Aqua or Aft must decide today

bahi

LeeAnne:

I think they're great shots (thanks Gitte).

You took a picture of my cabin choice # 8228 on the "angle" in the hope that the balcony is larger.

Since all 1A cabins are the ones with an angled balcony, and the ones totally in the back (1 left, 1 right) on three decks, where the aft part is wider, I think the odds for a larger balcony are good. And so for all angled balconies, but that's just my observation.

Thanks for postings these pictures' date=' Leejnd4. These are the forward hump cabins (left is forward ship). There are 2 angled AC balconies on each side, like you can see on the deckplans (port side under the Aquaspa cafe, starboard side on the edge of the Solarium) [/Quote']

Thanks for this!!! Somehow I missed the forward angled cabins. Just not paying attention, I guess. None of the hump angled cabins were available on my cruise...but I JUST this second managed to snag 1549! YAAAY! I was in 1593, which is not angled, and it's under the pool. Now I'm in an angled cabin, under the Aquaspa cafe!

Have I said lately how much I love Cruise Critic??? :D

Thanks for this!!! Somehow I missed the forward angled cabins. Just not paying attention, I guess. None of the hump angled cabins were available on my cruise...but I JUST this second managed to snag 1549! YAAAY! I was in 1593, which is not angled, and it's under the pool. Now I'm in an angled cabin, under the Aquaspa cafe!

Have I said lately how much I love Cruise Critic??? :D

You're welcome, and congratulations with your booking.;)

Little Brittain - Having stared at those construction photos, I cannot see any aft balconies that look ANY larger than the standard. Look at the shots, you'll see what I mean. DON'T trust the "plans" or drawings.

Hi,

This is what I was looking at

6302 sure looks bigger to me! And this picture by Gitte seems to show that the metal work doesn't seem to intrude. I think I'll take a risk. The length of that wall on that bottom right cabin sure seems a longer length to, say, the cabin 2 decks up in the middle of the shot......

549572686_Equinoxaft.jpg.b4096e6b904acee65a63d235955f4118.jpg

274627755_gittesolsticeaft.jpg.32c464f8d45e47784c0e507f84adb254.jpg

Hi,

This is what I was looking at

It sure looks bigger to me!

You're right, it does in the drawings - but again, I've been told over and over that you really can't trust the drawings.

Lemme go dig through the photos and see if I can come up with one that shows that area of the ship...maybe that will give us an answer. Oh wait...you added a photo - looks promising! I'd go for it.

LeeAnne: I'm with you: shop around. Also: I selected 9366.

My next big concern: There'd better be pizza on this ship! LOLOL

We currently have 2108 booked on Equinox. My TA contacted me and said 9366 was available and appeared to have a larger balcony...would I like it? I turned it down because I am concerned with the way the balcony "juts" out, it will catch all the wind. 2108 is on the backward part of the hump on Resort Deck...hope I made a good decision sticking with it.

BTW, ours will be a transatlantic, so that's why I was more concerned with wind.

Jo-Ann

I'm working on it too....have to get my bearings..this might be it or not...

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=86&pos=3

Okay I just looked through all the photos in that album, and the one you linked to is definitely the forward angle cabins...on my side too! So THANKS...that's a shot of my new cabin! It's so hard to tell from photos, but it definitely looks like it's got an extended balcony. It looks like the ones closest to the outside corner - i.e. 1547 instead of 1549 - look to have the biggest balconies, but it still looks like 1549's balcony is bigger than the norm. It does have the overhang, but then so do all the AQ cabins. Whatever - I'm happy! :D

Thanks Jo-Ann (fellow Jerseyite!!)...I'm not really too concerned w/wind....frankly, I've never experienced it on a balcony....but maybe I've never "jutted out?".....well, if there's wind, I guess we could just stay back a bit in the "non-jutting" part, right? LOL. Yeah, I would think that the balcony would be a little bigger b/c it corners out. But what's so weird is that all the cabins in that row are CC and then the last cabin aft is not...it's 1A I think, yet it has a particularly large balcony (larger than the CC's on that deck b/c it juts out there right after my 2nd to last cabin)...So, it appears to be a "better" cabin, yet a lower category..hmmm...I would've taken it, but I didn't want to give up the CC cabin.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your thoughts!!!

It does have the overhang, but then so do all the AQ cabins.

Leejnd4, according to the pictures and deck plans, the AC cabins from 1545 to forward, and 1550 to forward don't have an overhang. That's why we booked one under the acupuncture area.

Leejnd4' date=' according to the pictures and deck plans, the AC cabins from 1545 to forward, and 1550 to forward don't have an overhang. That's why we booked one under the acupuncture area.[/quote']

Wow...even better! I gotta go back and stare at these pictures. They get confusing after a while... :D

Wow...even better! I gotta go back and stare at these pictures. They get confusing after a while... :D

So that would mean the cabins on the hump still have the overhang. This is what - according to me - it will look like :

acbumpforwardrodelijnbt9.jpg

The cabins above the red line have no overhang (blue lines).

Hi all.

currently booked in 1535. We like being near the gym, Solarium pool and Aquaspa cafe so going towards the aft is out. Usually on the M class ships we pick the angled cabin that is under the T Pool area.

I noticed that cabin 1547 is available on our sailing. Hmmmm. We don't mind the overhang, actually enjoy it. This way I can always sit in the shade.

Anyway, I know it's anyone's guess, but what are your thoughts on 1547? It is angled so the balcony looks a bit bigger and it does have the overhang. But, it is under the Aquaspa cafe. On the M class we are under the T pool area, but not the cafe itself. I don't mind a little noise in the afternoon, just don't want to be woken up at 5:00 a.m. to a busting crew above. Since the cafe is not open from breakfast I assume that it won't be a problem.

The only reason we would want to change is the balcony size and the overhang. Right now we are under Acupuncture at Sea which I assume will be pretty quiet but doesn't seem to have an overhang.

Your thoughts?

thanks,

Duane

After booking 1537, and looking at the deck plans, we are wondering the same thing about 1547. We also do not mind the overhang and would really love it if the balcony was a little larger. Experts? Guessers?

Just curious, but it seems no one is booking the AQ cabins, 1621-1650, aft of the suites. Why?

We did. ;)

We were booked there but switched to be closer to the Solarium, the AquaSpa and the AquaSpa cafe. Nothing wrong with those rooms. That was our first pick! Very close to the pool and buffet.

Duane

Just curious, but it seems no one is booking the AQ cabins, 1621-1650, aft of the suites. Why?

We did. ;)

We were booked there but switched to be closer to the Solarium, the AquaSpa and the AquaSpa cafe. Nothing wrong with those rooms. That was our first pick! Very close to the pool and buffet.

Duane

Duane

1627 checking in...our agent said these were the best btw...good 1st choice

no she didn't...when i upgraded she was talking to a celebrity consultant that insisited on those rooms but the reason i never asked....i just figure it should be very quiet behind the suites and away from the elevators

So that would mean the cabins on the hump still have the overhang. This is what - according to me - it will look like :

acbumpforwardrodelijnbt9.jpg

The cabins above the red line have no overhang (blue lines).

This picture (warning its large and took forever to load on my PC) shows the lack of overhang on the forward Aquaspa cabins:

http://redaktion.meyer-neptun.de/exfiles/8/s%20675_engine_pr_mg_0742.jpg

We are in the vicinity under the retail / hair salon area.

Archived