at pictures reading every post I could find changed and went with Aqua. Been on aft with Royal and loved it but with these prices have to try it. I might never be able to afford it again.

Thank you to everybody Cruise Critic. Over the years I have learned so much.

Thanks again I'm very excited about this cruise my first on Celebrity.

MB

I wonder why I didn't know that was an option (to dine in Blu as a specialty restaurant). Is it true?

Its a poor option IMHO since Blu will be the dining room assigned to Aqua Class, and I am assuming for the most part those cabin guests will be there the majority of the time.

It is being marketed as available for open to others if there are openings, but there is no real method described in order for that to happen.

I personally think much of this marketing is based on the 7 day itin and there are a bunch of guests right now who want to see this ship and will venture out to try many of the other attractive venues on board.

I think it X sticks to 7 nights for this ship it will be a modified freestyle type dining environment.

If X is sending their best wait staff to the main dining room for Solstice introduction, they ought to be supplementing their income since I think that main dining room staff will get stiffed by cruisers the recommended amount because the other venues will be a rubber-neckers delight and will be opted for just for fun.

On a 7 night with these dining options you can bet I am going to see and do as much as I can.

I will go where the Lamb is. I am like that.:)

Nothing but a bunch of sheep... follow the leader....;)

Did you get the AQ behind the hump rather than towards the front... there may be a noise issue from above...

Ok kiddo. If we cruise together ever at any time, you and I go find the lamb and break bread together. Deal?

You got it! And I'll even share some of my smuggled-on-board wine with you. :D

I have to agree that Blu will not have the same availability as the other specialty restaurants. But I think that due to all the other dining venues, if you really want to dine there you'll be able to get in. I'm definitely curious how they intend to handle this - how will they always know what seats will be available? Will they coordinate restaurant reservations, so they'll know that if we're eating in Murano one night, then our assigned seats in Blu will be open? Perhaps they'll ask AQ pax to keep the Blu Maitre'd informed of our dining plans? I'm really curious!

I didn't get a hump cabin - I'm right below the pool area. But I'm not too worried about noise. I sleep with earplugs, and I don't expect to spend much time in the cabin during the day.

Wind is the same no matter what balcony. If the Carribean I'd like to think of it as a Breeze, if a Hurricane, then that's adventure.:)

Actually aft cabins have the least wind as the ship generally shields most of the wind.

I did book an Aqua "hump" cabin hoping it will have a somewhat larger balcony; but the perks with Aqua seem so good that I will be happy even if the balcony is no different than non humps.

Yes, it is true! Blu will be considered a specialty restaurant, and WILL be open to non AQ pax for an additional fee (rumored to be $30), by reservation, provided space is available. I've read that there will be at least a few seats left open for non-AQ pax...and there will usually be seats available due to AQ pax eating in other venues. We expect to eat a good half of our dinners in the other specialty restaurants, and since AQ pax get priority specialty restaurant reservations, I'm sure there will frequently be space available.
Blu has a rumored $30 fee for non AQ pax. Any word on whether AQ pax will be able to carry their Blu "credit" over to other specialty restaurants?

Wind is the same no matter what balcony. If the Carribean I'd like to think of it as a Breeze, if a Hurricane, then that's adventure.:)

Glass half full, I like it!;)

But I am not sure whether or not to switch!:D

I did book an Aqua "hump" cabin hoping it will have a somewhat larger balcony; but the perks with Aqua seem so good that I will be happy even if the balcony is no different than non humps.

I was also looking at the hump, but since we don't want to be under the pooldeck and don't like the overhang, I decided to play sure and go for an AC cabin in the forward part, under the acupuncture.

Archived