I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

Hi. Reading a lot that Tivoli Garden should be visited at night. With our itinerary, it's a lot more convenient to visit during the day. Is it worth back tracking and doing at night instead. Also,is it possible to visit during the day and use the same ticket to revisit at night the same day?

Thank you!

We were there @ the end of May..we got there approx 6pm. They did turn the lights on around 9 pm, but it closed @ 10 pm & it never got completely dark.

They charge $15 extra to be able to leave the park & return later. (I had asked them when I walked by the entrance during the day & had the same thought)

We were there @ the end of May..we got there approx 6pm. They did turn the lights on around 9 pm, but it closed @ 10 pm & it never got completely dark.

They charge $15 extra to be able to leave the park & return later. (I had asked them when I walked by the entrance during the day & had the same thought)

Thanks for that information. Sounds like it's not worth the hassle for me to back track back there for an hour of the lights....looks pretty enough during the day. This helps me with my itinerary. Thanks again.

@ jlrob

Is your plan to keep your luggage at the central station because you can take the train from Østerport station that is located close to all the cruise piers.

Stations in Sweden before Malmö C are Hyllie and Triangeln

The ticket price is 84 DKK one way or 136 DKK one way on the Øresund Familie ticket for 2 adults and 3 children´s.

@ TITISSA

A taxi is of course the most easy way to travel but also more expensive.

You can walk from the central station to The Square in a short time.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd+Posthus,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=The+Square,+R%C3%A5dhuspladsen&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.675104,12.565742&spn=0.003684,0.009645&geocode=FYmDUQMdsra_ACG8Pbjhu201oA%3BFVGNUQMdtsG_ACFX96zXde6-Bw&oq=the+sq&dirflg=w&doflg=ptk&mra=ls&t=m&z=17

@ lel5344

From Frederiksberg Town Hall some 200 meters away from your hotel you can get bus number 14 towards Klampenborg (sometimes only Charlottenlund Fort or Svanemøllen St.) and that one will get you directly to the Town Hall Square in around 15 minutes.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/dinrejse/koreplaner/Buslinje/afgangstider/Pages/AfgangsTider.aspx?line_direction_gid=9014200001410000&stop_gid=9025200000001347

On the way back you just take the Metro from Kongens Nytorv towards Vanløse and get off at Frederiksberg station, the hotel is just around the corner.

The price for one single trip in central Copenhagen is 24 DKK and you need 4 in total if you are 2 persons so the Klippekort is not a option unless you want to use the metro from the airport to Frederiksberg where the hotel is.

The 2 zone klippekort cost 145 DKK and will cover the sightseeing tour (4 punches) and transport from the airport (3 punches) so you will have one in spare.

The taxi will probably cost around 350-400 DKK one way.

You can also buy the Citypass Ticket that cost 75 DKK and is valid in 24 hour in Copenhagen and the airport area.

@ CRUIS4ME

The market at Thorvaldsens Plads every Saturday is probably the place to go.

@ jenhung012 and r1955

The re entry ticket is only 15 DKK (and not USD) in addition to the regular ticket and the light turns on at around 21:00.

For those going to Tivoli, you might want to check their web site. In my case, on a Friday night in August, they close late. Even with the sun setting so late, I will likely see nice lights - if I can stay awake long enough (jet lag is awful for me!) long enough to enjoy them!

@ jlrob

Is your plan to keep your luggage at the central station because you can take the train from Østerport station that is located close to all the cruise piers.

Stations in Sweden before Malmö C are Hyllie and Triangeln

The ticket price is 84 DKK one way or 136 DKK one way on the Øresund Familie ticket for 2 adults and 3 children´s.

@ TITISSA

A taxi is of course the most easy way to travel but also more expensive.

You can walk from the central station to The Square in a short time.

https://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=K%C3%B8benhavns+Hovedbaneg%C3%A5rd+Posthus,+K%C3%B8benhavn&daddr=The+Square,+R%C3%A5dhuspladsen&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.675104,12.565742&spn=0.003684,0.009645&geocode=FYmDUQMdsra_ACG8Pbjhu201oA%3BFVGNUQMdtsG_ACFX96zXde6-Bw&oq=the+sq&dirflg=w&doflg=ptk&mra=ls&t=m&z=17

Thank you so much... I counted 7 stops from the airport to Copenhagen Central Station. Is that right or the train from the airport is a direct one with no stops?

There are two stops between the airport and the central station - the whole journey takes 12 minutes. There are no direct trains, because they run every 10 minutes.

Make sure you don't take the Metro but the train (downstairs) from the Airport.

Please, would you let me know the mid prices hotels located on the center of copenhagen ?

ALSO THE RADISSON BLU SCANDINAVIA, HOW FAR IS FROM THE TOURIST PART OF TOWN,AND FROM THE TIVOLI ?

Miryam

Can you use a credit card for entrance into Tivoli?

Thanks!

I'm in Copenhagen at the moment. You can use visa for anything and everything including a tube of toothpaste and an ice cream cone at Tivoli.

Taxi drivers will take Euros at a low conversion rate. E.g. 20 Euros from port to city centre.

Only issue is that US banks are behind the the rest of world in issuing chip and pin cards. They are starting to be available. Try to get one.

Please, would you let me know the mid prices hotels located on the center of copenhagen ?

ALSO THE RADISSON BLU SCANDINAVIA, HOW FAR IS FROM THE TOURIST PART OF TOWN,AND FROM THE TIVOLI ?

Miryam

Clarion Mayfair is comfortable and central. 6 minute walk from Tivoli. Price included a perfectly adequate dinner buffet and breakfast.

The whole of the area around City Hall is a construction zone for a new metro system.

Hello!

We will be arriving in Copenhagen and were wondering which castles/museums you highly recommend since we only have 3 days before we board our ship. Also, what temperatures should we anticipate 60's?

Any other great restaurant recommendations near Tivoli would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Suds12

I'm in Copenhagen at the moment. You can use visa for anything and everything including a tube of toothpaste and an ice cream cone at Tivoli.

Taxi drivers will take Euros at a low conversion rate. E.g. 20 Euros from port to city centre.

Only issue is that US banks are behind the the rest of world in issuing chip and pin cards. They are starting to be available. Try to get one.

Thanks so much!

So does your Visa have a chip and pin, or did you make due without one? I suppose a lot has to do with whether there's an actual person to run the transaction through - and trust you!

Hello!

We will be arriving in Copenhagen and were wondering which castles/museums you highly recommend since we only have 3 days before we board our ship. Also, what temperatures should we anticipate 60's?

Any other great restaurant recommendations near Tivoli would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Suds12

If you enjoy history, the Viking Museum in Roskilde is fascinating. It is outside of Copenhagen but easily reached by regional train. There is a hall with information and relics of Viking Ships. There is also an area where they are building ships in the Nordic and Viking tradition, so you can learn about that. For an additional fee, we also were able to help crew/sail a 20-person Nordic vessel in the harbor. Note: By help crew, I mean that you will be rowing!

We were in Copenhagen 5 days before our cruise in July 2011, so we explored a lot of different places (but never went to Tivoli).

Hello!

Also, what temperatures should we anticipate 60's?

Many thanks

Suds12

Be prepared for any temperatures. We were in Copenhagen on May 21, 22, & 23 and it was nearly 80 degrees. When we got back on June 3rd it was about 65.

@ MIRYAM

The other questions i think you got the answer to but regarding the question about Radisson Scandinavia.

The distance is around 1,5 kilometers to the Town Hall Square and Tivolis main entrance.

All the rooms has been renovated or are about to.

Archived