A few easy Oceania questions

eknightley

Hi all,

I'm thrilled to be taking another Oceania cruise this July. It's been four years, and I've forgotten some details--plus a few changes have taken place! Here are my current questions:

1) Is herbal (decaffinated) tea readily available? Especially on the room service menu for breakfast?

2) Do all cabins have DVD players or just the special suites? If yes, are DVD's available for checkout? If not, how's the current movie selection?

Thanks for your help!

Emma

Hi all,

1) Is herbal (decaffinated) tea readily available? Especially on the room service menu for breakfast?

2) Do all cabins have DVD players or just the special suites? If yes, are DVD's available for checkout? If not, how's the current movie selection?

Thanks for your help!

Emma

I can only speak of Regatta

1) yes they have a few selections of Herbal decaffinated tea but if there is a specific kind you like you might want to bring some

I am not sure on the room service menu selection

2)In March they replaced all the TV's with flat screen tv & DVD players

..you could borrow DVD's from Reception they have a list in your stateroom.

I found most of them were older ones but a few new one were in the mix

Does anyone know if Nautica also has Flat screen TVs and DVD players in all cabins please?

We too were on the Nautica just recently and were in a cabin on Deck 7. We did not have flat screens but we did have a DVD which all Concierge cabins are entitled to.

Jennie

On my wish list, some classic movies in the DVD library- casablanca era. I enjoy those over and over, unlike many new releases, where once is enough. It would make it easier for O to maintain a film library too.

I seem to recall they did have some classic movies ..there were over 400 titles on the list (which I did not keep)

Maybe someone on an upcoming cruise will bring home the listings. ;)

Hi all,

I'm thrilled to be taking another Oceania cruise this July.

Emma

Hi Emma,

Which trip will you be on? I'm on the July 16 from London; are you going on that one too?

Jana

Hi Jana,

I'm on the July 16th cruise too, courtesy of a late reservation (early June) with help from a great travel agent! Luckily, we could still get a cabin for this trip with its very exciting itinerary. The ship is almost 100% full.

I was planning to say hello on the roll call soon--have just been incredibly busy with work and with getting the cruise essentials done, making plans for St. Petersburg, etc.

Do you think we will have a Cruise Critic meet and greet? Whether we do or not, would love to meet you--have enjoyed your articles. (Your puppy is adorable, btw!).

Does your trip begin on 7/15 or earlier?

Emma

Oh Emma, you know my secret ;) How did you figure that out?

I'm so excited to meet another late-comer like me. Yes, the ship is sold out! I think there's a porthole room and an inside left. We are so lucky!!! (I think a smallish group cancelled in late May which created the space.)

I offered on the roll call to set up a CC meet and greet but most of the people there seemed most interested in finding others for the private tours. I'll still be happy to do it if there's enough interest.

Are you going early? Where are you staying? I am staying after in Stockholm, hotel prices are so inexpensive for there at the end of July. Everything else might be expensive but with reasonable hotel rates and once we have the air, I figure it's a once-in-a-lifetime deal.

You can contact me at jana at sleeping-around dot com, I'd love to "chat!"

Jana

They installed flat screens and DVD players in all cabins on Nautica during the May 20 Istanbul to Athens Cruise. They had not set up a DVD lending system before we disembarked on June 2.

Robbie

Hi there!

Nice to get your response! I'll try to write to you during the weekend--thanks for sharing your address.

About finding your secret--as Jane Austen said, "Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence. . . ." Occasionally I share one out of her three qualities and do something clever!

Will be going into London a little early but departing Stockholm on the day we (sadly) have to leave the ship. Maybe you'll feel the same way after you after you take your first (?) Oceania cruise!

Emma

My second Oceania cruise, also second on Regatta.

Yes, very clever but I still don't get how you know. Was it something I said?

May I ask where you are staying in London?

Jana

Archived