I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ kierasmom

I would take the train from the airport to the central station and use the luggage storage there.

From there you can reach all the museums with public transportation except The national museum that is in walking distance from the central station.

The Copenhagen card covers the entrance and that is not time permitted so you just walk out when you are finished.

@ djmutters

This is not really my area if expertise so i don´t know what age groups use the various clubs.

Club Christopher

K3

Cosmo

Men´s bar

@ NKG6002

I am only aware of the Crowne Plaza but that is only to the airport but every hotel is located near some form of public transportation.

There are some hits when you search on Google but i think that a Taxi is cheaper.

The budget hotels in Copenhagen are Cabinn (several locations) and Wake up and the Copenhagen City Hostel is actually at the same standard as the budget hotels.

@ Zouave

The current top 10 according to tripadvisor looks like this.

Nimb

Hilton Copenhagen Airport

Clarion Collection Hotel Mayfair

Crowne Plaza Hotel Copenhagen Towers

Adina Apartment Hotel Copenhagen

Bertrams Hotel Guldsmeden

Sømandshjemmet Bethel

Best Western Hotel City

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel

Copenhagen Marriott Hotel

We can use some help regarding Copenhagen. We have been to the city on several cruises, have spent a couple of days roaming around the city visiting the usual museums castles...etc etc.. and also spent a day taking trains outside of the city to see the usual castles (Fredericsborg, Kronborg, etc). We will again be in Copenhagen this May for an overnight cruise stop and are trying to decide what we should do with our day. We welcome any suggestions outside the normal tourist places.

Hank

Thanks Chris! Can you tell me how many zones or the cost of a bus ticket from Jagtvej/Rantzausgade area to the airport or would a train from that area be better and how much would that be? Trying to get a handle on all this and to see if a Copenhagen card would save us money or not.

@ Hlitner

You can go to Roskilde 25 km west of Copenhagen to see the cathedral and the viking ship museum or frilandsmuseet (open air museum) in Virum north of Copenhagen.

The fishing (and bathing) villages (Gilleleje, Tisvildeleje, Hornbæk and or Hundested) in north zealand is also a possibility.

A trip across the Øresund bridge to Malmö is also a nice trip, here you can visit the famous Turning Torso skyscraper.

@ lambs2

The number of fare zones to the airport is 3 and the price for a single ticket is 36 DKK

If your not planning on purchasing the CPH Card you can just buy the Citypass for 70 DKK, it is valid for 24 hours and covers Copenhagen, Frederiksberg and the airport.

If you just take bus number 18 further along the line you will end at the last stop called Frederiksberg Station and from here you can take Metro Line M2 to the airport.

But if you wait 7 years you can take the metro almost from the door :D

I know you wrote this in 2008, don't know if you are still checking in here.

We will be ending our Oceania trip in Copenhagen on July 1 at 7:AM We are unable to

spend the night in Copenhagen and must leave by air at approximately 4:30 in the afternoon. Do you have any suggestions for touring your beautiful city before we have to be at the airport. (We will have our bags I guess) I was hoping for a guide who could spend 4 hours or so with us and then drop us off at the airport. It doesn't appear that the cruise ship offers any type of day trip that would end at the airport. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are planning our Scandinavian & Russia cruise next year (July 28, 2012) on the Emerald Princess. We inquired about hotels they are offering as a package before we sail and the hotel they are listing is the Hotel King Arthur at a price of $449.48 US) for two including taxes and transfers. Is this a reasonable rate or is there less expensive hotels close to both the airport and port that you might recommend?

Any help here would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Greg

@ lambs2

The number of fare zones to the airport is 3 and the price for a single ticket is 36 DKK

If your not planning on purchasing the CPH Card you can just buy the Citypass for 70 DKK, it is valid for 24 hours and covers Copenhagen, Frederiksberg and the airport.

If you just take bus number 18 further along the line you will end at the last stop called Frederiksberg Station and from here you can take Metro Line M2 to the airport.

But if you wait 7 years you can take the metro almost from the door :D

Thanks so much once again, Danish Viking, for all your help. We have decided to buy the 24 hour Copenhagen cards and hope to do Fredricksborg Castle area and then the Viking Museum in Roskilde on one day - plus planning it all just close enough so that we can use the card to get to the airport the next morning by 8am! I know that sounds like we are cramming in a lot, but we like challenges! :D

Is there luggage storage at the airport? I know you mentioned at the Central Station but was curious about the airport? Cost per bag? Thanks!

Also, is the Hilton the only airport hotel that is adjacent to the airport? If so, what is the next closest and would you have to ride a shuttle or take a taxi? Thanks!

I've ordered and received a free city map from the VisitCopenhagen website, which is very helpful to get to know "the lay of the land". For our purposes, a CityPass ticket is our best option for transportation. We'll need to take the Metro2 from the airport to the hotel near Kongens Nytorf.

The map states tickets are available at Movia ticket offices and DSB stations with ticket outlets. Just to clarify, is the DSB one of these automated ticket outlets? Should we look for this at the airport?

Tak!

@ JandK'sVistas

I would try this website.

http://guides.dk/2-59-english.html

@ Grego

I was looking for a equal date this year and i got prices for around 170 USD for the same hotel but without transfer.

