bringing your own beverages

msd760

Yes, you can--although why you'd lug water is beyond me! The water on the ship is perfectly fine to drink--after all, everything you eat is wash or cooked or made with the water!

I agree with ya, but you've seen the threads about swollen ankles and bad taste related to drinking ship H2O :eek:

Water has been a okay with me on my last three cruises too! :D

my reason for asking was that i did have a problem with the ship's water on a different cruise line few years back. after 4 days of drinking it my ankles were swollen badly.

I carried a case of water on last month with no problem. As soon as I got on board I dropped it off outside my stateroom with a luggage tag on it. My wife thought I was crazy, but we drank every drop of water from that case of water. The ship's water was nasty to drink as it tasted horrible.

i was just wondering if you can bring a case a water or coke on carnival when your board

Here's Carnival's official policy, as posted on their web site, concerning bringing beverages aboard:

"All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation."

I do not know what Carnival considers as "excessive". I also don't know how strictly they enforce this policy. Perhaps recent Carnival cruisers can address this.

For those of you who have brought a case of water on board with you and just attached a luggage tag to it - weren't you worried that when they drop it at your stateroom door, some butthead walking in the hall would just pick it up and take it? That's my concern.

I am very, very picky when it comes to water, and it is all that I drink. I would like to know what Carnvial's policy is as well because I would bring a case if it were allowed...

Why haul the water and soda when the cruise line will do it for you. We simply pack a box with those items and put a luggage lable on it and send it through with the suitcases. No problem.

Carnival does not seem to be very strict with non-alcoholic beverages. Plus, they allow you to bring non-alcoholic beverages on board at each port.

For those of you who have brought a case of water on board with you and just attached a luggage tag to it - weren't you worried that when they drop it at your stateroom door, some butthead walking in the hall would just pick it up and take it? That's my concern.

I wasn't worried about this. They do the same with your luggage when it gets on board too. They just leave it outside your door. Anybody could come along and take your luggage just as easy. You also put your luggage outside your room the night before you disembark.

Plus, the most you would be out is about $5 if somebody did take the water. I took my water on and everything worked out great. It wasn't a hassle and like I said, as soon as I got on the ship dropped it off at my room.

If your room is being cleaned, ask one of the stewards if you can just drop the water off inside the room.

I always take water on board. I only like to drink water con gas. I don't like still water and I hate Perrier. I have taken multiple cases of water on board. give it to the porters with your cabin label affixed. On my next cruise of 46 days I will be taking on a LOT.

my reason for asking was that i did have a problem with the ship's water on a different cruise line few years back. after 4 days of drinking it my ankles were swollen badly.

So why does the ships water cause your ankels to swell up?

The type of box we use is similar in size to what a case of xerox paper comes in. It stores nicely under the bed.

At the end of the cruise, we can either dispose of it or use it as an extra suitcase for getting home. You can always borrow tape from someone on the ship.

So why does the ships water cause your ankels to swell up?

i'm currious too, what is in the water on the ship that makes your ankles swell??

This is arguable (and it has been :D ), but some people think that there's still salt in the water after it's treated. Personally, I think the swelling for most people is caused by the food. Most of us don't use salt anymore, but the chef's do :) !

My ankles also swell when I'm on a non-cruise vacation, so I can't blame the water.

We've always found the tap water on board to be fine.

Archived