I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Viking;

You have helped me get my trip together but here I need assistance. I am doing the segway tour from 10-12;00noon. I have an ice bar apt @ 3;00pm. therefore I was thinking due to time constraints I would head to go back to Nyhavn and grab a hot dog and maybe get on the canal boats (the ones on the opposite side of the Nyhavn.. about 20 meters. what is there name?). Once boat tour is complete then head for the ice bar apt @ 3:00pm.

Is all the above possible?

If yes, do I wait for the bus I think #26 at the pier?

Name of the canal tour company the one that is a lot cheaper?

your thoughts.

Thanks

Bob

Just butting in Bob. I assume you are doing the Segway with Seamus. We did this last week. He is a great guy. The 'office' is in an archway under the wall on Langeline pier. Its right beside the ship if you moor at the north end of the pier and has a red and white sign like a sailboard sail outside. We didn't finish our tour until around 12.15, so you want to allow for this. It took us 40 mins to walk to Nyhavn, so you know. The blue boats are the cheaper one (battoboat?...something like that), but you can get the water bus from Langeline pier (the south end) to Nyhaven. Its on the DFDS boats green line and only takes about 15 mins, but I think they run every hour. €40 for an all day ticket I think.

Simon

@ bozilla

I can´t find the hotel so do you have a name or a correct link to the hotel.

@ wack001

The name is Netto Bådene or the Netto Boats.

And i could not make a better answer than the other above me but i don´t think that a daypas to the DFDS Tour cost 40 USD because that is insanely expensive.

@ bozilla

I can´t find the hotel so do you have a name or a correct link to the hotel.

@ wack001

The name is Netto Bådene or the Netto Boats.

And i could not make a better answer than the other above me but i don´t think that a daypas to the DFDS Tour cost 40 USD because that is insanely expensive.

My mistake DV, it was DKK40 !

Simon

My mistake DV, it was DKK40 !

Simon

Simon/Viking;

Thanks to the both of you.

Simon; since you just returned, do you think the canal tour + ice bar is just too much.

Best and quickest non taxi way to get to the Nyhaven.. which I was told is great for lunch like the locals on a bench with a beer.. any comments please..

Simon/Viking;

Thanks to the both of you.

Simon; since you just returned, do you think the canal tour + ice bar is just too much.

Best and quickest non taxi way to get to the Nyhaven.. which I was told is great for lunch like the locals on a bench with a beer.. any comments please..

I don't know where the ice bar is and didn't do it, so can't really answer your question. A few CCer's did the one in Stockholm and said it was OK, but I think they only got one or two shots of vodka. As I said, the best non taxi way is the green line DFDS water bus (don't know about the buses). The info is at http://www.canaltours.com/DCT/EN/Waterbus/Green/ . I made a slight mistake. One complete tour (blue and green line) is DKK40, a day ticket is DKK60. http://www.canaltours.com/mediafiles/canaltours/timetables/Tidsplan%202010_3.jpg is the timetable. Boats come to Langeline pier (9th column) every 45 mins and it takes about 20 mins to Nyhavn. You will also see the pier in the 6th column. This is because it goes to the pier, out to the Trekroner fortress, then back to the pier. There are 2 sets of steps at the DFDS pier (look for the DFDS flag and Danish flag). You want the set to the south nearer the city. We did both the blue and green in one tour, and although there was no commentary, it was still a good way to se the city. there are loads of bars and restaurants down there and loads of people sit along the side of the canal. Be warned though; 2 beers will be around $12!!

BTW, hope you are not getting confused as you titled your question Helsinki!!

Simon

The Ice Bar is in the Hotel 27 in Copenhagen. You can go on line and see where they are by searching Ice Bar Copenhagen. You get one drink with entry and can stay a maximum of 45 minutes. You need a reservation as when tour groups are in they are booked. Cost is 150DKK or approx $30 US. Their location is just off of the Stroget so if you went from Nyhaven down the Storget and then to the Ice Bar you would see a lot along the way. Can't advise as to whether you have enough time. But if my time was limited the Ice Bar would not be my top choice of things to do. Just my opinion.

Barbara

The Ice Bar is in the Hotel 27 in Copenhagen. You can go on line and see where they are by searching Ice Bar Copenhagen. You get one drink with entry and can stay a maximum of 45 minutes. You need a reservation as when tour groups are in they are booked. Cost is 150DKK or approx $30 US. Their location is just off of the Stroget so if you went from Nyhaven down the Storget and then to the Ice Bar you would see a lot along the way. Can't advise as to whether you have enough time. But if my time was limited the Ice Bar would not be my top choice of things to do. Just my opinion.

Barbara

I second that!!

There are much more interesting things to do in Copenhagen. Go to one of the old restaurants in Nyhavn and have a drink there.

Hi I'm looking to plan my own Denmark excursion and looking for help.

Traveling w Jewel of the Seas, will be in Copenhagen Sun Aug 1.

