Disney from Barcelona? Or other European port??

CruisinEurope

I've read reviews of a Disney cruise that did the Med and left out of (I believe) Barecelona.

Does ANYONE have any info on if/when they will do another Disney cruise from Europe???

Thanks! :confused:

Disney had a boat in the Med last year. I was scheduled for that one until an expected project came up canceling that plan last year :(

Nothing this year and from what I can tell nothing yet on 2009. Rumor is Disney has another ship in the works, perhaps then get a third one they will leave one permanently in Europe. The European cruise market is hot these days, but with that comes lots of ships chasing them cruisers

No plans for the next couple of years to do a European sailing. It really didn't sail all that well.

But, Disney does have 2 ships to come out after 2010 (I want to say 2011 and 2012), so we don't know what might happen.

No plans for the next couple of years to do a European sailing. It really didn't sail all that well.

But, Disney does have 2 ships to come out after 2010 (I want to say 2011 and 2012), so we don't know what might happen.

Now I'm curious, you said it didn't go well, I want to here more!!

How could Disney and Med not go well :confused:

In my opinion, the itineraries could have been better.

But really if you think about it, people go to europe to see the historical sites and younger children probably are not too interested in that. I can't really comment on how full the ships were, but I hadn't heard they didn't do well either.

Personally, I LIVE in Europe and I want to do a DISNEY cruise that leaves out of a European port.

With Euro-Disney, and all of the Fabulous ports that Europe has to offer -- I would think that a great cruise could be made to suit both adults and children.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Now I'm curious, you said it didn't go well, I want to here more!!

How could Disney and Med not go well :confused:

Well the Med's selling for 3rd and 4th person was $99 a piece. Compared to prices for the Caribbean, that tells me it didn't go well.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, Carnival just pulled a ship out of the Med.

Disney is used to charging a large premium for their cruises. Between this premium and airfares going up and we won't get into the econmy, Disney may be retrenching.

Well the Med's selling for 3rd and 4th person was $99 a piece. Compared to prices for the Caribbean, that tells me it didn't go well.

99 bucks that is cheap :eek: not what I ended up paying on princess, but the Ports last year didn't look the best. Oh well that is what I get for having work delay my vacation last summer. Missed Disney, missed saving big and got a much stronger Euro :mad:

Still loooking foward to upcoming Med. It would have been nice to have been on disney as I'm sure in a few of the ports my children would have probably just stayed on the boat. On princess I'm less convinced they will be jumping to stay on the boat. The next time I cruise they will be out of Disney land age :D

99 bucks that is cheap :eek: not what I ended up paying on princess, but the Ports last year didn't look the best. Oh well that is what I get for having work delay my vacation last summer. Missed Disney, missed saving big and got a much stronger Euro :mad:

Still loooking foward to upcoming Med. It would have been nice to have been on disney as I'm sure in a few of the ports my children would have probably just stayed on the boat. On princess I'm less convinced they will be jumping to stay on the boat. The next time I cruise they will be out of Disney land age :D

I don't know how old above Disneyland age is but I think that it's well north of 45 because I haven't hit it yet. In fact I'm just planning a trip for Christmas this year to see the Candlelight Processional, The Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion, It's a small world and the Carolers on Main St. I can't get too much of it.

Hello been lurkin for some time, but had to post to correct a little bit of information posted here.

I have sailed Disney Cruise line a number of times and went on the Med Cruise in 2007.

It was a complete success in the Med, the ships were 100% full, the cruise line charged a far higher per day rate, than the Caribbean for these cruises, and it was low season in the Caribbean so if it stayed income would be lower.

The cruises sold quickly, not as fast as Panama crossings, but far faster than the summer 2009 Caribbean cruises are selling.

The shore excursions were full you could see so many coaches lined up at each port, and for long day trips the charges were high and Disney would have had considerable income on these.

The only discounts were on Cat 12 rooms near sail date, far fewer than Caribbean sailings and NO 3/4 rates of $99 or anywhere near that, However on the two transatlantic crossings with six sea days in a row there were discounts on 3/4 person in the room, and this might be where previous posters thought there was discounts, To confirm 'only' on the transatlantic and not in the Med.

Finally Disney cruise line has confirmed opening up an office in London, maybe we can look to that strategic position with Orlando (Celebration) and Los Angles for clues to the future.

each cruise so far on Disney has had a link to a Disney theme park, WDW, California and Paris.

With the dollar sliding down the tubes I think you'll see a surge in the popularity of Med cruises. See the sights and then hop back on the ship where you can spend your American dollar.

I think this post has been extremely speculative thus far. No one has any real evidence that these cruises didn't sell as Disney expected.

My two cents says that with four ships it makes sense to have two based at Canaveral. One west coast and one for special itineraries like Europe.

Archived