I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

We are arriving on the Emerald Princess on May 13. Would you know what

pier they will be using in Copenhagen.

We have a 2:55 pm flight so there is plenty of time to get to the airport.

Is it easy to use public transit to get from the pier to the airport or should

I take the ship's transfer. We generally like to go on our own.

i just want to add this one to the Nyhavn area

Café Oscar

Bredgade 58

1260 København K

Konditori Antoinette

Østergade 24 B2

1100 København K

well in the town hall square i can find this ones.

Cafe Bjørg´s

Vester Voldgade 19

1552 København V

Wanna B

Kompagnistræde 4

1208 København K

Café Europa 1989

Amagertorv 1

1160 København K

André Citroen

Vesterbrogade 58

1620 København V

We will be in Copenhagen overnite pre & post cruise (June 3 and June 15). Plan to go to Tivoli in the evening and have dinner there. What restaurant(s) would you recommend? Also what should we expect the weather to be like temperature-wise. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello

We will have a full day in Copenhagen as our ship is docked over night. Unfortunately we leave to fly home the next day.

Would it be too much to spend the morning touring Elsinore Castle (Helsingør)

with a quick stop at Karen Blixen's ancestral home, followed by an afternoon and evening in Copenhagen? I realize Copenhagen is a big city, and our brief visit will just give us a small sample. We will most likely return one day on a land visit to get a fuller appreciation. Can you provide any advice about the trains?

Thank you,

Ellen

@ sansterre

you will have to plan the entire day to this trip

The quickest option is to take the IC Lyn (express train) at 08:50 from the central station.

With a change to bus 244 in Vejle you will be in Legoland at 11:43.

You can take an earlier train but this will with regular intercity services to either Vejle or Kolding and further on with a bus to Legoland and you will have to add around 30 minutes to the trip.

@ MamaDy

The best place i have been to in Tivoli is Café Ultima.

http://www.cafeultimotivoli.dk/start.asp?sprog=1

The weather change alot year to year, last year was hit or miss but the other years has been pretty good but it doesn´t get really hot before the end of june/start of july.

@ CrucianGal

It is indeed possible to do this trip in one half day because the trip will only take around 40 minutes and the seats in the train are very comfy because in sweden these trains runs as intercity trains.

but i need the date of the visit and also pier location or the ships name to give you a more detailed plan.

@ CrucianGal

It is indeed possible to do this trip in one half day because the trip will only take around 40 minutes and the seats in the train are very comfy because in sweden these trains runs as intercity trains.

but i need the date of the visit and also pier location or the ships name to give you a more detailed plan.

Tak Danish Viking!

We are on Eurodam July 20th arriving at 8am. I do not know what pier we will be arriving at. Is it Langelinie?

Regards,

Ellen

Eurodam is docked at the freeport terminal.

The castle opens at 10:30

Take bus number 26 from outside the cruise terminal at 09:19 to Østerport Station.

From Østerport you take the train to Helsingør at 09:36 and you will be in Helsingør station at 10:14 and according to the route planer you will be at the castle at 10:32 after a short walk.

The train departs every 20th minute, i have posted the schedule just days ago so you should be able to find it.

Thank you Danish Viking for the info on Legoland. We have a Legoland being built near us so I'm very interested. Your detailed instructions are great to have. If we don't meet up with some relatives, we will go there, even for just a few hours. Any idea of cost of train, admission?

Re: Legoland (assume above post was for me)

We (on the HAL Prinsendam) arrive Copenhagen Friday, June 10 at 8am. Glad you made me look because getting the 8:50 train would be pushing it. Agree?

We depart the next day - Sat. at 1pm.

Husband will be 65. I am not quite there yet. It is just the two of us.

@ CrucianGal

My ultimate cruise would be a carribean cruise but sofar i don´t have the finances.

But it is noted :-)

@ sansterre

The price to enter Legoland is 279 DKK per adult and 249 per senior and the park is open from 10 to 20

You will have to take bus number 26 from Langelinie pier to Østerport station or walk down there.

You can purchase the train (and bus ?) ticket at Østerport.

If you can´t purchase the bus ticket at Østerport you will have 18 minutes to change in Vejle so it should be enough.

The S-train from Østerport to the central station is going aprox. every second minute and it takes 6 minutes so you would have to take the train at 09:30 at the latest.

Take a intercity Lyn train from the central station to Vejle (direction Alborg) at 09:50.

You are in Vejle 11:52 and there is a express bus 907X at 12:10 to Legoland (direction Grindsted) and you will be at Legoland 12:58

On the way back you can take the express bus 907X at 19:05 towards vejle and you will be in Copenhagen at 22:22.

Or a regular bus 244 at 18:30 and you will be in Copenhagen at 21:22 but you will only have 6 minutes to change from the bus terminal in vejle to the train station and the route planner suggest 6 minutes to the change.

The price for the return ticket for the train (from Copenhagen to Vejle) is 1238 DKK including seat reservation and the bus (from vejle to Legoland) is 122 DKK and 82 DKK for the senior ticket.

But if you are available to purchase the train ticket online (and print them out) from dsb.dk you can get a return ticket with seat reservations called Orange weekend for 700 dkk but you can´t purchase them so far ahead.

But the train departure on these tickets are fixed and they are unrefundable so if you miss the train it´s just bad luck.

links

www.dsb.dk

www.xbus.dk

www.legoland.dk

Danish Viking, Thank you for all your information. Can the same currency be used in Denmark, Sweden and Norway? Thanks. Diane

NO! Sorry! Each of these three excellent countries have their own local currency. And costs are high in each of these great countries. If you only have a day in each country, you might be able to get by for many of your needs by using credit cards. There have been many earlier posts on the various currencies in the Baltics. Only Germany, Estonia and Finland are on the euro for this area. What's your overall travel plan, cities being visited?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For lots of interesting details, great visuals, etc., from our July 1-16 Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. Don’t be shy and feel free to ask any questions of interest. This posting is now over 33,370 views. Appreciate those who have “tuned in”.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

With the US Dollar decline in value. Which is the best way to get from the airport to the Hotel Opera? Which station do we use to get into town and how far is it from our hotel. Will a taxi take us the short distance to the hotel from the station. Are the trains easy to take with luggage?

Thanks

Dave

Archived