The prices with a taxi from the airport is around 50 USD and from the hotel to the freeport terminal is around 20-30 USD so this will add up to around 250 USD if you book by yourself and take the taxi.

It would be way cheaper if you use public transportation.

Now i understand why you guys think that it is so expensive in Copenhagen.

The hotel itself is located a little bit away from the downtown area but you will be there in around 10 minutes on foot.

@ lambs2

The viking ship museum is open from 10:00 to 16:00 and from june 26 to august 31 it´s 10:00 to 17:00.

Frederiksborg Slot is open from 10:00 to 17:00 but you can start here and enjoy the beautiful barock garden before the castle opens.

Bus number 600S (direction Hundige) will take you directly from Hillerød to Roskilde in 1 hour and 4 minutes.

You can take a combination of S-train Line E and a regional train to Roskilde with a change of train in Østerport.

Traveltime is between 1 hour and 8 minutes and 16 minutes.

@ dsw39

yes there are several banks in the airport with atm´s.

@ jdvmd

The luggage storage is located in the arcade between terminal 2 and 3

The price per item is 50 DKK and the opening hours are 06:00 to 22:00.

The Crowne plaxa has a airport shuttle and is located 2 stations from the airport at Ørestad with the Øresund /airport trains trains (not the Metro)

Also in Ørestad you will find the Cabin Metro hotel if you want it a little bit cheaper but no shuttle to this hotel.

Quality Hotel Airport Dan is located 1 km from the airport and next to Kastrup metro station (one stop from the airport)

Others nearby are..

Park Inn Copenhagen next to femøren metro station (2 stops)

Hotel Bel Air in walking distance from Tårnby train station (Øresund Train) between Ørestad and the airport stations.

@ Stelladoro

DSB is the national danish rail company and they both have automats and a ticket office at the airport.

There is only one metro line from the airport so you just get on the next train.

But just remember not the use the Øresund trains.

@ lambs2

The viking ship museum is open from 10:00 to 16:00 and from june 26 to august 31 it´s 10:00 to 17:00.

Frederiksborg Slot is open from 10:00 to 17:00 but you can start here and enjoy the beautiful barock garden before the castle opens.

Bus number 600S (direction Hundige) will take you directly from Hillerød to Roskilde in 1 hour and 4 minutes.

You can take a combination of S-train Line E and a regional train to Roskilde with a change of train in Østerport.

Traveltime is between 1 hour and 8 minutes and 16 minutes.

@ dsw39

yes there are several banks in the airport with atm´s.

@ jdvmd

The luggage storage is located in the arcade between terminal 2 and 3

The price per item is 50 DKK and the opening hours are 06:00 to 22:00.

The Crowne plaxa has a airport shuttle and is located 2 stations from the airport at Ørestad with the Øresund /airport trains trains (not the Metro)

Also in Ørestad you will find the Cabin Metro hotel if you want it a little bit cheaper but no shuttle to this hotel.

Quality Hotel Airport Dan is located 1 km from the airport and next to Kastrup metro station (one stop from the airport)

Others nearby are..

Park Inn Copenhagen next to femøren metro station (2 stops)

Hotel Bel Air in walking distance from Tårnby train station (Øresund Train) between Ørestad and the airport stations.

@ Stelladoro

DSB is the national danish rail company and they both have automats and a ticket office at the airport.

There is only one metro line from the airport so you just get on the next train.

But just remember not the use the Øresund trains.

Thanks! I think we are prepared for our visit

Dave

Hello! We are American "ex-pats" who are currently living in Copenhagen.

LOTS of great ships come through here - and I'm more than happy to give advice on "what to see and do".

We have two children, ages 4 and 6 (currently) - so are very well versed in "what do to with kids".

The great thing about CPH is that it is a VERY (and I mean VERY) clean, safe, and EASY city to explore.

This is a "not to miss" city on your plans --

Enjoy!

Hello Cruisin'Europe,

My wife and I will be in Copenhagen twice this summer, both before our Baltic cruise and then after the ship returns to Copenhagen. We're learning a lot from the postings on CC and by looking at maps.

We arrive June 29 and will need to find our way from the airport to a hotel (we don't know which one yet). On June 30, a morning tour of the city is provided as part of the cruise package, but we'll be on our own for that afternoon and evening.

Then, the ship returns to Copenhagen early in the morning on Sunday, July 10. We have booked the overnight ferry to Oslo and this leaves late in the afternoon, so we plan to do something in Copenhagen during the day prior to boarding the ferry. Our main question: Is there somewhere that we can safely put our luggage when we get off the ship, so we can see some of the sights unencumbered with it, then pick it up in the afternoon before boarding the ferry?

Thanks for any help!

Jerry (ColoTrvlr)

I appreciate all of the great info on this thread! I just received the 24-hour Copenhagen Card, and I am seriously considering taking the #26 bus from the cruise terminal (for Emerald Princess) to the Central Station when my cruise ends. Will I have problems getting my luggage (one large suitcase and two smaller carry-ons) on the bus, and will I annoy all of the other passengers with it?! I also plan to take the train to the airport the next day, so need to time my travels carefully to either not go over the 24-hour limit on the CPH Card, or else pay separately for the bus fare to the Central Station.

Archived