Aqua or Aft must decide today

bahi

This picture (warning its large and took forever to load on my PC) shows the lack of overhang on the forward Aquaspa cabins:

http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/8/s%20675_engine_pr_mg_0742.jpg

We are in the vicinity under the retail / hair salon area.

I saw this picture this morning and I'm glad it confirms my presumption. We don't like the overhang (it's a personal choice) and therefore booked a cabin under the acupuncture room.

I saw this picture this morning and I'm glad it confirms my presumption. We don't like the overhang (it's a personal choice) and therefore booked a cabin under the acupuncture room.

Just the opposite for us, we switched from under the acupuncture room because it didn't have an overhang :) We are now in one of the angled balcony cabins on the other side (1552) which looks like the last balcony to have an overhang. Either way, we are fine. It's just sometimes it gets too hot to sit on the balcony without the overhang. I get enough sun here in South Florida.

enjoy,

Duane

Does anyone have any ideas about the SV balconies at the aft - again the deckplan doesn't show big balconies which to me is the whole point of a SV. Has any one got pics of these please?

According to the pictures (thanks to Andreas Depping), they don't seem to have the larger balconies :

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=86&pos=14

Just the opposite for us, we switched from under the acupuncture room because it didn't have an overhang :) We are now in one of the angled balcony cabins on the other side (1552) which looks like the last balcony to have an overhang. Either way, we are fine. It's just sometimes it gets too hot to sit on the balcony without the overhang. I get enough sun here in South Florida.

enjoy,

Duane

Duane: Is that an Aqua Spa Cabin? We are on deck 9 in one of the angled balcony cabins (1A). I wonder if the balcony is larger for this class. There are 1A cabins on a lot of decks and they were all more expensive.

Does anyone else know anything about the 1A cabins?

Marion

Duane: Is that an Aqua Spa Cabin? We are on deck 9 in one of the angled balcony cabins (1A). I wonder if the balcony is larger for this class. There are 1A cabins on a lot of decks and they were all more expensive.

Does anyone else know anything about the 1A cabins?

Marion

I booked a 1A cabin as a first choice near the aft instead of the SV. Check out the size of the balcony for cabins #8343 and #8334. Looks like an extended balcony for sure...I hope it is. What do you think?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/deck.do;jsessionid=0000Sdz1Mc0ha6EY8kvqh7kN6Zj:12h3rnd1c?shipCode=SL&deckCode=VS&sailDate=1081123

Maybe its just me, but the pics of the angled balconies (1a) on the hump, appear to be much larger than they are in reality. Based upon the windows in those pics, I think there are two cabins to each "partition". They still may be a bit bigger (I have a feeling deeper), but not as big as they look in the pics.

Also, the aft cabins look to be much deeper to me from the aft pictures from the side. Again, maybe its just me, but they sure look that way.

Anyone concerned about booking one of the SV rooms or hump rooms since many of them are connecting rooms? That has me a bit worried.

Hi, all.. Never sailed with a balcony before. Our Feb 1 sailing on Solstice will be our first and we're considering a sunset veranda cabin. Can someone tell me if cabins at the back of the ship experience considerably more noise than a midship cabin? Are aft balconies any more or less private than midship? My sweetie LOVES staring off the back rail at the wake, so I thought the aft cabin with balcony would be great, but if the noise is going to be too much, I'll book a balcony cabin midship. Any thoughts? Thanks!

We've been on the Summit in one of the very large aft balcony cabins - 7203 - just a few months before they raised the aft balconys to CC class and added about $250 a person to the cost. If you read these threads you soon realize that the aft balcony craze is spread over all Cruise lines. I really think if the aft balconys on the Solstice ships were larger -even by a few square feet, Celebrity would be charging a nice premium. I'm about to book a SV on the Equinox for spring 2010 and I truely believe 99% of the balconys are the exact same size - That won't matter to us - the solitude of the back of the ship, especially in the Caribbean is wonderful & usually very quiet.

• 1 month later...
Sorry to revive a dead thread :p.

We just switched to AC 1547 due to the new pics on line now. Anyone else switch?:)

Just out of curiosity - what exactly made you switch?

I booked AC right away - but I recently switched to a "hump" cabin based on the recent pics. :)

I have not switched but the balcony for your cabin looks massive!

Thanks! We thought so too. We got spoiled on a Millie PH CC bigger balcony.;)

Leejnd4, we switched because the balcony looked soooooo nice and big.:)

Thanks! We thought so too. We got spoiled on a Millie PH CC bigger balcony.;)

Leejnd4, we switched because the balcony looked soooooo nice and big.:)

I just took a closer look at your post and realized you switched to 1547...we switched to 1549, for the same reason! :)

We booked a SV aft only because the AC class was sold out. Even though the balconies are probably not much bigger than the sides, you still get the wake and a different point of view. We always pick aft if we can. The angle of the aft is also stronger so people cannot look down on you as strong.

The rooms should be about the same, except the shower heads, music and aromatherapy. But I always bring my own ipod, aromatherapy and docking station so I can have my own music. As far a Blu restaurant, Celebrity has said other categories can eat there later in the cruise after the AC ventures out.