Not sure of the port..but I'd like to visit the following places

Danish Resistance Museum 1 hr

Danish Jewish Museum 1 hr

Tivoli Gardens

Round Tower

and maybe Ice Bar

is there enough time for all this..ill be in town from 8 to 5

how can i get to these places..bus? hoho bus??

is there a transportation card, or do i have to get a reg Copenhagen card??

thanks

@ llevy315

I would take the route as followed

Resistance museum

Walk through Kongens Have and Rosenborg Castle to the Round Tower

The Round Tower

Tivoli

Bus number 26 back to Langelinie or train to Østerport and a short walk from there.

http://map.krak.dk/m/pScfB

thank you..but what exactly do u mean by walk through kongems Have.

I have no clue what you are talking about?

Just looked at google, they mentioned

bus 1a from danish resistance museum to christianburg (added stop)

Then bus 2 A to round tower (w walking, only 12 min??)

Bus 29 w walking to absolut ice bar

and then walk to Tivoli

Does that make sense???

DV: we finally decided on the Hotel Mayfair for our precruise stay (Aug 20 to 23). We'd like to spend some time browsing through a flea market on Saturday Aug 21. There seems to be sereral listed on the VisitCopenhagen site. I'm leaning towards the one in Gammel Strand. Do you know approximately the time the market runs and if it's within easy walking distance of the Tivoli area?

Would you recommend Tivoli Saturday night or Sunday night? Is one night better for less crowds?

Thanks much

Chatdad

Decided to include the Ho Ho bus with our walking tour itinerary since DH now have knee issues. Is better to buy tickets on the internet or just do it on the same day at the bus station? Will they take credit cards? I'm pretty sure this has been addressed before but can't find it anymore. Too many pages...

Hello Danish Viking,

How wonderful to have you as a resource for Denmark. I have been lurking for a while and now have a question for you. I have searched this thread and can't find what I would like to know.

There will be several of us arriving in Copenhagen prior to our cruise next May 2011. Is there a company you can recommend that would have a bus that would transport a group from the Best Western Hotel City to the cruise port? I know the distance isn't far, but having the convenience of a bus to take us all at the same time would be nice. I am not sure of the number, could be 20 to 40 perhaps.

Thank you

Julie

Hi,

Thanks for all the great advice. My daughter and I are interested in a hot air ballon ride while in Denmark - can you suggest any company's? Also how is the transportation - if we need to get from the ship to the hot iar balloon site? Thanks!:)

@ llevy315

If you look at the map you can see that my walking route goes through the public park Kongens Have.

The walk would only take about 1 hour without any stop so i don´t think that it is necesary to take the bus.

@ chatdad

The fleamarked at Gammel Strand is considered the best in Denmark and you almost won´t find any junk.

It is open fridays 08:00 to 18:00 and saturdays 09:00 to 17:00.

If you follow the main pedestrian street called Strøget you will be at Tivoli in no time.

@ celyvabeach

I don´t think that they will take credit cards so do have some cash on you or buy them online.

@ flrose

I know the people from busteam so i can say ok to them, the busses are no modern but they are cheap.

http://www.busteam.dk/default.asp?key=us_171

Or else try these company´s

Lyngby Turistfart

Herfølge Turistfart

Copenhagen Bus Service

Valby Busser

@ cindymouse42

I think that your question is answered in the other thread.

Danish Viking,

We will be arriving at the Kastrup Airport on a Saturday and going directly to our cruise ship at Freeport. Since the #26 bus does not run on Saturdays, is this the best scenario for four people?

Buy 3-zone train tickets from the airport to Osterport station, then take a taxi to the pier.

Returning from the cruise, also on a Saturday, taxi to Osterport and train to Central Station area where our hotel is located.

If so, are taxis readily available at Osterport and at Freeport? Is the train the same as the S-bahn?

Mange tak. Paula

Danish Viking;

After reading all the post and all your wonderful helpful tips I am thinking that after my segway tour to get one of the city bikes at the pier and my wife and I go biking to Nyhaven, much like the locals.

My questions;

Is this doable?

easy to follow streets/maps?

anywhere we can turn the city bike back at Nyhaven.

Figure why not do a fun and different things.

assistance please.

athanks

Bob

@ celyvabeach

I don´t think that they will take credit cards so do have some cash on you or buy them online.

@ flrose

I know the people from busteam so i can say ok to them, the busses are no modern but they are cheap.

http://www.busteam.dk/default.asp?key=us_171

Or else try these company´s

Lyngby Turistfart

Herfølge Turistfart

Copenhagen Bus Service

Valby Busser

@ cindymouse42

I think that your question is answered in the other thread.

Thanks DV,will be in Copenhagen Aug 18-20 and Aug 30. Thank you for all your help.

Danish Viking;

After reading all the post and all your wonderful helpful tips I am thinking that after my segway tour to get one of the city bikes at the pier and my wife and I go biking to Nyhaven, much like the locals.

My questions;

Is this doable?

easy to follow streets/maps?

anywhere we can turn the city bike back at Nyhaven.

Figure why not do a fun and different things.

assistance please.

athanks

Bob

That was our plan too Bob...Seamus (on the Segway) said forget it!! The bikes are uncomfortable (solid tyres) and quite often death traps. We saw several dumped in lakes etc and Seamus said that you could rent a 'proper' bike at several places through the city (though I don't know where!). We looked at the City bikes at the end of the pier (there were only 3) and I don't think I would have been happy. Also, didn't see one in use in the City, which is probably as good an indicator as any!

Simon

Archived