Last minute savings??

We booked in LOS several months ago for an August sailing. Today on RCI's website we could get the same cruise, same cabin category for $100 less per person.

From your experience, do you usually get a better rate on a last minute bookings?

Thanks!

I believe it depends on the sail date.

When my boyfriend and I sailed in March everything was sold out before sales could come into effect.

I think you will see that sales and last minute deals will be offered from June/July-August/Septemeber due to hurricane season as the ships tend to not book up as quickly as say spring break or christmas time.

It all depends on how it is selling. BTW welcome and now get on the phone and call whomever you booked through and get your price reduction as long it is not for "new bookings only" as in they changed the price on the website, added senior or residency discounts you are entitled to that reduction. If you booked through a TA you will have to call them and hopefully they will honor price reductions.

We called recently and easily saved about $300 on a price drop. Just call RCI (if you booked through them) or your TA if you used one and ask for your rate to be adjusted. If you are past your final payment date (which is possible depending on when in August you are sailing), it is up to them whether they will give it to you, but I have heard lots of people say they have gotten price drops even after final payment, so it is worth a shot. Good Luck. By the way, we are in Apex.

We called recently and easily saved about $300 on a price drop. Just call RCI (if you booked through them) or your TA if you used one and ask for your rate to be adjusted. If you are past your final payment date (which is possible depending on when in August you are sailing), it is up to them whether they will give it to you, but I have heard lots of people say they have gotten price drops even after final payment, so it is worth a shot. Good Luck. By the way, we are in Apex.

RCCL will always gives the reduction even after final payment as long as they are NOT a promotion for new bookings only. I got my daughter two after final payment.

We booked in LOS several months ago for an August sailing. Today on RCI's website we could get the same cruise, same cabin category for $100 less per person.

From your experience, do you usually get a better rate on a last minute bookings?

Thanks!

We have seen it go both ways...savings for booking early OR for booking last minute.

Call your TA or the cruiseline (if you booked directly) and request the lower posted price.

D.

My experience with RCL is they do reduce the price more on last minute sailings, to often below what you could have booked the cruise when it first was released.

I book Carnival way in advance. On RCL I wait until the last few months to start watching for my deal. I did book ahead of time last fall on RCL and got two price drops, but I was locked into a category that was half way up, since I originally got two free categories upgrades. So I upgraded more and still got money back.

If you are flexible about the date and cabin, my advise is wait.

Thanks!

Since we cruise during the "off season" we usually get a better rate by booking a month or two before the sailing date. If you're not picky about having a particular stateroom I would suggest waiting to book until after final payment. That's when we're gotten the best deals in the past. Remember the cruise line wants you to book as early as possible.

Got off the phone with RCcL just 2 hours ago. Saw

a senior rate for my D1 booking on my July 2008 Navigator cruise.

Nice $400 credit coming my way. Final payment was in May.

It pays to check and call.

We have seen it go both ways...savings for booking early OR for booking last minute.

Call your TA or the cruiseline (if you booked directly) and request the lower posted price.

D.

You will not always get the lower price as I speak from first hand experience. If the lower price is for "new bookings only" you're out of luck.

Thanks for all the replies. I've learned so much since I discovered this group.

I booked this cruise online. If I try the "change the stateroom category" option, the prices are the same. The reduction shows when I try to do a new reservation. I'll give them a call, I've nothing to lose by asking. :)

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the replies. I've learned so much since I discovered this group.

I booked this cruise online. If I try the "change the stateroom category" option, the prices are the same. The reduction shows when I try to do a new reservation. I'll give them a call, I've nothing to lose by asking. :)

Thanks again!

Make sure you let us know how it turns out

Just had a 100.00 pp drop on my JS for the 9/20/08 last week. Nice savings of 200.00 thanks to a OP of a thread on CC:D Sometimes you can save close to sail date and sometimes farther out you just have to keep watching the prices. A couple months ago my 9/25 Canada cruise dropped 200.00 pp for JS so saved 400.00 so that was an early savings. In Oct. and June I've had great price drops on JS close to sailing date also especially in Oct. for the 5 night Bermuda:)

I would also be curious to find out how they factor in the fuel supplement charges. If they grant you the revised, lower price, will they apply the revised fuel supplement charges as well.

I was just onboard and was booking a future cruise. In the process I found that a September cruise that I had already booked was reduced in price. But the C&A Loyalty rep informed me that the increase in the fuel supplement since I booked would more than offset the savings I would receive.

I would also be curious to find out how they factor in the fuel supplement charges. If they grant you the revised, lower price, will they apply the revised fuel supplement charges as well.

I was just onboard and was booking a future cruise. In the process I found that a September cruise that I had already booked was reduced in price. But the C&A Loyalty rep informed me that the increase in the fuel supplement since I booked would more than offset the savings I would receive.

If you change categories that could apply, but for a straight price drop I have never heard of them changing the fuel supplement. Unfortunately, the LA's seem to give out erroneous info quite a bit.

If you change categories that could apply, but for a straight price drop I have never heard of them changing the fuel supplement. Unfortunately, the LA's seem to give out erroneous info quite a bit.

Iv seen this several times on the Carnival board too, reps wouldnt give the price drop without adding in the new fuel surcharge. Seems to me to be a policy the reps dont always do the same each time. Unfortunately, with C&A, once you get a answer, you are apt to get the same person if you call back, so it wouldnt help just to call back. yes, I saw this was a loyalty rep, but Im saying I still see answers both ways on this question.

Iv seen this several times on the Carnival board too, reps wouldnt give the price drop without adding in the new fuel surcharge. Seems to me to be a policy the reps dont always do the same each time. Unfortunately, with C&A, once you get a answer, you are apt to get the same person if you call back, so it wouldnt help just to call back.

Nope not on RCCL, Carnival has MUCH different policies. The onboard reps might not know all the exact rules but I have not heard of anyone being charged for a price drop on RCCL. I check all my clients cruises each morning and made about 10 price drops now (very new TA) and no one has given me any grief, straight price drop and refund to their credit card.

I just upgraded my January cruise that I booked before the fuel charge was increased to $8. I was told that as long as the reservation was the same date and same ship the fuel charge stays the same. If this applies a decrease in price should not affect the fuel charge.

Archived