I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

My PS3 can't handle pdf files and i am to lazy to turn on my computer ( Haha no i'm sick) but i can post the pier numbers.

http://www.cmport.com/en-GB/Ships%20in%20Port/Cruise%20Ships/download.aspx

170 is Nordre Toldbod

190 is Langelinie Pier

245 to 255 is the freeport terminal (sundkaj and orientkaj if you want to look it up on google maps

I have been unable to open this file - any suggestions?

Booked on Norwegian Sun Aug 6-15

Thank you :)

They update the cruiselist regularly and it was actually updated today.

The Sun will be docked at C254 in the freeport terminal. (22nd of June that is)

Thanks: I will adjust my notes. I assume cruiselist is usually correct. My TA at NCL provided the other pier info.

Dave

Danish Viking - I just love reading all of your posts Your valuable info has given me the confidence to explore Copenhagen and see all the points of interest on my own. However, I do have a question. On the canal rides - there are two tours - one is on the Netto boats for 60 mins (for 30 DKK) and the other is for 90 mins. (60DKK) Is one better than the other? I read that the longer one has a tour guide while the shorter one does not. True? Just how imortant is that? Also, is there a nice reasonable price (Copenhagen standards) place around the canal for lunch to get open face sandwich - which I read are to die for??? As always, thanks for your assistance and guidance.

@ canadarocks

Sorry no senior discounts on the CPH Card.

@ MRSBITS

The train schedule is here

On the Helsingør - Copenhagen schedule you need 3th column

On the Copenhagen - Helsingør schedule you need the 2nd column

Copenhagen Central Station is København H

http://www.dsbfirst.dk/files/Dokumenter/koreplan/Kystbanen_internet_2011.pdf

Tivoli is located next to the central station.

If you purchase the Copenhagen Card then you will have the transportation covered and if not i will calculate the cheapest tickets for you.

Thank you again, Danish Viking! I have looked at the train schedules and believe that our best bet would be to purchase The Copenhagen Card to cover all of our transportation needs, as well as the entrance into several venues! Carolyn

The train schedule is here

On the Helsingør - Copenhagen schedule you need 3th column

On the Copenhagen - Helsingør schedule you need the 2nd column

Copenhagen Central Station is København H

http://www.dsbfirst.dk/files/Dokumenter/koreplan/Kystbanen_internet_2011.pdf

Danish Viking,

could you also give us the train schedule links for Copenhagen-Hillerod and for Hillerod-Helsingor? We are planning to go to both in one day and need to figure out the best timing for castle tours, etc. I'm not sure which is the most efficient way to go - Hillerod or Helsingor first? I really appreciate all your help.

marazul

Hi, Danish Viking, can you give me advice on this. We are (4 of us) arriving CPH @ 10:30am on Jun 04 and the ship leaves at 6 pm. Since we have a few hours in between, do you think we can go to the little mermaid before going to the ship? I think we are going to take a taxi from the airport to the Freeport terminal and my friend told me it will pass the little mermaid before arriving the port, so I want to know is there anywhere for the taxi to park for a while, then we can go to take a few pictures there? Thanks!

Sorry if this question is a repeat. Coming into Copenhagen pre-cruise and staying at the Crowne Plaza. I believe it is the Orestad Metro stop across the street from the hotel? and also which stop is the best to get off at to visit Tivoli Gardens and the canal boat tours?? What about the Carlsburg Brewery? I plan on buying either a city pass or a copenhagen card at the airport on arrival.

@ boeckli

It is at C254, also in the freeport terminal.

@ smkozel

Both the Öresund (airport) train and the metro stops at Ørestad station and all kind of transportation tickets are valid on both systems.

If you are going on the canal tour you need to take the metro line M1 to Kongens Nytorv (The Kings New Square) and walk to Nyhavn from there.

Nyhavn is located and the opposide corner of the square.

Tivoli is located next to København H (the central station) so you need to take the Öresund train to København H.

@ squaremimi

There is a place just next to the little mermaid where the busses can park so i´m assuming that your taxi can park there aswell.

@ marazul

The timetable for the Hillerød Helsingør train (lille Nord) is here.

To reach the timetable just use the link that says Køreplan

Hverdage is monday to friday

Lørdage is saturdays

Søndag og Hldg (helligdag) is sundays and public holidays

http://lokalbanen.dk/Køreplaner/Lille_Nord.aspx

http://www.dsb.dk/Global/PDF/Koereplaner/S-tog/Linje%20E.pdf

My hometown of Ølby and Køge are the last stations on the line :-)

@ agelessgram

This list contains every place in Copenhagen that sells smørrebrød

http://www.aok.dk/custom_search/list/sections%3A2%3Bterms6%3A132%3Bterms7%3A142%3Bctid%3A18?n=1

You have to look at places in København K (aka Indre By)

You can sort by price level

Billig = Cheap

Middel = Mid range

Høj = High

Also by Atmosphere

Trendy

Klassikere = Classics

Nye Steder = New Places

Udsigt = place with a view

Bistro/Brasserie

Romantisk = Romantic

I´m guessing from your post that you by canal means Nyhavn and so i will choose thesse places from the list of cheap places.