Either way, you cannot go wrong on the Solstice.

Happy cruising,

Mike

Maybe its just me, but the pics of the angled balconies (1a) on the hump, appear to be much larger than they are in reality. Based upon the windows in those pics, I think there are two cabins to each "partition". They still may be a bit bigger (I have a feeling deeper), but not as big as they look in the pics.

Also, the aft cabins look to be much deeper to me from the aft pictures from the side. Again, maybe its just me, but they sure look that way.

Anyone concerned about booking one of the SV rooms or hump rooms since many of them are connecting rooms? That has me a bit worried.

I booked a 1A hump cabin and the balconies appear to be a bit larger than the 2A cabins. They also cost more, why charge more if they aren't giving you anything additional for the money? Guess we will have to wait until November to find out.

I always worry about Celebrity aft cabins. Often the aft cabins have a bad vibration, has anyone found that to be the case?

Marion

Solstice sailing - November 30, 2008

Why does everyone enjoy Aft cabins?

In many cases, due to the design of a ship, aft cabins have larger balconies than other cabins in the same category. Unfortunately this is not true on Solstice class - according to the photos, the aft balconies are not extended as they are on so many other ships.

Some people also prefer aft cabins because they enjoy looking out over the wake - or because when you are underway there is less wind, so you can be more comfortable on your balcony when at sea. I have been lucky to get an extended aft cabin on RCI Voyager a couple years ago, and for the same price as other cabins on the side of the ship, I got an ENORMOUS balcony. It was so huge and quiet that my teenage son slept out there on the lounger a couple nights. :)

I chose my cabin on Equinox because it is among the few on that ship where the balcony is larger than the rest, because of the location of the cabin (it's at an angled location, so the outer edge of the balcony extends outwards, giving more floor space on the balcony.)

No, it's not just you. I am not sold about how big the angled balconies are either. As Marion said, we'll have to wait until November. No one really knows until we have reviews back from the first group of passengers. We can all wish, and suppose and study those photos until we're blurry eyed BUT only time will tell, along with some first hand experiences.

We booked a SV aft only because the AC class was sold out. Even though the balconies are probably not much bigger than the sides, you still get the wake and a different point of view. We always pick aft if we can. The angle of the aft is also stronger so people cannot look down on you as strong.

The rooms should be about the same, except the shower heads, music and aromatherapy. But I always bring my own ipod, aromatherapy and docking station so I can have my own music. As far a Blu restaurant, Celebrity has said other categories can eat there later in the cruise after the AC ventures out.

Either way, you cannot go wrong on the Solstice.

Happy cruising,

Mike

Something tells me I won't be spending much time in our cabin anyway. Knowing me I will have trouble finding my way back to the cabin and will be roaming all around the ship. As soon as I find my way around it will be time to get off. Well, a good reason to book another cruise on the Solstice. The ship does look fairly easy to navigate, what do you think? I see I will be doing a lot of walking, good way to keep slim and trip with all the good X food.

Marion

No, it's not just you. I am not sold about how big the angled balconies are either. As Marion said, we'll have to wait until November. No one really knows until we have reviews back from the first group of passengers. We can all wish, and suppose and study those photos until we're blurry eyed BUT only time will tell, along with some first hand experiences.

I booked over 6 months ago 4 aft cabins-9301/9303/9305/9307 thinking they were going to be big, deep balconies...but after seeing the pic below, I don't think I will be happy with the back...they look like average size balconies, not to mention they are staggered so you can see below you, and they do not have really any covering (who knows if they will add anything), but I am not looking to fry in the sun. So I was lucky enough to get 4 angled balconies-1243/1245/1247/1249, and as you can see the balconies look significantly deeper. I hope I made the right choice.

http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/8/celebrity%20sostice/ausdocken/s675_hires.jpg

I booked over 6 months ago 4 aft cabins-9301/9303/9305/9307 thinking they were going to be big, deep balconies...but after seeing the pic below, I don't think I will be happy with the back...they look like average size balconies, not to mention they are staggered so you can see below you, and they do not have really any covering (who knows if they will add anything), but I am not looking to fry in the sun. So I was lucky enough to get 4 angled balconies-1243/1245/1247/1249, and as you can see the balconies look significantly deeper. I hope I made the right choice.

http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/8/celebrity%20sostice/ausdocken/s675_hires.jpg

I too am banking on the angled cabins having deeper decks. I've got 1549, which I thought would be above your 1249, but it turns out yours is on the hump angle, and mine's on the forward angle. Mine is equivalent to 1077 on your deck. Your balconies look even deeper than mine! But if I'm looking at this picture right, it does look like mine will have a deeper balcony than standard, so that's what I'm counting on.

Of course, that's assuming the artist rendering of the deck layout is accurate, and the numbers really do line up with the angles, the way they show them. The deck plans show that there are two cabins on the forward angle - I'll be a bit bummed if I get there and learn that it's really the two cabins before or after mine!

Archived