Cafe Fremtiden

Ida Davidsen

Københavner cafeen

Lauras Køkken

Restaurant Amalie

Ravelinen

Restaurant Sank Annæ

Wessels Kro

All the places in Nyhavn are located in the mid range level.

Danish viking,

thanks for the info. I may also learn some Danish!

Do you have a preference as to the way to go - Hillerod or Helsingor first?

Also, we'll be in Copenhagen from Saturday morning through Wednesday. Thinking of Roskilde on Saturday afternoon, Copenhagen on Sunday, Hillerod and Helsingor on Monday and more Copenhagen on Tuesday and Wednesday morning. Will this work out best with closing hours for museums, shops, etc? Might switch Roskilde to Sunday morning if we are too tired from the flight on Saturday. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tak.

marazul

I would go to Hillerød first because the train to and from Helsingør is more comfy and after a long day its nice to relax.

I would probably not go to Roskilde on the first day because you will tired after a long flight so i think that a nice stroll around central Copenhagen the first day would be a good idea.

I would go to Hillerød first because the train to and from Helsingør is more comfy and after a long day its nice to relax.

I would probably not go to Roskilde on the first day because you will tired after a long flight so i think that a nice stroll around central Copenhagen the first day would be a good idea.

Good points. Thanks again!

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

We have a few hours in Copenhagen on 3rd May, arriving on a short re-positioning cruise from Southampton. We arrive early morning and our flight home is not till 6PM. Any suggestions for where to go, we will have our suitcase unless you know of any secure left luggage facility.

We have a few hours in Copenhagen on 3rd May, arriving on a short re-positioning cruise from Southampton. We arrive early morning and our flight home is not till 6PM. Any suggestions for where to go, we will have our suitcase unless you know of any secure left luggage facility.

The main train station should have some baggage check options. That location is very handy and close to such super star attractions as Tivoli, City Hall, their art museum, main shopping areas, etc. Walking around in Copenhagen is so wonderful and allows you a better chance to see the charming architecture, great public art, etc. I would consider doing a canal boat tour as this rest your feet and allows great sights on the various historic buildings in this town. Below are some of my visual samples for some options to consider. You can see and do lots in a short time period in this spectacular city.

You can check more pictures and options at Copenhagen: Why Walking Back to the Ship Is Super Great!!!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=975779

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 31,900 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

This is the exterior of the main art museum in Copenhagen that was funded by the Carlsberg beer fortune.:

CPNArtMuseum.jpg

A different angle for Copenhagen dramatic City Hall on its main, central square.:

CPHCityHallDetails.jpg

Copenhagen's historic 1695 Church of Our Saviour is a baroque church with its famous corkscrew spire as seen on the canal tour in the Christanshavns canal area:

CopenSpiralChurch.jpg

Lots of great statues and interesting architecture in Copenhagen:

1-CPH-StatueonWalk.jpg

A view of Tivoli with its rides, water and downtown Copenhagen buildings in the background:

1A-Tivoli-WaterBoats.jpg

Copenhagen’s Nyhavn or “New” Harbor is actually old and charming with lots of outdoor dining options and nearby shopping:

Boat.jpg

The main train station should have some baggage check options. That location is very handy and close to such super star attractions as Tivoli, City Hall, their art museum, main shopping areas, etc. Walking around in Copenhagen is so wonderful and allows you a better chance to see the charming architecture, great public art, etc. I would consider doing a canal boat tour as this rest your feet and allows great sights on the various historic buildings in this town.

A canal tour is a great idea. It takes about an hour, leaves from Nyhavn and you can see the boat in Terry's glorious picture. The first half of this shows where it goes

You can book your tour, if you want an exact time, from the excellent tourist information office which is very near the train station, but I think this will be the 60 DKK one (which I did), or you can make your arrangements while down at the canal, where there is a 30 DKK one.

All the best, Tony

Thanks again for your help, Viking.

I was just curious, how is the CPH card validated at trains and public transport? You wrote that regular train tickets, etc need to be validated at the machines prior to boarding. Is it the same procedure for the CPH card? Also, I assume at museums and attractions one simply shows the CPH card instead of the admission ticket so there is no need to stand in ticket lines.

Tak!

Danish Viking

Thanks so much for all the info. We like to plan ahead so we spend our time sightseeing, not figuring out what to do. We will arrive in CPH on Friday June 10 at 9:30 am, and leave on Monday. We are parent and have two teens. We plan on getting the CPH cards. We plan on 1 1/2 days seeing central CPH and want to take the train to Fredriksborg Slot one day. Is it better to go to Hillerod on Saturday or Sunday? Also we plan on meeting another family on Sunday evening for a trip to Tivioli. They also have a teen. How much time should we spend there?

Thanks again for a great thread:)

Archived